Question on character gearing. Please help :)

So I’m preparing for the grand admiral thrawn event. I have all Phoenix to g8 exept zeb and chopper (working on it) and I was wondering something. Say if I have all the gear equipped to a character to get them to the next gear level but I don’t promote their gear level. They still gain the bonuses from the gear right?

Replies

• Options
    When you are adding pieces of gear to a character, the current gear tier only (no pieces equipped) is what is considered for any abilities that increase a characters stats.

If you have the items available to craft something and do not, it does absolutely nothing. If you have the items available to craft something and you do craft it, but do not equip it, it does absolutely nothing. If you have the pieces to craft an item and you craft it, and you equip it, and you do not roll the gear to the next tier, it is not considered for boosting bonuses.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    The gain the specific bonuses from those gear pieces, yes. But there is absolutely no reason not to promote the gear level and you gain other bonuses from doing so.
  • Hikari
    212 posts Member
    Options
    All % counters only take effect when you hit promote. There is no reason not to do so.
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    Options
    You also get bonus stats not listed in any of the gear from the actual gear level promotion as well iirc.
  • Options
    Thanks a lot guys this helps a lot. Was curious because I know I need to get my Ezra atleast gear 9 but I might not get ever gear piece. So when u upgrade to next gear level it actually affects the stats? Hikari so if you equip a gear piece that gives +2% tenacity. That doesn’t apply till you promote to next gear lvl is that what u mean? Sorry for all the confusion everyone
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    KyleMate wrote: »
    Thanks a lot guys this helps a lot. Was curious because I know I need to get my Ezra atleast gear 9 but I might not get ever gear piece. So when u upgrade to next gear level it actually affects the stats? Hikari so if you equip a gear piece that gives +2% tenacity. That doesn’t apply till you promote to next gear lvl is that what u mean? Sorry for all the confusion everyone

No, you get the 2% tenacity when you equip the gear piece. But if you have a mod that gives a % bonus to tenacity, it won't include that 2% in its calculations until you complete the gear level.
  • Options
    Oooh ok I get u. Really appreciate all the help guys. The 7* thrawn is g8 minimum So ultimately should I still equip the gear if I’m already gear 8 but can’t reach gear 9 to give them as much power as possible?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Hold the gear, try the event, and if you're having trouble equip some more pieces and try again. If you get through it without the gear then save it for somebody else.
  • Options
    KyleMate wrote: »
    Oooh ok I get u. Really appreciate all the help guys. The 7* thrawn is g8 minimum So ultimately should I still equip the gear if I’m already gear 8 but can’t reach gear 9 to give them as much power as possible?

Yes, but try the event first. If you fail, then add additional gear as needed. It's better to spend the gear exactly where you want it if you can.
  • Options
    Yep sounds good mate thanks! Although I they will need all the gear they can get at this rate
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Good mods help a lot.
  • Options
    Yeah liath but I doubt I’d get my hands on good mods for a while..