Price of kyros is too high

This is my second post about this, kyros are too expensive, there are simply way too many of them required all across the board, I think we need to reduce their price by half and put them on the same price range as the gold balls. 700 for 50 is definitely a good amount, and we need 200 for one g13 finisher. You said it was to alleviate the stun gun crunch, fine, but one stun gun is worth 1400/1375 crystals for 50 stun guns, sure there's the carbanti component too, but carbantis can be earned through challenges and they are cheap in the guild store, but one kyro is 2800 for a g8-9-10-11 and 5600 for the g13 finishers. These crystal amounts are simply too high. New characters who require them at level 8 and up will be stuck at low gear levels for far too long, this is not good for the game.

Replies

• Options
    You need 100 for a G12 finisher, 2800 crystals.
    As for the value, likely they won't just magically lower the price after some players are already at 40-50 G13 toons.
  • Options
    They are farmable with the cheapest to refresh and fastest to replenish energy and have a decent drop rate. I'm not quite sure you keep talking about the price on crystals.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    They are farmable with the cheapest to refresh and fastest to replenish energy and have a decent drop rate. I'm not quite sure you keep talking about the price on crystals.

So we're stun guns and yet that didn't stop them from being a nightmare. Energy is valuable with almost all new characters going straight into hard node farming, don't act like we have nothing else to farm, just wait until they are a couple more must-farm characters in hard nodes.
    You need 100 for a G12 finisher, 2800 crystals.
    As for the value, likely they won't just magically lower the price after some players are already at 40-50 G13 toons.

You're right it's 100, still, they are too much, they keep adding them to all new characters, how is it cool when they are stuck at g8 for so long
  • Options

Spare some good drop rates? I’m averaging roughly 1 out of every 9 sims so my rate is very lack luster
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Manage your resources, problem solved.

Stun guns!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

Spare some good drop rates? I’m averaging roughly 1 out of every 9 sims so my rate is very lack luster

I second that. I’m getting around 10%. It makes me regret complaining about 20% drop rates lol.

I’m actually wondering if it’s cheaper to buy Kryos out of the store than spend energy.
  • Options

I second that. I’m getting around 10%. It makes me regret complaining about 20% drop rates lol.

I’m actually wondering if it’s cheaper to buy Kryos out of the store than spend energy.

I rarely farm them. I buy them from GET store and with Crystal's. I would rather spend 700 Crystal's on a guaranteed 25 then spend the same amount of Crystal's to MAYBE get the same amount. Just not worth it in my opinion. Plus you can save up the Crystal's pretty quickly even if you dont hit top 10 in arena. It was a little easier when I waant farming kyros for 3 different characters at once though. I find focusing on one at a time helps. Since malak will lose meta soon I'm not too worried about his as much.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    I appreciate the fact they cost what they do....benefits players who farm strategically.
  • Options
    Players help set the market. I’d be willing to bet they are one of the most frequently purchased items in crystal shipments right now, so they won’t be changing it.
  • Options
    Fully track your drop rates on a spreadsheet and they'll probably magically bounce up to around 22% once your sample size gets statistically significant.

People who claim lower drop rates over an extended period are usually doing gut checks rather than tracking.
    Still not a he.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    You're asking EA to make a piece of gear everyone needs cheaper?

wexz9cffbdiy.gif

Edit: I posted this exact same thing on ur other post too.
  • Darthvanity
    300 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    a) Use the other stores to buy them
    b) Use energy
    c) Pay for them

Those are your options if you don't wish to spend crystals.
    The developers stated it's supposed to be a crunch getting Kryos. Therefore they won't change it
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    I have been saving Crystal's from arena to buy them.

Their drop rate is garbage and not worth the energy. I just spend energy on other things.
  • Options
    It's absurd that they called them "stun gun crunch alleviation" then they placed them on the same price range and made them required on every single character and even on the lower gear tiers of new characters as low as gear 8. This is clearly a scam and I just can't believe people are defending this
  • Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Fully track your drop rates on a spreadsheet and they'll probably magically bounce up to around 22% once your sample size gets statistically significant.

People who claim lower drop rates over an extended period are usually doing gut checks rather than tracking.

No ever since I’ve been farming them since they’ve been released it’s been consistently at that rate. 1/9 is my average so far. Maybe I’ll hit a spike and actually get more but as of now, no MY drop rate as of now is around that.
    You act like certain gear can’t have different drop rates than other pieces.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options

No ever since I’ve been farming them since they’ve been released it’s been consistently at that rate. 1/9 is my average so far. Maybe I’ll hit a spike and actually get more but as of now, no MY drop rate as of now is around that.

I'm pretty sure stun guns = 20%

Kryotech = 10%

I think
  • Options
    It's absurd that they called them "stun gun crunch alleviation" then they placed them on the same price range and made them required on every single character and even on the lower gear tiers of new characters as low as gear 8. This is clearly a scam and I just can't believe people are defending this

It can be when they take the place of stun guns in certain places
  • Options

It cannot when the drop rate is fixed. You may be getting better results for one thing over another but eventually, it will even out. That's the point; 30% does not mean exactly 3 out of 10. it means eventually you will have a sample that will even out into a percent of 30.
    SemiGod wrote: »

I'm pretty sure stun guns = 20%

Kryotech = 10%

I think

Proof?
  • Options
    Simple math. Whales buy the best meta squads to earn top scores in arena and fleet so they can buy gear with all those extra crystals. Thus making their second tier squads better so they win more wars and GAC events. CG has no incentive to reduce crystal cost on any gear you need and let you catch up to those that spent real $$$ to get ahead of you. This is what the ENTIRE business model of this game is built on. Deal with it! It will not change. Ever. The best you can do is spend what resources you have wisely, hope for a bit of luck from time to time and keep grinding. OR pay to play.
    What CG really should do is throw us a few more reasonably priced gear drops and crystal bonuses outside of Christmas. They seem to forget that 100,000 people dropping $20 on bonus crystal buys is also a good money maker and does not hurt their whales because they get that bonus as well.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Different gear does have different drop rates. Purple 50s do not have the same drop rate as green gear. Kryotechs are at the same drop rate as all of the other purple 50s. About 22%.

I am not speaking out of my ****. I have my own tracker. Over the course of 1601 sims, I got 370 hits. A drop rate of 23.11%, with a 99% confidence interval of 20.39% to 25.83%. People who have conducted or aggregated larger data sets than me end up around 22%. See the HSTR Project's data here, which got 22.62% in over ten thousand sims: https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/cpuj21/kryotech_farming_data/

How many sims have you tracked? What's your actual average, based on data rather than what it feels like? Because large data sets may deviate from the average a little bit, but not that much and not consistently over extended periods of time.

Put up the data or shut up and stop spreading lies.
    Krashxxxx wrote: »
    Simple math. Whales buy the best meta squads to earn top scores in arena and fleet so they can buy gear with all those extra crystals. Thus making their second tier squads better so they win more wars and GAC events. CG has no incentive to reduce crystal cost on any gear you need and let you catch up to those that spent real $$$ to get ahead of you. This is what the ENTIRE business model of this game is built on. Deal with it! It will not change. Ever. The best you can do is spend what resources you have wisely, hope for a bit of luck from time to time and keep grinding. OR pay to play.
    What CG really should do is throw us a few more reasonably priced gear drops and crystal bonuses outside of Christmas. They seem to forget that 100,000 people dropping $20 on bonus crystal buys is also a good money maker and does not hurt their whales because they get that bonus as well.
    Your argument is that money dominates the game, therefore CG should increase the power of money so that... money can dominate the game more?
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    They could make kyros cost 50K crystals for 50 and people will still buy them.

The power of money!

• Options
    I'm with OP as in his first post :-)
    But i think there's not big hope to get something in this regard...
    Swiss Garde Officer, drop me a message if you're interested joining
  • Options
    Why do you “need” G13 on every character?
    e.g I will be G13 on 4 of my Arena team (Padme, GK, JKA and Ashoka) and then targeting other key characters e.g. Daka, Geo Spy, KRU, Fastila.

Resource management!
  • Options
    Its just as hard to farm for everyone else.
    Don’t say you have keep up with the whales because you would never be able to do that anyways.
  • Options
    Different gear does have different drop rates. Purple 50s do not have the same drop rate as green gear. Kryotechs are at the same drop rate as all of the other purple 50s. About 22%.

I am not speaking out of my ****. I have my own tracker. Over the course of 1601 sims, I got 370 hits. A drop rate of 23.11%, with a 99% confidence interval of 20.39% to 25.83%. People who have conducted or aggregated larger data sets than me end up around 22%. See the HSTR Project's data here, which got 22.62% in over ten thousand sims: https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/cpuj21/kryotech_farming_data/

How many sims have you tracked? What's your actual average, based on data rather than what it feels like? Because large data sets may deviate from the average a little bit, but not that much and not consistently over extended periods of time.

Put up the data or shut up and stop spreading lies.
    Krashxxxx wrote: »
    Your argument is that money dominates the game, therefore CG should increase the power of money so that... money can dominate the game more?

I’m spreading lies how? I sim 9 at a time and have never gotten more than 2 in any roll. It’s either 0, 1 or 2. Soooooo I’m not pulling what it feels like, but what i get.

Calm yourself, I even said I’m hoping for a spike to break the averages. Just like I haven’t gotten a single omega from ship challenges since they changed it up to guarantee a Zeta. I’m sure I’ll get them again soon, but as of yet, not one. Yeesh