Gear 13 required for Relics?

If this is the case, that sucks.

Replies

• Options
    Because it’s just another paywall
  • Options
    Because its g14. But they dont want to say it.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Mousie wrote: »
    Because its g14. But they dont want to say it.

And 5min after g13 came out
  • Options
    I’m pretty sure it says that in the post
  • USAFmedic129
    1538 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    You need to obtain gear score 13, overcoming every year since launches gear crunch and fake monetized hurdles; then and only then a Jedi will you be. Then you will climb the new relic ladder which will require old unused gear culminating in the tip of the spear relic requiring zeta omega and GS13 gear to get it to green. /satire
  • Asifab
    140 posts Member
    Options
    First I’d like to say I totally understand that this is not a game to CG but a business. However with relics requiring G13 all they are doing is setting yet another pay wall. Most people don’t even have 1 G13 character, and of course the whales have 5+ at G13 already if not many more. G13 and the new Meta every 6 months is a large enough paywall for this game....CG stop creating new content in a game that only 1% of the player base can actually enjoy when it lands. They claim they will make gearing easier but I call **** there. You will still be lucky as a F2P player to get 1 toon to G12 in a months time, and yes I said G12. We all know HSTR just let’s us pile up the unless unneeded G12.5 pieces rather then giving out the pieces we actually need.

I really enjoy this game but they just keep making it harder and harder for a F2P person to be of any help to a guild during progression.

Enjoy keeping the 1% that pays for the game happy and when that is all that is playing watch how fast they lose interest.
  • Options
    Asifab wrote: »
    Most people don’t even have 1 G13 character, and of course the whales have 5+ at G13 already if not many more.
    End game players do and relics are probably designed for them.
    By the way, whales have 30-50+ G13, very efficient F2Ps are at 10+ at this point.
  • Options
    Most people don’t even have 1 G13 character, and of course the whales have 5+ at G13 already if not many more.

If you dont have at least 1 G13 by this stage you aren't playing the game competitively enough for this new change to affect you.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Lysandrax wrote: »

If you dont have at least 1 G13 by this stage you aren't playing the game competitively enough for this new change to affect you.

Or long enough. Mature account should have at least one G13 character at this point, it's not that hard to farm if they already had characters at 12+5, which is kinda expected.
  • Options
    You need to obtain gear score 13, overcoming every year since launches gear crunch and fake monetized hurdles; then and only then a Jedi will you be. Then you will climb the new relic ladder which will require old unused gear culminating in the tip of the spear relic requiring zeta omega and GS13 gear to get it to green. /satire

Is it really satire when you're just repeating what they say?
  • Options
    Honestly, we don't know enough about the relic system yet to even say it's a paywall. We have literally no information on how to obtain the relics so it's difficult to say whether it's a G14 in spirit or not. Also to the person who said F2P don't have a G13, I reject your notion sir. I have 3 so far and the only reason I don't have more is my investment in Negotiator. I'm definitely not a whale for sure and I spend very minimally. I don't have an issue with relics only affecting G13 at all. It should be endgame content and G13 is endgame content.
  • Asifab
    140 posts Member
    Options
    Exletion wrote: »
    Honestly, we don't know enough about the relic system yet to even say it's a paywall. We have literally no information on how to obtain the relics so it's difficult to say whether it's a G14 in spirit or not. Also to the person who said F2P don't have a G13, I reject your notion sir. I have 3 so far and the only reason I don't have more is my investment in Negotiator. I'm definitely not a whale for sure and I spend very minimally. I don't have an issue with relics only affecting G13 at all. It should be endgame content and G13 is endgame content.

If you have spent then you are not considered F2P, also if you honestly believe that relics are not a paywall when it requires G13 for the character you should learn what paywall means. I’ve got 1 G13 toon closing in on 2. However these relics will be just another step in making it worse for any F2P to compete. If you don’t think that CG plans to make money off those rocking a full G13 DR squad your crazy. This will just push more and more F2P further down the arena rankings and harder for them to help in TW and even win in GAC.
  • Options
    Exletion wrote: »

1) You not only play this game multiple times daily, but you also pay money for it, and you register and post on its online forum. That alone makes you part of a relatively small subgroup of players with a higher interest level in the product than the average player. Thus you're far more likely to have a G13 than the average player and your anecdotal experience is in no way reflective of the average player's experience or gear status.

2) "It should be endgame content." How exactly did you reach that conclusion? Why exactly should a large percentage of the player base be excluded, when relics could easily be made accessible to people with a lower gear level requirement and monetized as well? (Or accessible but with caps on relic development per gear level.)

Keep in mind that when this content was initially revealed, it was stated that it would allow us to make use of excess gear and enhance our characters in a unique way. At no point was it stated it would only apply to G13, which itself is endgame content, and which itself was implemented very recently. So why exactly should this be endgame content?

3) Relics could actually be FUN and add some strategy and diversity to the game if they were to be upgraded separately from the gear tier system, especially if they offered benefits somewhat different than those offered by the existing gear upgrade system.

I swear some people get so used to - even attached to - the status quo of this game that they get tunnel vision and fail to identify or care about actually having fun. You have 3 G13s. That's 3 relic candidates. Can you honestly not see the appeal of being able to upgrade the relics of ANY of your other characters if you like their relics, the benefits those relics offer, or even just the characters themselves and the prospect of making them more useful/interesting? Do you really want your relic options to be limited so severely? Is that fun?