Ewoks need a buff to their damage ;(.

Prev1
With all the competition nowadays, Ewoks low damage dealing attacks, even behind a 10% Chirpa Lead buff, are not enough despite all the extra turns they take. Geonosians deal way more damage and have better synergies, in comparison.

Ewoks need a buff to their damage ;(. 28 votes

Agree, they’re more like hamsters than ewoks.
39%
MAO408RavenclawsGrandMasterNexusIdontlikesand_16NgHX3inaGoremDaarthBrewerChaos_Demon_wolf6th_shadow_of_leafSolus_Imperius 11 votes
No, they’re gonna be to strong for their size.
60%
RandomSithLordMr_SausageKyJoe_CoolWarGuy101dimi4aAleSahnDroh_1979Salatious_ScrumRhunneTevlodiObight1MagicMatthews99Vendi1983DaPowerfulJediIchiraikouEffAPublicEyeDKarlitoZekePhoenixArrchampion 17 votes

Replies

• Options
    Wicket and Scout already deal pretty good damage. The rest are not meant to be attackers so they don’t need their damage increased. They have other roles on the team.
  • Options
    Wicket and Scout already deal pretty good damage. The rest are not meant to be attackers so they don’t need their damage increased. They have other roles on the team.

Exactly. Ever heard of the Ewok TM train? They’re called Murder Bears for a reason. Not every one of them is supposed to be a huge damage dealer. Every Ewok has a role and fulfills that role very well.
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Options
    Just started using my 3PO-ready squad in the last TB.

I'll call it an easy 6/6, but maaaan is it time consuming. "Death by a thousand spear-jabs"
  • Options
    KyJoe_Cool wrote: »

Exactly. Ever heard of the Ewok TM train? They’re called Murder Bears for a reason. Not every one of them is supposed to be a huge damage dealer. Every Ewok has a role and fulfills that role very well.

The rest of the team’s damage is inconsequential, it’s like they use foam weapons, and not wooden ones. Scout and Wicket would be considered Glass Cannons, but they’re wayy to squishy to even be called that. Scout needs another ability to help synergize more, which could be a whole other discussion.
  • Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »

I'll call it an easy 6/6, but maaaan is it time consuming. "Death by a thousand spear-jabs"

Well said, but for not having C-3PO, they’re not that good against the rest of the Metas.

On a side note, I feel Like C-3PO should get the Ewok faction tag (So that he could better synergize), but the only way that it could make sense is if he has another unique ability that says, “THE MASTER OF ALL PROTOCOL DROIDS: Gains the faction tag of all Light Side Factions, or the faction of whoever’s the team leader.
  • Options

They’re survivability doesn’t justify they’re lower damage as a team, overall. The 2 damage dealers, Scout, and Wicket, are to squishy and don’t add many layers of survivability without needing the rest of there pack. They’re damage even, is average and doesn’t deserve them the Titles of Glass Cannons, although they are made of glass. Even though they take a few extra turns, they’re damage just adds up to about the normal or even lesser amount of damage that meta teams do on a single turn-based level?!?!

They need a serious survivability buff, and damage buff.
  • Options
    MAO408 wrote: »

All it would take is to let Chief Chirpa get his Tribal Unity cooldown decreased from 4 to 3..
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Options
    At max gear without any mods, Wicket has 71k combined health and protection, and Scout has 67k. Hardly squishy. With mods you could bump them both to over 100k.
  • Options

Well said, but for not having C-3PO, they’re not that good against the rest of the Metas.

On a side note, I feel Like C-3PO should get the Ewok faction tag (So that he could better synergize), but the only way that it could make sense is if he has another unique ability that says, “THE MASTER OF ALL PROTOCOL DROIDS: Gains the faction tag of all Light Side Factions, or the faction of whoever’s the team leader.

Pretty sure the team would be completely broken if Chief Chirpa's leader skill affected C-3PO.
  • Options
    G13 maxed out Ewoks can beat G13 maxed out Jawas. So long as they can do that, no buff needed.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Options
    G13 maxed out Ewoks can beat G13 maxed out Jawas. So long as they can do that, no buff needed.

Proof on that? If EE gets stunned those bombs will go off. That is an assist team.
  • Mephisto_style
    5724 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options

Chief Chirpa has good damage also. I crit pretty high with him. A few thousand less than scout's special but still, usually more than scout's basic crit. My scout crits at 13000 and 21000 respectively.
    sguc5ph68pql.png
  • Options
    What does EE have to do with TD's going off? They can't be cleansed and the only thing he can do is hopefully revive.
  • Options
    Rhunne wrote: »
    The whole premise behind ewoks is the "death by a thousand cuts"..

Once their train gets rolling, they can haul through a good majority of the teams out there

A single Enfy's Recks them completely, talk about universal survivability.
    At max gear without any mods, Wicket has 71k combined health and protection, and Scout has 67k. Hardly squishy. With mods you could bump them both to over 100k.

• Options

Chief Chirpa has good damage also. I crit pretty high with him. A few thousand less than scout's special but still, usually more than scout's basic crit. My scout crits at 13000 and 21000 respectively.
    sguc5ph68pql.png

Take them into arena, let's see if he'll survive long enough to even score one or maybe 2 of those 15,000 + crits... don't even get me started on critical hit immunity, too.
  • Options

Once their train gets rolling, they can haul through a good majority of the teams out there

A thousands cuts from forks... not knives, and not even daggers. They need to last longer if their damage is this low overall...
  • Options

I need proof on that, also. Too much rng, not consistent, and not all Ewok teams even have EE...
  • Options

All it would take is to let Chief Chirpa get his Tribal Unity cooldown decreased from 4 to 3..

That, and maybe some protection up from Chirpa on his other ability. An increase to retribution for 3 turns instead of two would be a nice addition. His leader ability should increase Ewok basic attacks by 25%-35% damage, and special attack damage by 15%-20%.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options

sguc5ph68pql.png

Take them into arena, let's see if he'll survive long enough to even score one or maybe 2 of those 15,000 + crits... don't even get me started on critical hit immunity, too.

Take most toons into arena and see what happens.

Not all factions can be meta.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    not all Ewok teams even have EE...

They're doing it wrong.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Options
    In
    TVF wrote: »

sguc5ph68pql.png

In the ideal game, strategy should be before anything. I'm not asking them to be meta, simply a buff to let them stand a better chance and overall add more balance.
  • Options
    not all Ewok teams even have EE...

They're doing it wrong.
    My squad consists of Chirpa Zeta lead, Scout, Logray, Wicket, and the 4th is usually someone like Yoda or Palpatine. With Elder, they just don't have the survivability ironically, at least for arena. More debuffs and better buffs is what really matters for the short skirmishes, cause elder just ends up being useless nowadays. So much "Cannot be revived."
  • Options
    Elder provides more TM for the team on his basic attack, and has a team cleanse/heal. He’s there for more than just revives.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    In

sguc5ph68pql.png

In the ideal game, strategy should be before anything. I'm not asking them to be meta, simply a buff to let them stand a better chance and overall add more balance.

They do stand a chance. Against other lower-tier teams. They're fine.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Elder provides more TM for the team on his basic attack, and has a team cleanse/heal. He’s there for more than just revives.

A chance.... reg could make that not even proc a single time in some matches, and on Arena... 1-3 turns is a determining factor to whether you win or lose.

Don't leave out that small detail, and +, there's so many unclean sable buffs nowadays, it's laughable that he take a spot on my squads.
  • Options
    In

sguc5ph68pql.png

They do stand a chance. Against other lower-tier teams. They're fine.

For all the farming they require, it's unacceptable... they should be more viable, especially against Empire teams, since they helped win the Battle of Endor for Force sakes!
  • Options
    2 turns later... Ewoks are hamsters. That, or everything else is wayyy too strong.

rmsc1p65ndlm.png

sguc5ph68pql.png

Pretty sure the team would be completely broken if Chief Chirpa's leader skill affected C-3PO.

• Options
    I found a vid on YouTube from a year ago of Ewoks beating Bastila without much difficulty.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8nK9dR1unpk

I also found a vid of them beating a Revan team.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oqqSmMYuPl8&t=76s

Granted, neither team has Jolee, but they still are tough teams to beat and Ewoks were able to do it even a year ago. If your team is doing so poorly against other squads maybe they don’t have enough gear or proper mods.
  • Options
    I found a vid on YouTube from a year ago of Ewoks beating Bastila without much difficulty.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8nK9dR1unpk

I also found a vid of them beating a Revan team.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oqqSmMYuPl8&t=76s

Granted, neither team has Jolee, but they still are tough teams to beat and Ewoks were able to do it even a year ago. If your team is doing so poorly against other squads maybe they don’t have enough gear or proper mods.

Against the very very current meta, it's rare to see any Ewok teams above rank 300, a year makes a hug difference, and it looks like they need to be completely maxed out with all Zetas...

Thanks for the videos though, they were helpful in giving me information.

Jolee would have made a world of difference, too.