Gold limit

13Next

Replies

• Options
    Yep I understand and agree. So when I need to upgrade my next project my tangible resources can be put to use. Game on!
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    haysswa1 wrote: »
    Why not? Everybody plays this game differently. I understand the concept of getting better mods I just don't feel compelled to. I get the enjoyment I'm seeking out of my current mod sets. what good would the rest of my roster sitting at level 85 gear tier 1 do me? I can only gear 1 to 2 at a time anyway. I'm not competitive and not in a competitive guild and do pretty well in those guild activities. Don't really care for ga, gac or any of the arenas. If the situation was different yeah, I'd have to constantly scrounge for the better mods.
    But getting better mods than I currently have isn't a high priority with how I play.

I guess my thought is people play with the understanding they want to improve their characters and success in the game. Increasing thr size of your credit currency is counterintuitive to that goal.

Only if that's what you want out of the game. Improving chars and success is determined by the individual. Myself, I feel my roster is very much improved and have plenty of success within my own account. But that's what I want from my gaming experience and am satisfied with what my chars can or can't accomplish. But, I can no more expect someone to play like me or question why someone would want to chase their tails hunting the white rabbit when it's exhausting.
    I'm at a little over 4.1milgp and been playing since Dec of '15. Been with my current guild about 2 and a half years. We're a very casual guild with little intraguild competition. Hpit is on sim, I have chars needed to solo haat and could place 1st in hstr if I wanted but don't since I 7* traya mths ago. Even then I still place top 5 in it with only 2 attacks averaging around 16mil total. If that gives you an idea about how low the competition is.
    I'm not into ga,gac,tw or arenas so within my own gaming style I feel very successful with my current mods and such.
    But the outsider looking in may very well say my stats aren't up to par and I'm fine with that.
    Feel free to check out my stats on swgoh.gg under haysswa 426 288 817
    It's all good and game on!

To be clear, I don't doubt that there are players who aren't as interested in competition and enjoy the playing the game at their own pace. In fact, if it makes the person happy, that's great and I'm all for it.

However, at the end of the day grinding for characters with resources is the name of the game.Using credits improves characters and saving, has no tangible benefit.

Saving (of many things, not just credits) has immense tangible benefit.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Liath wrote: »
    Why not? Everybody plays this game differently. I understand the concept of getting better mods I just don't feel compelled to. I get the enjoyment I'm seeking out of my current mod sets. what good would the rest of my roster sitting at level 85 gear tier 1 do me? I can only gear 1 to 2 at a time anyway. I'm not competitive and not in a competitive guild and do pretty well in those guild activities. Don't really care for ga, gac or any of the arenas. If the situation was different yeah, I'd have to constantly scrounge for the better mods.
    But getting better mods than I currently have isn't a high priority with how I play.

I guess my thought is people play with the understanding they want to improve their characters and success in the game. Increasing thr size of your credit currency is counterintuitive to that goal.

Only if that's what you want out of the game. Improving chars and success is determined by the individual. Myself, I feel my roster is very much improved and have plenty of success within my own account. But that's what I want from my gaming experience and am satisfied with what my chars can or can't accomplish. But, I can no more expect someone to play like me or question why someone would want to chase their tails hunting the white rabbit when it's exhausting.
    I'm at a little over 4.1milgp and been playing since Dec of '15. Been with my current guild about 2 and a half years. We're a very casual guild with little intraguild competition. Hpit is on sim, I have chars needed to solo haat and could place 1st in hstr if I wanted but don't since I 7* traya mths ago. Even then I still place top 5 in it with only 2 attacks averaging around 16mil total. If that gives you an idea about how low the competition is.
    I'm not into ga,gac,tw or arenas so within my own gaming style I feel very successful with my current mods and such.
    But the outsider looking in may very well say my stats aren't up to par and I'm fine with that.

To be clear, I don't doubt that there are players who aren't as interested in competition and enjoy the playing the game at their own pace. In fact, if it makes the person happy, that's great and I'm all for it.

However, at the end of the day grinding for characters with resources is the name of the game.Using credits improves characters and saving, has no tangible benefit.

Well, a good thing I'm talking credits and not gear. Saving 100s millions of credits is just being a hoarder.

I'm well aware saving resources is important, it's a resource management game. Keep in mind, I was able to get Malak first go around without spending due saving "some" resources.

So you agree that saving has a tangible benefit and you just have a different threshold for how much of a particular resource should be saved than other people do. Nothing objective about that, everybody will have a different opinion of where that point lies and each person should do what he thinks is best.
  • Options
    Credits aren't the limiting factor for mods. I get more credits than I get mods or slicing materials for farming. So they build up. There is a tangible benefit though. I always have enough credits to level any mods I have, level good characters (took malak immediately to 85 and had no worries), and buy any amazing mods I see in the shop.

I'd have to spend crystals to make my credits go out faster on mods and the very tangible benefit of having a stash for the next meta is why I don't do that.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

Well, a good thing I'm talking credits and not gear. Saving 100s millions of credits is just being a hoarder.

I'm well aware saving resources is important, it's a resource management game. Keep in mind, I was able to get Malak first go around without spending due saving "some" resources.

So you agree that saving has a tangible benefit and you just have a different threshold for how much of a particular resource should be saved than other people do. Nothing objective about that, everybody will have a different opinion of where that point lies and each person should do what he thinks is best.

Have you seen the show "Hoarders"? They have a different threshold as well. Are they wrong? Not neccesarily, short of creating a dangerous living situation. However they are certainly beyond the limits of societal norms. Often times psychiatrists are brought in for consultation.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

For the sake if this thread, I'm discussing CREDITS. Maybe if I say "gold" people will focus in the specific resource in question for hoarding?

My point is just as true about credits as about any other resource. You agree that saving some credits is a good thing to do. You just have a different opinion about how much that "some" should be than other people in this thread. It's possible to go too far on both ends of the spectrum, but that doesn't turn your personal threshold into some objectively correct number.