Contraban cargo: deadly/tough tier

2Next

Replies

  • I do wish the Deadly tier rewarded shards as well, even if only for some small shard shop currency (which is such a meh shop anyway)... But all the ship ability mats, especially Omegas, and Prestige if you need it... The shards of non meta Falcons hold no value to me. Plenty of people can fill those platoons in TB so no need for me to get it.
  • Fauztin wrote: »
    Edit: my memory instantly corrected me - Ewok AT-ST and NSs events that reward Wicket and MT shards switch to zeta rewards.

    The difference is with those events you do each type once where this event you can do both at the higher tier.

  • TVF
    14279 posts Member
    thatguy181 wrote: »
    shard shop currency (which is such a meh shop anyway)....

    Respectfully but forcefully disagree.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • JDIII
    1190 posts Member
    @thatguy181 don’t you collect all the characters/ships? That’s the whole point to this game in the end
  • JDIII wrote: »
    @thatguy181 don’t you collect all the characters/ships? That’s the whole point to this game in the end

    When they're completely irrelevant, no I don't.
  • thatguy181 wrote: »
    JDIII wrote: »
    @thatguy181 don’t you collect all the characters/ships? That’s the whole point to this game in the end

    When they're completely irrelevant, no I don't.[/you never know when you’ll need them. Besides, there are TB platoons...
  • thatguy181
    118 posts Member
    edited August 10
    Vinniarth wrote: »
    thatguy181 wrote: »
    JDIII wrote: »
    @thatguy181 don’t you collect all the characters/ships? That’s the whole point to this game in the end

    When they're completely irrelevant, no I don't.
    you never know when you’ll need them. Besides, there are TB platoons...

    Aside from Rey's Falcon which has a small chance of becoming meta with Episode 9 love we're bound to receive near the end of the year, I doubt it.

    As for platoons, we've enough in my guild to fill those already. Same reason I won't waste time grinding Rose when we have enough already. I'd rather dump that energy onto gear than farm my own personal version of something that's not meta relevant.
  • Gorem
    1152 posts Member
    Ok this has happened a little to often, this thread that is, lol, Use the search function here :)

    Long time ago I created a poll about this topic, most people voted that they do the 2nd to last, because it rewards more.

    No idea why they decided to do it like this, but they did.
  • TVF
    14279 posts Member
    JDIII wrote: »
    @thatguy181 don’t you collect all the characters/ships? That’s the whole point to this game in the end

    There is no one point to the game. People can focus on whatever they want.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • JDIII
    1190 posts Member
    @TVF The whole point is to build up your collection. That’s why we do everything in this game, to unlock more characters and gear. That’s what all the missions are for. Collecting and building a roster.
  • TVF
    14279 posts Member
    JDIII wrote: »
    TVF The whole point is to build up your collection. That’s why we do everything in this game, to unlock more characters and gear. That’s what all the missions are for. Collecting and building a roster.

    That's how you see the game. Some people want to dominate arena(s) and have no need for completion. Some want to collect everything. Some want to dominate GAC. Some raids. Some everything. There's no right or wrong way to play. Your way is one way and there are many others.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    JDIII wrote: »
    TVF The whole point is to build up your collection. That’s why we do everything in this game, to unlock more characters and gear. That’s what all the missions are for. Collecting and building a roster.

    That's how you see the game. Some people want to dominate arena(s) and have no need for completion. Some want to collect everything. Some want to dominate GAC. Some raids. Some everything. There's no right or wrong way to play. Your way is one way and there are many others.

    And some just want to come as close as possible to making a digital Jawa Barbie house.
  • Fauztin
    1238 posts Moderator
    Fauztin wrote: »
    Edit: my memory instantly corrected me - Ewok AT-ST and NSs events that reward Wicket and MT shards switch to zeta rewards.

    The difference is with those events you do each type once where this event you can do both at the higher tier.

    @Bevel_Lemelisk , good point! I forgot those were different, not sharing the completion tally. I forget the actual term used for that distinction, I vaguely remember the different types being labeled a while back (compared to the other NS ascent that rewards Zombie/Spirit shards, where the higher tier definitively rewards more than the lower one, and they share the completion tally).
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Fixer
    103 posts Member
    I genuinely thought Reys falcon shard was there for show I'm yet to get that dropped ever in all my attempts I've lost count of how many times I've been given the other ones and not seen any progress towards unlocking reys falcon
  • Fixer wrote: »
    I genuinely thought Reys falcon shard was there for show I'm yet to get that dropped ever in all my attempts I've lost count of how many times I've been given the other ones and not seen any progress towards unlocking reys falcon

    they are there it is the luck of the RNG. i went 6 months without getting a Rey Falcon shard (which should be Chewie's Falcon not Rey's) until I finally got the last 5 I needed to 7* it. Just like in the empire event I have not got any ships but Vader and TIE shards since January when I used to get TIE Reaper shards quite often. I have even checked with Guild mates and they have not seen them either. Now part of the fact may be because we only get the events for 1 day not 2 so the odds of getting them are cut in half. Or I can start some rumor and accuse CG of rigging the odds so common toons and ships that everyone has come up more often then the ones people may still be farming.

  • (which should be Chewie's Falcon not Rey's)
    It's a thoroughly illegal smuggling ship.

    Over the course of the movie, it starts out as Unkar Plutt's Falcon. Rey steals it and it becomes Rey's Falcon. It gets back to Han and becomes Han's Falcon. Then Han dies and it might become Chewie's Falcon. And that's reducing things down.

    Theft is a valid way to claim the Falcon. It's not an aboveboard ship. Han got it in an illegal hand of poker.

    Units are generally snapshots. There are multiple valid snapshots to take. Is that the Falcon while it's sitting in Plutt's lot? Is it the Falcon during the Starkiller raid? Is it the Falcon at the end of the movie?

    No. It's the Falcon during the TIE Fighter chase scene and the escape from Jakku, where Rey and Finn are piloting it.

    Even once Han dies, we have limited information to go off of for rightful ownership, and it hasn't been explicitly stated in canon yet. The Falcon wasn't in Han's custody before the movie. It was in Plutt's, then it was stolen, so it would be reasonable to say rightful ownership reverts to Plutt. The transfer from Lando to Han could have been illegal, leaving legal claim on the Falcon to Lando, with all subsequent transfers of ownership are illegal. If Han left the Falcon to anyone in his will, it would probably be Chewie, and Chewie has the most personal investment in he ship, but that's not the same as legal claim. However, Han regained the Falcon shortly before his death. The Falcon may well have not been part of his will, if he had one, in which case it would go to his next of kin. If he and Leia are merely separated, rather than married, that would be Leia, which begs the question of whether she gifts it to Chewie or declares it a Resistance ship in her name and lets Chewie use it for Resistance business. If Leia and Han are divorced, then Han's next of kin would be Kylo Ren and the Falcon would be his ship.

    So, at the end of Episode VII, it could be Unkar Plutt's Falcon, Lando's Falcon, Chewie's Falcon, Leia's Falcon, or Kylo's Falcon.

    However, from a gameplay perspective, having Kylo's Falcon piloted by Rey and Finn is weird and confusing, and it's much more user-friendly to say it's the Falcon in the scene where Rey stole it and call it Rey's Falcon.
    Still not a he.
  • TVF
    14279 posts Member
    I skimmed this, saw Kylo's Falcon, and got very confused.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    (which should be Chewie's Falcon not Rey's)
    Han got it in an illegal hand of poker.

    How do you know the hand was illegal? Could have been a fully sanctioned card room.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    (which should be Chewie's Falcon not Rey's)
    It's a thoroughly illegal smuggling ship.

    So, at the end of Episode VII, it could be Unkar Plutt's Falcon, Lando's Falcon, Chewie's Falcon, Leia's Falcon, or Kylo's Falcon.

    Wrong! It's mine, all three versions!
    Officer of recruiting for Ewoks Fit In Blenders. Traya & Negotiator on farm. 4 spots open, ask me for an invite.
  • MilMuertes wrote: »
    How do you know the hand was illegal? Could have been a fully sanctioned card room.
    That was not a fully sanctioned kind of crowd. That was a, "Just the wrong side of the law as a matter of reputation," kind of crowd.
    Still not a he.
  • Psycosaltine
    376 posts Member
    edited August 13
    It was sabacc(not 100% on the spelling) not poker. Sorry had to nerd out there

    Edit: googled it and my spelling is correct. One of the few times sounding it out worked for a starwars name
  • Fauztin
    1238 posts Moderator
    Sabac... what happened to good ol’ fashioned, classic Pazaak???

    More to the point, I think @YaeVizsla is spot on, the context is up for interpretation 🤷‍♂️
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • VonZant
    3702 posts Member
    edited August 13
    Fauztin wrote: »
    Sabac... what happened to good ol’ fashioned, classic Pazaak???

    More to the point, I think @YaeVizsla is spot on, the context is up for interpretation 🤷‍♂️

    1. A fake ship was wagered by Solo in the initial card game, where Lando pulled a card from his sleeves, and then ship was stolen from impound. 2. Ship was loaded with stolen fuel that was stole from the Pike crime family. 3. Ship was Hired by Darth Maul crime syndicate, carrying wanted smuggler Beckett, Crimson Dawn Crime lord Qira, and three wanted fugitives (Han and Chewie and Lando) and a droid that incited rebellion. 4. Ship ran imperial Blockade. 5. In final Solo card game, Cards were pulled from sleeves (before the game so they couldnt be pulled from sleeves during the game).

    And all that happened just in Solo - doesnt even count EP IV +.

    I'm not sure why kind of interpretation you would use, but there is nothing in the known Falcon history that would pass as a "legit" transaction. ;)
  • Fauztin
    1238 posts Moderator
    @VonZant , I’m familiar with the movie and order of events. That doesn’t really have to do with the entire history length of possession that @YaeVizsla recounted, which I agreed with that there are many interpretations of who might own “ethical ownership” over. Since you’re right, there hasn’t been much legality/legitimacy 😂
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Liath
    4171 posts Member
    thatguy181 wrote: »
    Vinniarth wrote: »
    thatguy181 wrote: »
    JDIII wrote: »
    @thatguy181 don’t you collect all the characters/ships? That’s the whole point to this game in the end

    When they're completely irrelevant, no I don't.
    you never know when you’ll need them. Besides, there are TB platoons...

    Aside from Rey's Falcon which has a small chance of becoming meta with Episode 9 love we're bound to receive near the end of the year, I doubt it.

    Potentially needing something isn't just about it becoming meta. Legendary/journey events, TB missions, raids, etc., often appear to make something important that wasn't before. Suddenly requiring things that previously had little use is pretty much the game's MO.
  • This is a great thread that I thoroughly enjoyed reading. Thanks thatguy and yaevizla.

    Oh, and I do the second to top tier because shard shop. Rey's Falcon is an occasional bonus, but I'm in no hurry on that. If I was, I'd farm the node.
Sign In or Register to comment.