Advice needed

I'm my opinion I have a decent array of characters available
On 70 and 7 star I have ek,jc,lu,qjg
70 and 6star Sid,Dooku mace
70 and 5 star maul, and many others
Am boosting up gs at monent and nearly unlocked rey

Up until recently I have struggled on gw but have destroyed all in my path last 2 days

Arena is easy if I make the effort but am comfortably sitting around 400

Any advice for improvements is much appreciated

Replies

• Carth_Onassi1973
    1708 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    For me, I would want another glass cannon maxed out. You have a lot of Jedi/Sith , which are vulnerable against their opposites in arena on defense (dooku stuns me every time). GS is great maxed out so maybe GS, Sid, Lumi, qgj and another cannon (ig86/88, 5's, Poe, etc). Phasma is another suggestion as well.

I'm currently fluctuating between the mid 70's to 120's depending on the activity for the day in arena. I'm trying to build a squad where every toon calls an ally coupled with extra attacks. I'm basically f2p, so i'm trudging along slooooowly.
  • Options
    Hello, and welcome to the forum!
  • Options
    Thanks! These threads are invaluable for both tips, tricks and therapy!
  • slmcmr
    875 posts Member
    Options
    What do you want the advice for? (arena or gw)
  • Options
    Advice really for Gw at the moment as am happy just plodding along in arena for now

I was also thinking of a squad where nearly all characters call an assist so was thinking
    Phasna lead
    Qjg
    Gs
    Ig86
    Lumi
  • slmcmr
    875 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    First of all welcome to the forum,
    Well, assist is not really so important in the GW, because of the long cool downs. GW is all about speed and knowing when to use your healers imo. I've been running this team for a while and i almost never lose anyone at the end: Lumi(Leader), Phasma, Daka, GS, Dooku. I always start with stunning one or two enemies with Dooku and then kill or seriously hurt Sidious. Once you kill the heal immunity guys (Sid, Kylo, Ani) it is time to use Lumi and heal everyone to full health also reduce cool down. Sometimes a huge healing is not needed so i use Daka to make Lumi ready for the next round. JC is also very useful in the GW, so you can use him im the A team (he is my backup healer). Also Barriss Offee is considered the best leader for GW because of health up and passive healing (i don't have her yet so...?)
    Feel free to ask anything you don't understand, after all this is what this forum about..!
  • Options
    Thanks

Why do u use lumi as leader as she is your only Jedi in the squad as I thought her leader ability only applied to Jedi ( well a worthwhile percentage gain anyway)

All advice is appreciated as I'm kinda new to the game and don't want to spend anymore cash on the game now I have a decent selection of characters
  • slmcmr
    875 posts Member
    Options
    I use her for passive heal and evasion (which never occurs :smile: ) However when i get Barriss ready for that position i'll swap her with Lumi and Phasma will go to bench. Believe me this team is doing just fine everyday. Btw the most important strategy in GW is "retreat" at low levels.
  • Options
    Haha yeah I only discovered the retreat option a couple of weeks ago

Cheers
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    slmcmr wrote: »
    I use her for passive heal and evasion (which never occurs :smile: ) However when i get Barriss ready for that position i'll swap her with Lumi and Phasma will go to bench. Believe me this team is doing just fine everyday. Btw the most important strategy in GW is "retreat" at low levels.

Once I swapped out 6* sid and 6* JC for 5* Barriss and 5* Rey my GWs have gotten much easier

• slmcmr
    875 posts Member
    Options
    RU486 wrote: »
    slmcmr wrote: »

Once I swapped out 6* sid and 6* JC for 5* Barriss and 5* Rey my GWs have gotten much easier

Yeah Rey should make things easier but mine isn't maxed out yet. With new update coming i stopped using almost everything. I hope i won't wait too long