GET Mk 1

With the new TB giving out reduced GET Mk 1 (in exchange for giving out more total rewards in the form of GET Mk 2), is there any plan to reduce the cost of the characters only obtainable through GET Mk 1? Would it be possible to reevaluate the new TB rewards and make the GET Mk 1 rewards higher to approximately match the rewards received from the Hoth TB?

In my guild's last Hoth TB (just before Geonosis came out), we earned ~8500 GET (once you include the daily payouts for special missions). This last time, we earned ~5000. The GET Mk 2 are critical to getting the Negotiator so we don't want to stop doing the new TB, but now that a large group of our guild has unlocked Malak, we are really feeling the difference in the GET Mk 1 income. A difference of ~7000 GET per month (2 TBs per month) is a HUGE difference in income and drastically affects the amount of time it takes to complete characters. From unlock to 7*, I believe we are looking at 6+ months of using GET Mk 1 ONLY for Malak shards. If someone also wants to buy stun guns, it may be up to 9-12 months before they get to 7*. This is in comparison to the ~4 months when Hoth was the only TB.

A 40% decrease in income for a vital currency is not appreciated even if it is accompanied by a new currency with new rewards. Currencies are not interchangeable, an increase in income for a new currency does nothing to counteract the decrease in income for another currency.

Replies

• Options
    Have you considered just focusing on Hoth until you have the Hoth content completed?

I think there is a point where the new rewards don't justify the loss of rewards from Hoth, but I don't know what that point is.

I see this as by design though; to make you choose what is more important to you.

I mean, it's not like Hermit Yoda and/or Wampa are needed for any events. At least, not yet... :smile:

Is your guild doing Heroic Sith?
  • Options
    We were earning 43/45 stars in LS Hoth and 46/48 in DS Hoth... we are now earning 20-22 stars in Geonosis. That's pretty close to the expected change between the two (actually a little better, but we've all gotten better gear in the meantime). There's very little else we can achieve in the Hoth TB.

The only difference is the massive drop off in points between the expected achievements between the two. This was discussed when they first talked about the progression in https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/206500/dark-side-geonosis-territory-battle-difficulty-progression#latest . You can already see that even if we got 33 stars (an impossibility right now for even the best guilds), there would still be a drop in GET Mk 1. I am arguing now, that after a few months of looking at it, I believe this is unacceptable due to the incapability of exchange between the two currencies. An increase in one affects the other not at all.
  • Options
    I was gonna make a post about this issue myself. I am definitely pro cost reduction for the shards. The only problem is the whales that unlocked him paying the full MK1 GET price are going to jump on their heads if they ever reduced Malak’s cost. And well, those whales are the ruling class of this game. Instead they could increase the GET Mark I rewards from other sources such as TB/HSith or give them out more freely from other stuff like for completing battle nodes in the Geo TB. Maybe add them to GA/GACE although that’s not a guild event which kinda is another limiting factor by design.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    Should’ve saved up all your GET when Malak was first announced
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »

That's absolute right!You had enought time to save up you tokens even if you were getting the stun guns,the geo provides you much better rewards the hoth if you do 20-22 stars the total amount of GEC its more then 10k,and yes you can't buy malak shards with mk 2 currency but that should have been covered long time ago and now you should focuse on the ship.
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »

Although I hate agreeing with you...I do this time. I even saved up a bunch and miscalculated so I’ll be at 50/100 for a bit. But even at 6*, G11 with his zetas he’s still a massive power house. It’s not as if he’s unusable. He can still run a train on JKR teams
  • Options
    I saved GET after first Malak as well. Was told only needed 50k so it won’t be enough but I will deal with it. Not sure why you would want to reward people who were spending it when they should have been saving.
  • Options
    I believe that the mk1 rewards should even out somewhere around the 50% mark of the 33 stars. Let's say that 17-20ish star level the mk1 currency should match the comparable star count level 42-45 from Hoth thereby still encouraging the lower end guilds to do Hoth for better rewards but the mid to upper tier guilds to get the equal of the "old" currency mixed with some of the "new".

Also, it would be nice to have been able to see the Malak shards in the store and how much they cost. Have them grayed or something similar to the GAC store where you can't purchase if you don't meet a prerequisite but can see the price. I had just completed wampa and hoda when Malak was released so was thrilled I could start buying some stun guns while hoarding towards Malak. However, since I couldn't see that Malak shards were more expensive than wampa/hoda, the 6* level I was expecting to get straight to is now still 7600 away. Sure, I guess I should have researched more but if they were displayed as I previously mentioned there would be no surprise mechanic to disappoint me.
  • Options
    srwhitewvu wrote: »
    I saved GET after first Malak as well. Was told only needed 50k so it won’t be enough but I will deal with it. Not sure why you would want to reward people who were spending it when they should have been saving.

People didn't expect their income of GET's to dry up.

• TVF
    36603 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Malevolan wrote: »

Everything in this game is subject to change. Cadences change, hard node sims change, resource availabilities change...the only way to be sure to get something is to be ready for any circumstance.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Malevolan wrote: »

Everything in this game is subject to change. Cadences change, hard node sims change, resource availabilities change...the only way to be sure to get something is to be ready for any circumstance.

Yes but all changes negatively impact new and or F2P. Gets old. Almost 2.9 mil gp in 9 months so fit in that new (and whale) bucket.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    The only thing CG could realistically do is offer Malak for GET2 tokens as well to offset the split between GET 1&2 in GeoTB. It'd slow your progression on Negotiator though, so not without its downside.
    Or your guild could choose to periodically do Hoth to help people promote Malaks - also not without its downsides.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    Why should your Malak now be cheaper than my Malak then?
  • Options
    Lysandrax wrote: »

Because overall GET Mk 1 income went down? Why should you get higher GET income while trying to promote one of the most valuable characters ever made in the game compared to me?

And to those saying "you should have saved" ... ummm... I wouldn't have gotten Malak if I had saved. The only (semi) reliable source of stun guns is GET tokens. You know... the piece of gear every character needs 100s of in order to be even remotely viable... The only reason I got Malak was because I was constantly spending all my currency on stun guns for the characters in the event.
  • Options
    The real thing with it is, yes, you can go back to hoth, but you have to convince an entire guild to give up on geo rewards to do so, that's harder to do than you'd think.a guild has to think about how to best accomodate all their members, not just a few who got Malak this time around. What if someone's already got Malak 7* and is working on Negotiator? It's a tough call, and ultimately they may just have to take in less GET's and result in taking much longer to get Malak up.
  • Options
    Kerrigan wrote: »

Because overall GET Mk 1 income went down? Why should you get higher GET income while trying to promote one of the most valuable characters ever made in the game compared to me?

And to those saying "you should have saved" ... ummm... I wouldn't have gotten Malak if I had saved. The only (semi) reliable source of stun guns is GET tokens. You know... the piece of gear every character needs 100s of in order to be even remotely viable... The only reason I got Malak was because I was constantly spending all my currency on stun guns for the characters in the event.

So because I skipped buying gear to have enough GET to 7 star malak this go around you should be able to have spent your GET on gear AND be able to buy malak for cheaper?
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    Kerrigan wrote: »

Why should CG give you an absurd amount of GET1 when you're already getting a ton of GET2.

Stop playing GEO TB if you need GET1 so much.
  • Options
    Random player: You should have saved GET 1 to be able to 7* Malak instantly.

Also Random Player:
    1. Has 5M+ GP or at least completed the core meta characters of every meta in the game thus far and only has some trash chars as projects left such as Jawas and Tuskens.
    2. Has been playing since the beginning of time.
    3. Is a Team Instinct member or any of the uber whale guilds.
    4. Is an UBER WHALE.
    5. All of the above.

I swear to god whenever I hear the saving argument it triggers me beyond Earth and The Miky Way.

NOT EVERYONE STARTED THIS GAME AT LAUNCH. SOME OF US ARE RECENT PLAYERS OR NOT AS OLD AS YOU TO AFFORD THE LUXURY OF SAVING. WE ALSO DIDNT WHALE ON THE GAME AT ANY META OR POINT IN TIME TO THEN CALL OURSELVES “I AM NOW MAGICALLY F2P” DESPITE GAINING A MASSIVE TIME ADVANTAGE OVER EVERYONE ELSE.

This is pretty much the real world equivalent of old farts telling young people you should have saved money for college instead of taking on a student loan 4Head.

And all of this is coming from the perspective of a full f2p late 2017 player who owns Malak the 2nd time around and has never spent a penny on the game, never been inside a top 20 guild/whale guild even before Geo TB, was not gaining a ton of GET from Hoth either, and doesnt have a fetish for seeing other people suffer or for being superior in a game where your wallet can count more than actual skill.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    This is the concept known as a -trade off-.
  • Options
    So you think it’s ok to screw the people who purposely chose not to spend their GET on gear and hurt their rosters to save up GET. Choices have consequences and taking away a consequence is awarding bad behavior.

Nihilmus wrote: »

Also Random Player:
    1. Has 5M+ GP or at least completed the core meta characters of every meta in the game thus far and only has some trash chars as projects left such as Jawas and Tuskens.
    4. Is an UBER WHALE.
    5. All of the above.

I swear to god whenever I hear the saving argument it triggers me beyond Earth and The Miky Way.

NOT EVERYONE STARTED THIS GAME AT LAUNCH. SOME OF US ARE RECENT PLAYERS OR NOT AS OLD AS YOU TO AFFORD THE LUXURY OF SAVING. WE ALSO DIDNT WHALE ON THE GAME AT ANY META OR POINT IN TIME TO THEN CALL OURSELVES “I AM NOW MAGICALLY F2P” DESPITE GAINING A MASSIVE TIME ADVANTAGE OVER EVERYONE ELSE.

This is pretty much the real world equivalent of old farts telling young people you should have saved money for college instead of taking on a student loan 4Head.

And all of this is coming from the perspective of a full f2p late 2017 player who owns Malak the 2nd time around and has never spent a penny on the game, never been inside a top 20 guild/whale guild even before Geo TB, was not gaining a ton of GET from Hoth either, and doesnt have a fetish for seeing other people suffer or for being superior in a game where your wallet can count more than actual skill.

• Exletion
    649 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Completely ignoring the Malek argument for a second, I think there is still some point to be made about GET1 decrease in Geo TB. The Geo TB was meant to be a progressionary step above the Hoth TB, but in this case it does have a rather severe downside in producing less GET1.

Getting back to the Malek argument now. Just because people saved their GET1 for Malek, it still doesn't make GET1 any more of a lesser resource now that they have a 7* Malek compared to those who don't. Like people have said, GET1 is still an extremely valuable resource for gear. I don't think it has anything to do with getting Malek for cheaper; everyone should pay the same price. If GET1 amount is increased, everyone who has 7* Malek will be able to purchase much more gear than those who are still trying to finish theirs. It's a win/win here. Even though the OP is arguing to make the Malek shards cheaper; I think a better argument would be for Geo TB to match the last step of their guilds progression which is mastery of the Hoth TB while adding a little something extra which would be the GET2. I honestly think this is a very reasonable assertion rather than reducing the currency price for the character shards.
  • Options
    The counter argument here is that a new-ish player shouldn’t expect to be able to 7 star the most powerful character in the game right away. It is excellent and noteworthy that players in this category are able to complete the event and unlock him.

Even if your guild is doing Geo, you will still get Malak to 7 stars while accumulating GET II. And you will be much better off in the long run. Soon enough your supply of GET I will be more than enough for stun gun appearances.

My guild mates who were just unlocking Malak have been saving, even though many of them have younger accounts and could have benefitted in the short term from spending. They had the foresight to save and they couldn’t be happier now.

Also Random Player:
    4. Is an UBER WHALE.
    5. All of the above.

Also Random Player:
    4. Is an UBER WHALE.
    5. All of the above.

• Options
    Let's try it with numbers. Let's say you spent all 68,400 currency on stun guns. Meanwhile I saved it all to 7star malak on the 2nd run. While I'm saving for malak you would have bought 1,425 stun guns. Me, 0. I go and buy malak with my currency and start buying stun guns. You start buying malak, but you get him at half the price. So in the time it takes you to get 34,400 currency I will buy 712.5 stun guns.

So, you are saying because you got gear first you should get 700 more stun guns then me for the same amount of overall currency. How is that fair exactly?
  • Options
    I get what the OP is saying, but I think that it's a matter of deciding what's more important to you--getting new stuff (Negotiator, Wat Tambor, g13, etc) and some old stuff, or getting old stuff a lot faster.

Personally I think the new rewards are worth the reduction in old rewards. The new stuff is just that good.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • SinisterOi
    33 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Haha and now in January 2020 when we also have GAS needing the MK1 tokens just like Malak, the people who first said we need more MK1 tokens in Geo TB where way ahead of the game lol. They can’t force us to do Geo to stay in the Meta for fleet and decrease tokens we need for uber heroes they they add to old currencies imo. Because now we have guilds that can do 12 stars in LS Geo TB wanting to do LS Hoth... The only person who doesn’t want this is the person who spent money, has the hero, and doesn’t want you to get it and have the same advantage he has. Plain and simple. And I’m not F2P, this includes me. The harder TB should offer more rewards then the easier ones. It’s not progressive otherwise.
  • Options
    No.
  • Options
    Thread necro
  • LordDirt
    5008 posts Member
    Options
    This is a resource management game. It is up to each player to manage what direction you want to go in.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    Actually I do agree with the argument that geo should offer more get1 with the halfway point being what u would max in hoth. That would benefit BOTH the whales, f2p, and everyone else in between. I dont see the downside for the playerbase. Those who have finished farming BOTH malak and GA can hoard and get some gear here and there while others can finish their farms. However the cost of shards should NEVER be reduced in any case.