What do you think is next?

SemiGod
3001 posts Member
edited August 2019
What do you guys think will be added next?

The only information we have ATM is clone reworks and another paywall in terms of "Iconic Items".

Besides those, let me know.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Boros
    507 posts Member
    Options
    SemiGod wrote: »

The only information we have ATM is clone reworks and another paywall in terms of "Iconic Items".

Tier 6 challenges which give us stun cuffs, stun guns and a guaranteed omega per try of the challenge
  • Options
    Nihion wrote: »
    This is not a theory. Clickbait.

It's a question about what is next.

I have a hunch that the next "epic confrontation" will be a Palatine tie in. You have the Padme+Anakin connection on the lightside where he is a senator, mixed with the dark site traits of Dooku, GG, etc. (Unlock could be chancellor palpatine or Vader's helmet/Saber)

Secondly, you can extrapolate that to the episode 9 trailer as well. Could be a KoR+FO vs. JKR/Leia Squad to unlock whatever the villian is in that movie. They both make sense, both could be the same unlock. (Old man palpatine for episode 9 or whatever his epic item would be)
  • Options
    It's going to be Harkin and Darth zash meta with ability to body swap. And an ability of taunting by being a complete blank.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Snoke epic event were we need rose, holdo and jtr and some new whale characters
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    nabokovfan wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    This is not a theory. Clickbait.

It's a question about what is next.

I have a hunch that the next "epic confrontation" will be a Palatine tie in. You have the Padme+Anakin connection on the lightside where he is a senator, mixed with the dark site traits of Dooku, GG, etc. (Unlock could be chancellor palpatine or Vader's helmet/Saber)

Secondly, you can extrapolate that to the episode 9 trailer as well. Could be a KoR+FO vs. JKR/Leia Squad to unlock whatever the villian is in that movie. They both make sense, both could be the same unlock. (Old man palpatine for episode 9 or whatever his epic item would be)

It was a joke because they said “(Theory)” in their title.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    there's no such thing as a paywall
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    1) This game does not paywall. You can get everything free with time and effort. Money just makes things faster. A paywall is for when access is restricted by payment.

2) When iconic items come out, they will be difficult to get, because they will be the new premier high-end swag. That does not mean it is a paywall. In time, they will become an ingrained part of the game like everything else is. Yes, initially paying players will probably have more iconic items than non-paying, but make it a priority and the free players will accumulate them, too.

3) Can we wait for a thing to EXIST before lambasting CG over it?
    Still not a he.
  • Boros
    507 posts Member
    Options

Let me tell u what's next, reduce rewards in every game mode, just look at GAC spend an entire month doing get abysmal rewards
  • Options
    It will be FIFA SWGoH 2 with more loot boxes and surprise mechanics!!
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Shaddes wrote: »
    1. Yes it does paywall, what planet Have you been playing this game on....???
    2. Yes they are going to be a paywall
    3. No

Have you ever been forced to pay or will you ever have to pay?
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Announcement of CGs next game and swgoh shutdown. Surprise mechanics.
  • Options
    Shaddes wrote: »
    1. Yes it does paywall, what planet Have you been playing this game on....???
    2. Yes they are going to be a paywall
    3. No
    I've been playing the game on this planet, where they don't paywall.

A paywall is paid exclusive content. If you don't money, or ad, or tapjoy, then you don't get it.

There is no paid exclusive content in this game. There has not been paid exclusive content in this game since they got rid of aurodiums.

Having to work toward content is not a paywall. Having to wait through a release cycle is not a paywall. Having to wait until the second run of an event is not a paywall. Having to farm is not a paywall. CG not simply handing you an infinite pile of zots is not a paywall.

A paywall is paid exclusive content, and Galaxy of Heroes does not have that. There is zero reason to believe iconic items will be paywalled. There is zero reason to believe the next epic will be paywalled. This game does not have paywalls, and people need to stop ignorantly throwing that word around.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    Every one of us that have been in this game for longer than a fortnight knows very well what's meant by common usage of paywall by players. Pretending to not understand what's meant by your interlocutor is just bad form. Unless, of course, you truly are having a hard time with comprehension then I of course apologize for not easing you into the nomenclature of the community. Though I suspect you are aware and just playing definition games like an amateur philosophy buff I'll indulge. It's not always easy familiarizing oneself with the language of group but by and large this is what's usually meant. Mechanics that foster frustration, anger and despair to ... "encourage" spending shall we say on items needed to stay competitive are behind a "paywall" as early spenders and those with just plain luck will far surpass what one is capable of unless one spends. It's kind of like when one says all Ravens are black and then there's an albino one. You wouldn't tell a person that no they're wrong it's not a Raven because it's white you realize exactly what is meant during the conversation and accept that hard definitions simply don't work all the time. It's a functional Raven even if it isn't an emblematic one. Unless one is being purposely obtuse. Capisce?
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    Dagonsith wrote: »
    Every one of us that have been in this game for longer than a fortnight knows very well what's meant by common usage of paywall by players. Pretending to not understand what's meant by your interlocutor is just bad form. Unless, of course, you truly are having a hard time with comprehension then I of course apologize for not easing you into the nomenclature of the community. Though I suspect you are aware and just playing definition games like an amateur philosophy buff I'll indulge. It's not always easy familiarizing oneself with the language of group but by and large this is what's usually meant. Mechanics that foster frustration, anger and despair to ... "encourage" spending shall we say on items needed to stay competitive are behind a "paywall" as early spenders and those with just plain luck will far surpass what one is capable of unless one spends. It's kind of like when one says all Ravens are black and then there's an albino one. You wouldn't tell a person that no they're wrong it's not a Raven because it's white you realize exactly what is meant during the conversation and accept that hard definitions simply don't work all the time. It's a functional Raven even if it isn't an emblematic one. Unless one is being purposely obtuse. Capisce?

Paragraph is too long

Try spacing it out

As it's easier to read.
  • DubbQ
    92 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    1) This game does not paywall. You can get everything free with time and effort. Money just makes things faster. A paywall is for when access is restricted by payment.

2) When iconic items come out, they will be difficult to get, because they will be the new premier high-end swag. That does not mean it is a paywall. In time, they will become an ingrained part of the game like everything else is. Yes, initially paying players will probably have more iconic items than non-paying, but make it a priority and the free players will accumulate them, too.

3) Can we wait for a thing to EXIST before lambasting CG over it?

Everyone should read this and think about it for a couple of seconds before all the whining on every CG post

And the discussion of interpretation of the word paywall is irrelevant. A game needs to make money and the best content is available for people who are willing to pay for it. If you are not, you have to make peace with that fact and be happy about the fact that the content will be available to you in time
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Line.

Break.

But no, what people mean by "paywall" is not clear. And quite deliberately so; the practice of misusing "paywall" is quite deliberate.

"Paywall" is a very loaded term precisely because of the practices I laid out above; the paid exclusive content. A practice Galaxy of Heroes hasn't engaged in for a long time.

The term is misappropriated time and again because it is loaded, because it makes people feel justified in their complaints. It feels more righteous to complain about a "paywall" because that sounds so much harder and more exclusive than it really is, and you sound rather daft when you say, "This long term resource management game monetized with a money-for-time mechanic requires long term resource management to get The Thing but people who trade money for time get it faster." But that ain't a paywall by any measure, and it's flatly dishonest to use that term.

Yes, the game has a monetization structure. It has to. This is a high-polish free to play mobile game with an expensive license and zero ads. The studio is not a charity. That the devs would like to be able to make rent this month does not mean they're evil. The format is, as I said, a long term resource management game with a money for time mechanic. And they've been very fair with the value of time without paying. Good luck finding a better no-ad, no-Tapjoy free to play product out there.

This game has a large PvP element. And it has a truth that is common to PvP experiences; half of all participants lose. Full stop. No matter how fair and equitable, 50% of all participants in a Territory War or a Grand Arena match are going to lose. And that means long term, some individuals will win more than 50% of the time and some will lose less, no matter what. If you are frustrated by losing in a format where half of all participants lose, perhaps that's not the kind of game for you.

You use the euphemism of "be competitive," but that is a nonsense term. What does it mean to "be competitive?" What is the measure of being competitive? That can vary wildly, and whether your definition is reasonable is hugely important. Because for many people, that definition of "be competitive" is inherently impossible no matter what CG does. A lot of people come to the game with a mindset that second place is the first loser and become bitter that they're not top of the squad arena rankings, or at least in strike range of it, but fact of the matter is a shard is 20,000 people. #1 in squad arena is 0.005% of the user base.

If your definition of "being competitive" is being in the top fraction of a percent of the user base, very few people can fit in there no matter what. Here's a fact. If you're in the top 1000 in squad arena, you are the top 5%. You are doing well in squad arena. You are being competitive. And you can aspire to do better, but if you are unsatisfied because you are not "being competitive" when you're top 5%, the problem is your expectations. And you can reasonably get way above that free to play if you play your cards right.

I am free to play. I'm at 3.7 million GP. Neither arena is my main focus, yet I finish top 1% of my arena shard most days, sometimes down to top 2.5%. I finish top 5% of my fleet shard most days, sometimes up to top 2%. I am one of the heavy hitters in a 155 million GP guild, consistently get top 10 in hSith running most of those teams on auto, we're doing Geonosis TB, and we win territory wars more often than we lose. I've got every unit in the game except Wat, Negotiator, and Ebon Hawk. I consistently finish top half of my GA brackets, often win outright, and have only once finished in the bottom half of a bracket.

I am free to play, and by any reasonable metric I am competitive.

The conflict comes when you start from an unreasonable definition of what it means to "be competitive." Because fact of the matter is 99.995% of the population does not have the gaming chops to perform at a top 0.005% level, and instead turn their anger at "luck" and "whales" as an excuse to avoid facing the fact that not everyone has the dedication or the gaming chops to be number one, microtransactions or no. And that toxic, unreasonable definition of what it means to "be competitive" pollutes the mind such that the disappointment of not performing at the top keeps people from appreciating the fact that they're probably doing very well.
    Post edited by YaeVizsla on
    Still not a he.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    @YaeVizsla I agree with everything you said. Just want to add one thing about active accounts in arena. If you purposefully try to fall as far as you can in the arena, you'll see it will land you somewhere in between 500-1000th spot at best (worst? xD). I won't make guesses but it's obvious to me the total active players in the game currently is much less than the general perception or download numbers in the stores. The game has retracted greatly and that reflects in revenue numbers as well.
  • Options

Man, it's impossible for me to communicate the amount of cringe I experienced from reading that post. Stashing as many obscure words as you can into a post to make yourself seem smarter does not actually make you seem smarter. Especially when the rest of the post is full of grammar errors. Your argument got smashed to bits in a factual and structured manner. Don't try to answer in kind if you don't know how and you're wrong to boot.

There is no paywall in swgoh. There's not even any bloody ads. So all things considered, ludicrous pricing of micro-transactions is completely and utterly worth it. I'm not trying to white knight for CG here or anything but I wish people would start getting off their backs for making this awesome free game that none of you can stop playing. It would also make it easier for them to actually take people seriously when somebody has a realistic complaint.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options
    It will be FIFA SWGoH 2 with more loot boxes and surprise mechanics!!

FIFA SWGOH sounds incredible, to be honest
  • Options
    The new Senior Producer is working on a Jawa team. I'm going with Jawas are getting the next re-work.
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options

1. LS TB
    2. We don’t know if it’s a paywall yet (although it’ll be)
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »

1. LS TB
    2. We don’t know if it’s a paywall yet (although it’ll be)

Our new senior producer straight up said he wanted to be a Breadmaker $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ if that's an indication of where we going warp 9 around a sun :)
  • Options
    The game shutdown within the year based on how things have been going. That's what's next