Ideal team comps

Now that I have Padme, I realize we have a few teams that cannibalize each other and trying to figure out ideal teams for like grand arena or tw.

Jkr team is best with Yoda and GK
Padme team is probably best with Gk and maybe Yoda or meta report seems to say c3p0 is most common, but I've seen videos with Barris and CWC
CLS team uses r2d2 and c3p0. CLS + Han + chewy is a great undersized squad though.
JTR team uses r2d2 and c3p0, but is also not important.
And best Darth Revan teams without Malak uses Yoda or Thrawn.
Thrawn can also be plugged in anywhere else.
GG team seems like only one not involved in this, which is fine with me

So trying to maximize success, what is best allocation of resources?

JTR is lowest priority so she's been getting RT, Finn, scavy rey and bb8, although my RT is weak, even before i got Padme, so I think that will continue.

But how to divide up those other 4 teams, idk.
I don't have hermit Yoda to give to jkr. My old Ben is not geared up enough. My Ezra is also weak. I'm willing to work on alternative GR toons, is Barris and CWC really viable to not cannibalize jkr, or is Padme the better team now and should be treated as such with the best squad? I don't have any other sith empire toons geared either, but sion is zeta'd and g11, and I don't have traya so can use him in Dr team. Nihilus is also g11 so he could be plugged in somewhere too (usually run ep, Vader, ds, dn, tarkin as an empire/sith squad for clean up or for night sisters)

Replies

• SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    Gk does help Ashoka. CWC is a beast on the team
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Jtr bb8 r2 3p0 t3
    Padme gmy at jka gk
    Revan jolee barris hoda bast
    Cls han chewie leia srp/old ben

Those are my core groups. Then I can field b/c squads of remaining res, jedi, rebs

Revan I always place on defense as it's just barely strong enough to force them to use their full revan squad.

JTR and Padme are my aces in the hole on offense.

I can clear almost any GA board unless they set both revans, which is rare as it will force partial clears on both sides.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    And yeah, for arena there is a strong argument for 3p0 on the padme squad, but for GA this has worked very well for me
  • Options
    Team composition is going to depend heavily if you are using offense or defense and specifically if you are talking about arena, TW, or Grand arena.

GA-Defense: Bastila lead, old Ben, Ezra, 2x Jedi and then you save JKR for offense with an undermanned squad. Or you set JKR on offense and you want the typical arena/meta squad because you're going against someone with the same or better mods. TW you're talking about basically the full metal/arena squad unless you have 10-12 g12+ Jedi with a ton of good mods.

Padme needs c3p0 but that's for offense. Having CLS and 4 legendary/Journey characters is really cheesy to me especially when you have JTR, JKR, or Padme wanting some of them. CLS, Han, Chewie, R2 is the typically set. Again, GA, not a full squad and you save one elsewhere. Usually I'll toss a Phoenix for a 5th just to get another rebel tank or attacker.

Saying what the "best" is, that's very subjective, but we can discuss it and break it down. Asking what is best for your specific situation, well, it really depends on a lot of factors and we simply don't have the data needed to offer the advice you'd want.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Separatist overlapping with droids, geos, sith, and NS is fun too!
  • Options
    nabokovfan wrote: »
    Team composition is going to depend heavily if you are using offense or defense and specifically if you are talking about arena, TW, or Grand arena.

GA-Defense: Bastila lead, old Ben, Ezra, 2x Jedi and then you save JKR for offense with an undermanned squad. Or you set JKR on offense and you want the typical arena/meta squad because you're going against someone with the same or better mods. TW you're talking about basically the full metal/arena squad unless you have 10-12 g12+ Jedi with a ton of good mods.

Padme needs c3p0 but that's for offense. Having CLS and 4 legendary/Journey characters is really cheesy to me especially when you have JTR, JKR, or Padme wanting some of them. CLS, Han, Chewie, R2 is the typically set. Again, GA, not a full squad and you save one elsewhere. Usually I'll toss a Phoenix for a 5th just to get another rebel tank or attacker.

Saying what the "best" is, that's very subjective, but we can discuss it and break it down. Asking what is best for your specific situation, well, it really depends on a lot of factors and we simply don't have the data needed to offer the advice you'd want.
    Thanks. Overall useful, and I know it's an evolving topic.

I know best is subjective, was trying to just get the pulse of how people do it/what works for them, see what creative things people have done/what theory crafting, cause GAC and TW are much more interesting than SA.

If you would like to look at my roster,
    https://swgoh.gg/p/474735952/characters/
    My GR is severely undergeared, again,too many things to focus on, my anikan isn't even 7* yet (I'm like 50/100... Doing the slow farm on him cause I didn't expect to 7* Padme, using cantina to farm bugs), but they will become a major focus now. But if I can use gk with them, I atleast have a g12 character already.

• Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Separatist overlapping with droids, geos, sith, and NS is fun too!

Don't even get started on that.

I got 7* Padme with a g1 lvl1 person in the 5th slot, GG is a beast!
  • Options
    Here is what I do:

Jkr, yoda, jolee, bastilla, hoda
    Padme, anakin, go, ahsoka, barris
    Jtr, scavenger, rt, 3p0, bb8
    Cls, han, chewie, r2, old ben

I use all 4 teams on offense in gac. My usual strategy is to ensure I can full clear anything's and put whatever I can on defense. If I can hit 1552+ I usually win.