At What Star Level is Royal Guard Arena Viable?

hnewton
492 posts Member
edited March 2016
I'm considering farming him and would like to know how long it will be before I can place him in my squad.

At What Star Level is Royal Guard Arena Viable? 86 votes

7*
18%
Syth_HunterZemitHBOMBCOKFISTFoojMofojokers1992ElSoldado_23Will_CocishugeFlyPhishVanquisherMJ007OobydoobDarth_MalakDeadHeadAndyJaquizz1616MegaRainbowLuke6108Rui_Vuusen 16 votes
6*
16%
SundodgerHuitzyanduincolferkozakjanosZekexHershBathensVosKyleKatarngiggsyMJ_INCV1p3rdyn4styGoofz24Waz675DarthDuderr 14 votes
5*
41%
scubaEnigmaticienGeddrexJazzxD_MillennialTakcomandabengarcia_george99PerongelukBerimboloAwakened1130Dieciedue2KYLO_SAM84111Nate111RiderxxakortsxxInternetSwagCestericNikoms565Jamito 36 votes
4*
17%
FantazyShanksBleachbenacrowKAULIwikking4uEleiemToonnyReynardDylanBrandiecardozaHauzerMo_lizaEkuchaArgilliteJediGabrielNezz 15 votes
3*
1%
Gong 1 vote
2*
2%
MurderholeJoeL_ 2 votes
1*
2%
Diraanirvvri 2 votes

Replies

• Options
    I don't know for sure, but if I can prevent it without too much issue, I would not attack a team with a Royal guard of 6 or 7*. I would consider 5*.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    5*
    I use him at 5* but he is probably "scarier" at 6 or 7
  • hnewton
    492 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Johnnyudes wrote: »
    I don't know for sure, but if I can prevent it without too much issue, I would not attack a team with a Royal guard of 6 or 7*. I would consider 5*.
    He makes a team that much stronger?
  • Options
    hnewton wrote: »

6* looks a lot like 7* to the psyche. A 5* looks beatable, if that makes sense.
  • Ciel_6
    178 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »
    I use him at 5* but he is probably "scarier" at 6 or 7

I have him at 5 too but was holding off dropping into arena until he 6... But you're getting results at 5? I might try him out then. He was awful at 4.
  • Fantazy
    553 posts Member
    Options
    4*
    started using him in arena at 4*. Same as Rey. He's 6* now. from 5 to 6 he gained ~1k hp
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    5*
    hnewton wrote: »

Besides the taunt, high HP and self heal, he has OK speed, 110 at 5*, and that 80% stun chance can cause problems.
  • Options
    I replaced my Han with a 5* RG yesterday. He's good on offense, but I don't think he's very intimidating on defense. I think 6/7 seems more daunting. I run him with Daka and that seems to be a PITA some people would prefer to avoid.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    5*
    Dooku, Daka, RG, Rey, RP. I try to get the most annoying ones.
  • Shooting4life
    211 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I find RG over rated. You just have to plan your attacks to not drop a toon below 50 then finish them off. I just beat a RG team to take 2nd. All maxed toons.

I ran
    Qgj L
    Lumi
    Yoda
    GS
    RP

All maxed. When you use battle mediation the stuns never stick so all you are up against is a wet noddle attack taking up a spot that could have been used by dps or support.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    5*
    Dooku, Daka, RG, Rey, RP. I try to get the most annoying ones.

Lol - that will be my team once Rey hits 6* - but replace RP with 7* QGJ, just to start things off fast.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    5*
    I just got Rey to 6* today, and Dooku should be 7* tomorrow or next, on ly 8 more shards. I have been thinking about QGJ or even Yoda to replace RP.
  • Options
    How they buff a character as common as a royal guard to become something to fear in the arena is actually quite hilarious. Forget iconic characters like bobba fett or some of the other jedi masters that you would think are the go to. Next character buff and future feared arena pick... ugnaught! Look out!
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    I put in this team 15 hours before price time
    BYBFqKA.jpg
    Just to see how it goes, currently #11 in arena and no more fights for today :#
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    5*
    Ztyle wrote: »
    That looks like a draw out the timer fight.

• Options
    5*
    Replace Bariss with Dooku and that team is golden.
    BYBFqKA.jpg

| John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    That looks like a draw out the timer fight.
    That's the idea, Daka is just 1 shard from 7*
    Sadly we don't have a log on attacks on your team, only guide we have is how far we drop in rank
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Waz675
    193 posts Member
    Options
    6*
    How they buff a character as common as a royal guard to become something to fear in the arena is actually quite hilarious. Forget iconic characters like bobba fett or some of the other jedi masters that you would think are the go to. Next character buff and future feared arena pick... ugnaught! Look out!

Yeah, seeing how crap RG was and not iconic, not many would have them (and levelled). So, buffing them will get a higher percentage of people wanting "the best" to level them which of course, some will pay with crystals to do this quicker in the different ways this can be achieved.

It's always going to boil down to what potentially makes people buy crystals (and use them quicker).
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    Replace Bariss with Dooku and that team is golden.
    BYBFqKA.jpg

I think I might tryout that setup for tomorrows last fight
  • Options
    7*
    Anything less than 7* and Rey destroys him.
  • Options
    5*

I always thought of the Royal Guatd as being iconic. I grew up with Return of the Jedi - they protect the Emperor! They have to be bad*** (or so I always imagined).

I was actually disappointed with how lame he used to be.

• Options

yup

i run:
    7* Phasma lead
    7* QGJ
    6* Dooku
    6* GS
    6* Rey

and RG does not scare me at all.

took #1 for first time today against a fully maxed out squad that ran RG.
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    Options
    BYBFqKA.jpg

That team wouldn't last long. RG only really works if everyone has high health... Aside Luminara most of that team do not do much damage.. Luminara can be killed before RG taunt can protect her. Barriss's leadership actually hurts her here...

A QGJ and Yoda combo will have her dead before RG use his taunt to protect her... Yoda goes first and will unless he crits very high won't take her below half health... This is even more unlikely because of Barriss's leadership health bonus. QGJ assist attack will more or less guarantee a dead Lumi after Yoda's unstoppable force.

Old daka's revive isn't highly consistent so if she stays down.. the rest of the team can be pick off at leisure! simple because it has no significant damage output
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Options
    7*

yup

i run:
    7* Phasma lead
    7* QGJ
    6* Dooku
    6* GS
    6* Rey

and RG does not scare me at all.

took #1 for first time today against a fully maxed out squad that ran RG.

Yeah, Rey is a huge problem for this game. LOL.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    Skye wrote: »
    BYBFqKA.jpg

That team wouldn't last long. RG only really works if everyone has high health... Aside Luminara most of that team do not do much damage.. Luminara can be killed before RG taunt can protect her. Barriss's leadership actually hurts her here...

A QGJ and Yoda combo will have her dead before RG use his taunt to protect her... Yoda goes first and will unless he crits very high won't take her below half health... This is even more unlikely because of Barriss's leadership health bonus. QGJ assist attack will more or less guarantee a dead Lumi after Yoda's unstoppable force.

Old daka's revive isn't highly consistent so if she stays down.. the rest of the team can be pick off at leisure! simple because it has no significant damage output

Well it just a test, I know exactly how to take the team out, however on my leaderboard there is so much activity that I just wanted to do something different, I know it's not the best defense team, but if it can stay in the top 100 the team I'm actually is thinking of is a go, and I have never been into arena as I can't play the last 3.5 hours before payout
  • Options
    I actually like that team but I run a stall/heal team myself. Might swap out Kylo for RG and give him a go.