Phoenix OP

jefffogel1974
5 posts Member
edited August 2019
Seriously EA fix the Phoenix heroes because they are way OP over any other player. I was doing a galaxy battle and had Vader, Bobafett, Royal Guard, Luminara Unduli and Talia all purple gear, all 5 star+ and literally defeated 3 of the 5 regular characters no problem but last two were 4 star Ezra Bridger and 4 star Zeb both blue gear and they dominated all 5 of my guys and constantly gained health every time I attacked them even without buffs or negative buffs. They are way OP and need to be fixed. 5 guys vs 2 and I was dominated like my dudes were level 1's. Other than Phoenix being way OP the game is awesome and one of my favs but if they arent fixed soon I will find something else to entertain me.
Post edited by Fauztin on

Replies

• Options
    Leadership ability and faction synergy are important. If you pair your Vader and RG with a full Empire team, especially one with Palpatine or Thrawn lead, you can walk all over a Phoenix squad. Incidentally, both legendary Empire characters can be unlocked with Phoenix, which is why most players farm them from the very beginning.
  • Ruark_Icefire
    856 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Phoenix are actually not very good past the early game. I wouldn't invest too much into them. You mainly just want to get them to gear lvl 8 or 9 so you can unlock Thrawn and Palpatine. Once you get Emporer Palpatine you can make an empire team that will slaughter those Phoenix teams.
  • Options
    Once you level and gear your characters up, Phoenix are not the toughest kids on the block. Wedge, Biggs, Baze, Chirut, and Lando chew through them. But that’s old meta, and Baze and Chirut are part of Rogue One which are probably lame to you.

Aim for Commander Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Chewie, R2 and C3PO. You can mow down a lot with those traditional characters and use traditional characters to earn all of them. Have fun gaming and broadening your knowledge of the Star Wars universe.
  • NgH
    59 posts Member
    Options
    Another good use for Phoenix in early gameplay is in Galactic War.
  • Options
    Yes synergy within a team is very important in this game. Feeding off of uniques and leader abilities will take you a long way.
  • Options
    Also?

Don't let people put you off farming Phoenix to relatively high gear tiers. It takes a lot of work, but a g11 Phoenix squad makes their ships fantastic - two of the best ships you can get, even at the end game. The down side is that you need to gear 3 toons per ship. It's a lot of resources, but it's MUCH easier to dominate fleet than it is to dominate the Squad Arena.

Phoenix + Bounty Hunters (which then gets you Han's Falcon) should be your early ship priorities, and that of course influences your early toon priorities.

I don't want to play the game for you, and you're free to leave Phoenix at g8 if you like, (and all the advice above about matching 5 toons from the same faction or that benefit from the same leadership ability is still important) but g10-11 Phoenix in the mid-game and g11-12 Phoenix in the end game will help a lot in Fleet, and that will get you an amazing number of crystals for use in all the other areas of the game.

Lesson: Just because a toon isn't a great toon on its own, doesn't mean it can't be a great toon either with the right leader or when piloting the right ship.
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    Options
    Phoenix is a key component early game. Gets Thrawn (and EP), to get R2, to get CLS, required in LS Hoth TB, great for early game arena climbing (I even saw one in the top 50 of my shard when EP/Vader got their rework and contended in the Rock Paper Scissors meta with Bastilla and JTR leads), as well as GW purposes until you can sim it. That’s all not even including their ships, Ghost and Phantom II, which are a strong part of the HMF meta (for now). Phoenix is awesome.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Options
    What @MasterSeedy said @jefffogel1974 a G12 Phoenix team on defense in GAC pretty much guarantees that your opponent will need to burn 1 of their meta teams to beat it. That would also give you great ghost and phantom ships
  • Options
    I never have liked Rebels (the show where Phoenix comes from) so I’ve never bothered gearing them to where they need to be to get Thrawn at 7 stars

Their main weakness is damage output. Other than Ezra, they hit like wet noodles
  • Options
    Also?

Don't let people put you off farming Phoenix to relatively high gear tiers. It takes a lot of work, but a g11 Phoenix squad makes their ships fantastic - two of the best ships you can get, even at the end game. The down side is that you need to gear 3 toons per ship. It's a lot of resources, but it's MUCH easier to dominate fleet than it is to dominate the Squad Arena.

Phoenix + Bounty Hunters (which then gets you Han's Falcon) should be your early ship priorities, and that of course influences your early toon priorities.

I don't want to play the game for you, and you're free to leave Phoenix at g8 if you like, (and all the advice above about matching 5 toons from the same faction or that benefit from the same leadership ability is still important) but g10-11 Phoenix in the mid-game and g11-12 Phoenix in the end game will help a lot in Fleet, and that will get you an amazing number of crystals for use in all the other areas of the game.

Lesson: Just because a toon isn't a great toon on its own, doesn't mean it can't be a great toon either with the right leader or when piloting the right ship.

Not until people unlock the Negotiator and Malevolence.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    What MasterSeedy said jefffogel1974 a G12 Phoenix team on defense in GAC pretty much guarantees that your opponent will need to burn 1 of their meta teams to beat it.

What.
    That would also give you great ghost and phantom ships

This I can agree with.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Dinotank46
    553 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    If you're going to use that team put boba in the leader spot he gives extra Crit chance and damage to your whole team
    This is... SPARTAAAAAAA
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    What MasterSeedy said jefffogel1974 a G12 Phoenix team on defense in GAC pretty much guarantees that your opponent will need to burn 1 of their meta teams to beat it. That would also give you great ghost and phantom ships
    ....or just send in Rex/Wampa and get 60+ points. Bastilla/Wampa is even more fun.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Star Wars Rebels (the lame cartoon) takes some getting used to, and more than a little willingness to experience some childish situations but once you get past that, the last couple of seasons are pretty good. Ezra in particular has an interesting character arc.
    I never would have watched the series if not for this game ... You might like it. Never know.
    Gamewise, yeah you are going to need them if you want poppa Palpatine, and who doesn't?
  • Options
    Their main weakness is damage output. Other than Ezra, they hit like wet noodles

Sabine hits pretty hard, especially with her zeta. And once you stack up a couple of Armour Shreds through her Saber Strike ability, it allows some of the weaker Phoenixes to get some adequate damage.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Options
    I remember in the first couple months of playing, phoenix teams dominated my teams both in PVP and PVE; every squad arena match was phoenix squad.

Once I hit around level 60-70, literally nobody used phoenix. The phoenix teams I did find, were easily taken down by my Wiggs combo along with Boba +Old ben both having ability block and Old ben being able to remove TM (Which phoenix have a lot of)
  • Options

Sabine hits pretty hard, especially with her zeta. And once you stack up a couple of Armour Shreds through her Saber Strike ability, it allows some of the weaker Phoenixes to get some adequate damage.

Zeta Zeb hits really hard as well with his special
  • Options
    The Phoenix squad is in no way overpowered. Past level 75/80 they have no use except Thrawn, and maybe a semi good GAC and TW squad past early midgame.
  • Options
    You guys miss a lot when you ignore "Rebels" and just think of it as a "lame cartoon". It starts a little slow (and sometimes childish) in the first season, but the same is true for the beginning of "The Clone Wars". The 3rd and 4th season are great, Dave Filoni (who also worked on Clone Wars) is an incredible story teller and he really pays tribute to Thrawn's character from the original books.
  • Options
    Trust me Jeff early on they are the most OP piece of crap ever. But eventually they fall off when you get actually decent teams. Heck in high end guilds placing anything less then g12 zeta pheonix is a no no. Cause there are a few that can just solo the entire team
  • Options
    If you can't beat 'em...get 'em and get yourself Thrawn and Palpatine and LSTB specials and secrets & shadows tiers....and an annoying back territory squad for TW and GA when your opponent used their EP or others on your front territories
  • Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Phoenix are relevant in all areas of the game and as stated for special characters. Get them star them up, gear them up, do the same for their ships. Due to this diversity, I’d say they provide the best return on investment light side. OG rebels will eventually, too, but they are money-makers that aren’t completely milked yet
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options

Zeta Zeb hits really hard as well with his special

I swear I recall recently a Totally Verified Forum personality telling me a phoenix team killed his attempt to solo them with Nest when Zeb hit her for 60k.

May be misremembering.