Any convenient list out there that reveals hidden mechanics like this that you can just scroll throu

"A g7 jawa scavenger has about 3500 combined physical + special damage. Line in the Sand multiplies that combined value by .02 and adds to potency (as per swgoh.gg info). Which in a g7 adds around 70% potency."

Basically what this is saying is that Jawa Scavenger has a lot of potency you can't see on his stat list. That effects how you mod. I don't want to be modding toons for stats they don't need. Yes, I know Jawas suck.. That's not the point here

Is this common? To have certain stats be really high on characters not reflected in the base stat on the character's stat list in-game?

Replies

• Options
    I didn't realize a characters stats didn't reflect their total stats. This is a QOL update we need. Modding characters is already time consuming enough without having to go to a 3rd party site to figure out these hidden mechanics. I don't just want a list I want the characters stats to be reflective of all these hidden mechanics already to accurately show all their stats based on their current Gear level.
  • Options
    I didn't realize a characters stats didn't reflect their total stats. This is a QOL update we need. Modding characters is already time consuming enough without having to go to a 3rd party site to figure out these hidden mechanics. I don't just want a list I want the characters stats to be reflective of all these hidden mechanics already to accurately show all their stats based on their current Gear level.

Yeah, I had stacked potency on Jawa S for the Geo counter until I read what I quoted.
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    Sometimes a thread is generalized and doesn’t reflect what it is about but when you open it - it’s a hidden Jawa thread that you would’ve normally scrolled through
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    Oh my god, stop already with the Jawa threads. They're an okay counter to exactly one team and are otherwise still trash. Just...enough, already.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Sometimes a thread is generalized and doesn’t reflect what it is about but when you open it - it’s a hidden Jawa thread that you would’ve normally scrolled through

Not really about Jawas. Jawas are used as the example but this is more about characters having hidden stats that aren't displayed in their base stats. Any character could have been used as the example it just so happened it was Jawas this time. UTINI baby!
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Any character could have been used as the example it just so happened it was Jawas this time.

Interesting.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    LOL yeah, Jawas were just coincidentally the example here guys. You know I am active on the forums much more than just with that team. I just got bit by the Make Jawas Great Again fetish. Either way though is their something I am mistaken about with this hidden stat thing?
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Read kits
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    edited August 2019
    Options
    The 0.02% offense to potency seems to apply to every character who has a thermal attack, and just applies for the move that places thermals.
    Post edited by crzydroid on
  • Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Read kits

His kit makes no mention of this.
  • Dar_Penthar
    598 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Read kits

Please show me where it states the .02% multiplier being discussed in this text:

"Line in the Sand
    Whenever a Jawa ally takes damage, 50% chance to place a Thermal Detonator on the attacking enemy that will explode after 2 turns. Whenever Jawa Scavenger scores a Critical Hit, he gains Stealth for 3 turns."

I suspect multiple characters have these kinds of mechanics and I would like to see their base stats updated and accurately reflected for these hidden items so players don't have to leverage sites like swgoh.gg before modding their characters. Modding is time consuming enough with out doing this.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    Read kits

Please show me where it states the .02% multiplier being discussed in this text:

"Line in the Sand
    Whenever a Jawa ally takes damage, 50% chance to place a Thermal Detonator on the attacking enemy that will explode after 2 turns. Whenever Jawa Scavenger scores a Critical Hit, he gains Stealth for 3 turns."

I suspect multiple characters have these kinds of mechanics and I would like to see their base stats updated and accurately reflected for these hidden items so players don't have to leverage sites like swgoh.gg before modding their characters. Modding is time consuming enough with out doing this.

Like I said above, it's not just scavanger, if you look at swgoh.gg. It's Zam, Greedo, JE, Mob Enforcer. I didn't find it for Dengar, who applies tenacity down first (unless I just missed it), or Zam's lead, which doesn't mean it's not there. My guess is it's part of how reworked thermals work, and they typically don't put descriptions for common debuff mechanics in character text (such as how tenacity down can't be resisted).
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    @Mephisto_style what’s the source for this? I’m not finding any documentation about this 0.02% mechanic anywhere in-game or on Swgoh.gg

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it. When clicking on the ability itself and scrolling down, clicking on ability level 8, under the Modify Stat sequence.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Read kits

His kit makes no mention of this.

Yeah, you're right. 99% of the time that's the correct response lol.
  • Options
    crzydroid wrote: »

Like I said above, it's not just scavanger, if you look at swgoh.gg. It's Zam, Greedo, JE, Mob Enforcer. I didn't find it for Dengar, who applies tenacity down first (unless I just missed it), or Zam's lead, which doesn't mean it's not there. My guess is it's part of how reworked thermals work, and they typically don't put descriptions for common debuff mechanics in character text (such as how tenacity down can't be resisted).

Thank you for the info, my main concern is that this is hidden from the average player. It would be nice if these types of hidden mechanics were already evident in the characters visible stats. We shouldn't have to go to a third party site to get this info.

• Yerff_Caasi
    736 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    they typically don't put descriptions for common debuff mechanics in character text (such as how tenacity down can't be resisted).

Wait, Tenacity Down can't be resisted?? I've been playing for over a year and a half and I didn't know that!

Another of those hidden mechanics the OP was asking about.
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • Options
    For reference, the Thermal change was originally announced in Patch Notes when it was released: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/78070/game-update-11-22-2016

I don’t think there is really a generalized mechanics/reference area in-game where it could be displayed, though that could be useful.
  • Options
    "A g7 jawa scavenger has about 3500 combined physical + special damage. Line in the Sand multiplies that combined value by .02 and adds to potency (as per swgoh.gg info). Which in a g7 adds around 70% potency."

Basically what this is saying is that Jawa Scavenger has a lot of potency you can't see on his stat list. That effects how you mod. I don't want to be modding toons for stats they don't need. Yes, I know Jawas suck.. That's not the point here

Is this common? To have certain stats be really high on characters not reflected in the base stat on the character's stat list in-game?

When you consider that you almost always have 5 characters involved with affecting the squads stats, it's pretty difficult to put something like this together.
  • Debuff
    224 posts Member
    Options
    Sidious zeta is a good example too. His health is based off potency so u need to pull out a calculator and do some qik maths to calaculate. Then this value can change depending on the leaders ability.

Diablo 3 came to mind when i read the OP

When you look at your stats you can see the true value after gear is equipped.

A battle log in game would be cool and actual values to health and protection would be nice