Revan since October

We’re coming up on 11months of a complete revan dominated meta I feel like it should be more teams than just the 2. It’s just boring Ik it’s always like this. But it’s not competitive at all

Replies

  • Nihion
    2070 posts Member
    Lol what about GG and Padmé? I know they aren’t top of the top, but they hold. I don’t have any JKR any more, it’s all DR. And the best ones have Malak. What concerns me is all the JKR down at 500 that will probably never go away. (I like running FO, but the Revans have pushed me back to the irrelevant section lol)
  • Ultra
    3403 posts Member
    We had some odd counters to the meta such as the short sprint of high tenacity Traya + Nest teams, Rebels with Chewbacca and Finn with C3PO + Rebels in the middle to temporarily shake up the meta

    We have Padme and GG teams that can compete with Darth Revan. We have alternative teams but they don't hold as well on defense as Darth Revan does
  • SemiGod
    849 posts Member
    Everyone knows this
  • Vendi1983
    3182 posts Member
    edited August 10
    @Nihion same reason I finally, after over a year of running FO and holding between 200-75, I dumped 'em and switched to CLS Rebels + Thrawn. I can still only hold 201+ now, but after the second Revan event I was dropping below 500 with FO.

    I figure with the gear and mods to have C3PO G12, double Zeta, and +130 speed I should climb to sub-200 again when his next event comes.

    I've fought a few Drevan teams and as long as I get the jump on Drevan speed-wise it's usually an easy win. Granted they're only G11 or less Malaks or Thrawn instead of Malak.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    We had some odd counters to the meta such as the short sprint of high tenacity Traya + Nest teams, Rebels with Chewbacca and Finn with C3PO + Rebels in the middle to temporarily shake up the meta

    We have Padme and GG teams that can compete with Darth Revan. We have alternative teams but they don't hold as well on defense as Darth Revan does

    Odd counters don’t matter it’s about the top of the top. The competition from 1-50 is mods, 50-100ish is gear. 100-500+ is JKR
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    @Nihion same reason I finally, after over a year of running FO and holding between 200-75, I dumped 'em and switched to CLS Rebels + Thrawn. I can still only hold 201+ now, but after the second Revan event I was dropping below 500 with FO.

    I figure with the gear and mods to have C3PO G12, double Zeta, and +130 speed I should climb to sub-200 again when his next event comes.

    I've fought a few Drevan teams and as long as I get the jump on Drevan speed-wise it's usually an easy win. Granted they're only G11 or less Malaks or Thrawn instead of Malak.

    Why dont you just invest in revan?

    It's the smartest thing to do.
  • Nihion
    2070 posts Member
    X3333333 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    We had some odd counters to the meta such as the short sprint of high tenacity Traya + Nest teams, Rebels with Chewbacca and Finn with C3PO + Rebels in the middle to temporarily shake up the meta

    We have Padme and GG teams that can compete with Darth Revan. We have alternative teams but they don't hold as well on defense as Darth Revan does

    Odd counters don’t matter it’s about the top of the top. The competition from 1-50 is mods, 50-100ish is gear. 100-500+ is JKR

    They do matter when people were running them. Best in my shard is running DR, Malak, BSF, GMY, and G12 Sith Trooper. They are beating G13 DR/Malak teams. Second spot has consistently been an IG88 lead G13 GG team. It’s REALLY good, and I think the meta will start shifting that way.
  • Nihion
    2070 posts Member
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    @Nihion same reason I finally, after over a year of running FO and holding between 200-75, I dumped 'em and switched to CLS Rebels + Thrawn. I can still only hold 201+ now, but after the second Revan event I was dropping below 500 with FO.

    I figure with the gear and mods to have C3PO G12, double Zeta, and +130 speed I should climb to sub-200 again when his next event comes.

    I've fought a few Drevan teams and as long as I get the jump on Drevan speed-wise it's usually an easy win. Granted they're only G11 or less Malaks or Thrawn instead of Malak.

    I’m just now building my C3PO rebel team. I’ve never been good at arena, but getting Padmé and a good CLS is giving me hope.
  • I hope the GG squad doesn't become meta, I hate the fact that you can't farm GG shards. It's ridiculous how much shard shop currency you need to buy the shards, I spend my currency's on gear for my other toons. I'm holding in the 20s with my Drevan squad and anxiously waiting for Malak so I can be stronger, not going to save up for GG unless necessary.
  • That's another option, guess I could quit buying zetas for a bit and buy GG shards.
  • X3333333 wrote: »
    I hope the GG squad doesn't become meta, I hate the fact that you can't farm GG shards. It's ridiculous how much shard shop currency you need to buy the shards, I spend my currency's on gear for my other toons. I'm holding in the 20s with my Drevan squad and anxiously waiting for Malak so I can be stronger, not going to save up for GG unless necessary.

    I got him exclusively from fleet

    I managed to pull 15 shards in one day.

    I don't if Johnny is a new player or...
  • I'm on my 4th year playing and the guild leader, wasn't really interested in GG until the rework. I buy strictly zetas from the fleet store, usually don't look to see what else is there to buy
  • X3333333 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    We had some odd counters to the meta such as the short sprint of high tenacity Traya + Nest teams, Rebels with Chewbacca and Finn with C3PO + Rebels in the middle to temporarily shake up the meta

    We have Padme and GG teams that can compete with Darth Revan. We have alternative teams but they don't hold as well on defense as Darth Revan does

    Odd counters don’t matter it’s about the top of the top. The competition from 1-50 is mods, 50-100ish is gear. 100-500+ is JKR

    Prior to g13 I'd agree but since then it's changed. I don't have malak but since I have the best mods in my shard I could counter g12. G13 has made it currently impossible to break into top 10.
  • That's another option, guess I could quit buying zetas for a bit and buy GG shards.

    Do it. He shows up so rarely it won’t hurt your zetas much
  • ^ 100%. I've been checking stores each refresh for weeks because I'm farming Logray. The entire duration of the Padme event Grievous showed up in my fleet store 2x.
  • Even farming GG from 0-330 shards exclusively from fleet store you're only missing out on buying 13.5 (14) zeta mats. Sure it's a decent amount but not even a full zeta and as noted he shows up pretty rarely so it's unlikely to slow you down very noticeably. And then you'll have one if the game's current best toons.

    Personally I have boycotted both Revans and most of their friends out of principle, invested heavily in Sep droids and Padme as soon as possible ftp, and am extremely happy with the current arena situation. I am now climbing to top 50 using GG vs. JKR, Padme vs. DR (no malaks until about top 15), CLS vs. Traya and CLS, and Traya vs. Padme. If that's not a diverse meta I don't know what is
  • Even farming GG from 0-330 shards exclusively from fleet store you're only missing out on buying 13.5 (14) zeta mats. Sure it's a decent amount but not even a full zeta and as noted he shows up pretty rarely so it's unlikely to slow you down very noticeably. And then you'll have one if the game's current best toons.

    Personally I have boycotted both Revans and most of their friends out of principle, invested heavily in Sep droids and Padme as soon as possible ftp, and am extremely happy with the current arena situation. I am now climbing to top 50 using GG vs. JKR, Padme vs. DR (no malaks until about top 15), CLS vs. Traya and CLS, and Traya vs. Padme. If that's not a diverse meta I don't know what is

    Love to be on your arena shard. Top 150 are DR and Malaks. The top 50 and a bit are solid g13 squads too. The diversity you talk about is a fantasy from January on my shard.
  • X3333333 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    We had some odd counters to the meta such as the short sprint of high tenacity Traya + Nest teams, Rebels with Chewbacca and Finn with C3PO + Rebels in the middle to temporarily shake up the meta

    We have Padme and GG teams that can compete with Darth Revan. We have alternative teams but they don't hold as well on defense as Darth Revan does

    Odd counters don’t matter it’s about the top of the top. The competition from 1-50 is mods, 50-100ish is gear. 100-500+ is JKR

    Prior to g13 I'd agree but since then it's changed. I don't have malak but since I have the best mods in my shard I could counter g12. G13 has made it currently impossible to break into top 10.

    Have you tried dr, Badstilla, hk, gmy, and thrawn/brood alpha. I can beat full g13 malak teams with that combo. I use thrawn if their dr is slower and brood if their dr is faster since the pretaunt is needed.

    I take first everyday with that. So malak is not necessary.
Sign In or Register to comment.