Please adjust foreign exchange rates to FAIR levels

PGIII
24 posts Member
edited March 2016
I can speak for Canadians - we're getting shafted at a $1.41 per USD exchange rate when it's currently at $1.30.

I know that South Africans are/were paying 19 rand per dollar when their exchange rate is closer to 16 rand per dollar.

This is a predatory practice that makes non-Americans far less willing to spend on the game. EA, get your heads straight and even out the crystal prices. This kind of thing just makes you look bad.

Replies

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    This should go well...

:popcorn:
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Diraan
    332 posts Member
    Options
    inb4 BentWookie informs you that Petitions are against the forums' TOS
    4/25/2016 - The day General Grevious Shards were reasonably priced.
  • Philzguitar
    56 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    This should go well...

:popcorn:

Haha!
  • Options
    Don't you buy in your own currency?
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    ????
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    1. Petitions aren't allowed.
    2. The loonie has been rallying in the last few weeks. It was $1.45 as recently as January. They can't reprice everything every week, it is not practical.
    3. I think Canada charges tax on electronic items, the US does not.
    4. Before the most recent currency adjustment, Canadians were paying, exchange-adjusted, something like 15% less for everything than Americans.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Diraan wrote: »

You beat me to it. I like to race against the mods to see how fast I can do this sort of thing.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • PGIII
    24 posts Member
    Options
    Diraan wrote: »

woe is me
  • Options
    I agree. I also don't enjoy the inaccurate currency conversion as a Canadian. I am, however, used to it as ebay likes to do the same thing and has for awhile. I miss the days a few years back when our currency was worth more than the US dollar.
  • PGIII
    24 posts Member
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    2. The loonie has been rallying in the last few weeks. It was $1.45 as recently as January. They can't reprice everything every week, it is not practical.
    4. Before the most recent currency adjustment, Canadians were paying, exchange-adjusted, something like 15% less for everything than Americans.

Well aware of the Loonie rally, I work in the field. Repricing on a monthly basis is perfectly easy. Takes one monkey about 20 minutes with a spreadsheet.

Try telling the S. Africans and Aussies that it's not predatory pricing.

Really...Petitions aren't allowed. Who cares, it's an internet forum. Delete it.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    PGIII wrote: »

Well aware of the Loonie rally, I work in the field. Repricing on a monthly basis is perfectly easy. Takes one monkey about 20 minutes with a spreadsheet.

Try telling the S. Africans and Aussies that it's not predatory pricing.

Really...Petitions aren't allowed. Who cares, it's an internet forum. Delete it.

In 3....2.....

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • PGIII
    24 posts Member
    Options
    Starjumper wrote: »
    Don't you buy in your own currency?

Yes, but it's not hard to do the math. Our highest crystal pack is 139.99 CAD.
  • PGIII
    24 posts Member
    Options
    you nerds with thousands of posts are hilarious. It's almost like as if you support these practices and care more about internet etiquette than real life.
  • Options
    you nerds with thousands of posts are hilarious. It's almost like as if you support these practices and care more about internet etiquette than real life.

You didn't capitalize 'you'. :#
  • Options
    He's right though, there's no reason for south Africa to be paying more when we're already so **** poor.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options

And depending your local tax rate, that may still be less than we are paying.
    IIRC when the game came out the exchange rate was 1.35 and the top crystal pack was C$119.99.
    That's how it goes with currencies, up and down.
    PS. If you are implying that I am an EA suckup, you just gave everyone here a good laugh.
  • Options
    Petitions are against TOS. :/

That's not the way this works! :/

It's market based. It depends on the economic conditions in your country.. and the rates are averaged over a time span, not changed daily.
  • Options
    Oh and hey, your opinion is fine, your entitled to it. Keep up with the personal attacks and you lose your right to express said opinion.

I am sorry you are having a hard time with economic conditions, please don't take your frustration out on other people.
  • Options

You really shouldn't use an indefinite article preceding a similie.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options

You really shouldn't use an indefinite article preceding a similie.

"You really shouldn't use an indefinite article before a simile."
    OR
    "You really shouldn't have an indefinite article preceding a simile."
    ;)
  • Options
    I'm dyslexic and this is a similie: :)
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Options
    Bad spellers of the world untie!
  • Options

And depending your local tax rate, that may still be less than we are paying.

Please explain.

Ontario: $139.99 x 13% tax = $158.19 = $121.81 USD

USA: $99.99

~22% difference.
  • Options
    i dont think cg/ea controls the exchange rate i believe it is handled by google/apple i know all the apps i have installed are using the same exchange rate( the one cg is also using)
  • Options
    heroeskage wrote: »
    i dont think cg/ea controls the exchange rate i believe it is handled by google/apple i know all the apps i have installed are using the same exchange rate( the one cg is also using)

You are correct in saying this.
  • Options
    spocked-fiver-2.jpg

1296277036114.jpg

3141511579_e0973bdcee_z.jpg

BMcSXyU.jpg

Team iNstinct -- teaminstinct.net
  • Options
    That spock 5 spot is sweet