Fleet Arena Diversity and Malevolence update

Deadp00lTV
28 posts Member
edited August 13
Anyone else tired of this RNG Falcon assist meta? Fleet Arena is probably the most FTP friendly mode since now anyone and their mother can take the number one spot if they have HMF. As far as the Malevolence goes, hopefully we'll be getting news soon "TM" about how we are able to access it. How it's accessed will probably determine how most of us are going to be spending our MK II Guild Event tokens. I personally plan on unlocking the Negotiator as soon as I know that Malevolence isn't unlocked in the same fashion. What are your thoughts as to the future for ships, and which Capital ship will you be unlocking next?
Post edited by Fauztin on

Replies

  • Kyno
    22131 posts Moderator
    Judging from the Hoth TB, I am betting that both ships will be GET2.
  • SemiGod
    1925 posts Member
    Deadp00lTV wrote: »
    Anyone else tired of this RNG Falcon assist meta? Fleet Arena is probably the most FTP friendly mode since now anyone and their mother can take the number one spot if they have Han's ****. As far as the Malevolence goes, hopefully we'll be getting news soon "TM" about how we are able to access it. How it's accessed will probably determine how most of us are going to be spending our MK II Guild Event tokens. I personally plan on unlocking the Negotiator as soon as I know that Malevolence isn't unlocked in the same fashion. What are your thoughts as to the future for ships, and which Capital ship will you be unlocking next?

    Well Grievous's ship seems wayyyyy stronger than GK's but that may just be because of the Marquee.
  • Dk_rek
    3238 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Judging from the Hoth TB, I am betting that both ships will be GET2.

    Other than devs saying nothing else besides GK was going to GET2 i will take any inside info you got
  • TVF
    17961 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Judging from the Hoth TB, I am betting that both ships will be GET2.

    Other than devs saying nothing else besides GK was going to GET2 i will take any inside info you got

    Where did they say that?
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Yeah it does seem way stronger, however I'm curious to see how the Negotiator reacts with the "Republic Determination" and 3 Jedi starfighters. 20% increase per each jedi starfighter with Valor is a decent amount of damage to start out the gate.

  • Kokie
    1222 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Judging from the Hoth TB, I am betting that both ships will be GET2.

    Other than devs saying nothing else besides GK was going to GET2 i will take any inside info you got

    Where did they say that?

    Right next to the 50 free daily login kyros....
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Judging from the Hoth TB, I am betting that both ships will be GET2.

    Other than devs saying nothing else besides GK was going to GET2 i will take any inside info you got

    I think you're confusing get2 with gac store. They said they have no plans to add any shards to gac but said nothing about get2
  • Dk_rek
    3238 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Judging from the Hoth TB, I am betting that both ships will be GET2.

    Other than devs saying nothing else besides GK was going to GET2 i will take any inside info you got

    I think you're confusing get2 with gac store. They said they have no plans to add any shards to gac but said nothing about get2

    I believe you to be correct sir... That said they said putting Neg in GAC 2 store was a very hard decision and while that could be lip service it also means there is a chance the data they get back from it being there will lean towards not putting anything else in there..

    That said putting odds of GK/NEG needed for LS TB special mission even the people who hate ships are saving/farming the ship. I would literally be surprised if less than 95% of the the entire playerbase completing Geo TB have actually spent any GAC 2 yet (the other 5% being impulse buys on that gear your 3 away from completing)

    Then again if that's slowing people gearing and progressing (which is a stated goal.....maybe they will never stop putting toons in there)


    GAC store (4 uses once a month or bi monthly)
    GET2 store (no uses for 8-16 months) then again (no uses for 8-16 months)

    Glad those 2 stores are there, new and fun to look at, but depressing at the same time
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Judging from the Hoth TB, I am betting that both ships will be GET2.

    Other than devs saying nothing else besides GK was going to GET2 i will take any inside info you got

    I think you're confusing get2 with gac store. They said they have no plans to add any shards to gac but said nothing about get2

    I believe you to be correct sir... That said they said putting Neg in GAC 2 store was a very hard decision and while that could be lip service it also means there is a chance the data they get back from it being there will lean towards not putting anything else in there..

    That said putting odds of GK/NEG needed for LS TB special mission even the people who hate ships are saving/farming the ship. I would literally be surprised if less than 95% of the the entire playerbase completing Geo TB have actually spent any GAC 2 yet (the other 5% being impulse buys on that gear your 3 away from completing)

    Then again if that's slowing people gearing and progressing (which is a stated goal.....maybe they will never stop putting toons in there)


    GAC store (4 uses once a month or bi monthly)
    GET2 store (no uses for 8-16 months) then again (no uses for 8-16 months)

    Glad those 2 stores are there, new and fun to look at, but depressing at the same time

    They will deffinantly add something with light side.

    As far as not spending goes, i figure more gear means more stars, and a faster unlock down the road. My guild has a few people saving for negotiator, but id rather push for more stars.
  • My money is on a Legendary event for Malevolence. Adding another super long grind would cause uproar. Also, GR had their legendary event, and it only makes sense for Separatists to get one also. I'm almost done farming the GR ships and gearing the pilots in preparation for that eventuality. Besides it's almost about time for a new legendary, and they hinted at a new hard event that they had ready for us around the same time they showed off the Malevolence.
  • I think it’s legendary too.
  • Nauros
    3022 posts Member
    My money is on a Legendary event for Malevolence. Adding another super long grind would cause uproar. Also, GR had their legendary event, and it only makes sense for Separatists to get one also. I'm almost done farming the GR ships and gearing the pilots in preparation for that eventuality. Besides it's almost about time for a new legendary, and they hinted at a new hard event that they had ready for us around the same time they showed off the Malevolence.

    They said that they are working on a new Malak-style event, not sure about any others. I certainly hope they didn't mean the Malevolence with that...
    Revive the stores, the game needs it.
  • Dk_rek
    3238 posts Member
    edited August 13
    I think it’s legendary too.

    5 G13 republic ships required oh yeah

    You as mace vs AI GG.....

    I DO see thousands upon thousands upon thousands of restarts... for 5*... lol would be epic if they made you G13 mace to beat the event... oh the rage that will be posted lol
  • Nauros
    3022 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    I think it’s legendary too.

    5 G13 republic ships required oh yeah

    You as mace vs AI GG.....

    I DO see thousands upon thousands upon thousands of restarts... for 5*... lol would be epic if they made you G13 mace to beat the event... oh the rage that will be posted lol

    With Mace rework seeming quite probable in the near future, getting him to G13 is at least a reasonable gamble, if not outright good decision.
    Revive the stores, the game needs it.
  • I can see maybe having to win two battles (like the malak event), one with Mace capital ship and one with the Negotiator
  • SemiGod wrote: »
    Deadp00lTV wrote: »
    Anyone else tired of this RNG Falcon assist meta? Fleet Arena is probably the most FTP friendly mode since now anyone and their mother can take the number one spot if they have Han's ****. As far as the Malevolence goes, hopefully we'll be getting news soon "TM" about how we are able to access it. How it's accessed will probably determine how most of us are going to be spending our MK II Guild Event tokens. I personally plan on unlocking the Negotiator as soon as I know that Malevolence isn't unlocked in the same fashion. What are your thoughts as to the future for ships, and which Capital ship will you be unlocking next?

    Well Grievous's ship seems wayyyyy stronger than GK's but that may just be because of the Marquee.

    only 1 ship to go with it. This is the elephant in the room. More capital ships are dumb without lots of regular ships to go with them. They need to release 2 new ships a month for the next year, and then maybe fleets will be fun... Maybe...
  • I've made the decision to just punch myself in the face every night at 8pm than deal with this nonsense anymore. 👊
Sign In or Register to comment.