Does Luke's Leader ability even help?

MegaRainbow
56 posts Member
edited April 2016
In GW I face a lot of Sidious and Dooku teams and since I don't have enough Jedi to get Yoda I thought I should run Luke lead to raise everyone's tenacity. First move happens, Dooku stuns Lumi and fives, follewed up by Sidious's AOE and I see only one resist by Poe. Please follow up, I only raised his leader ability to level 4 which should increase everyone by 33%.

Was I expecting too much?

Update: 20 April 16

I have Luke's leader ability up to level seven with his leader ability and still get stunned by RG and their Phasma AOE slowed everyone on my team. I have him as geared up as possible for now but still only level 72. Does his level help his leader ability? I don't think it should since it is supposed to apply to other toons but it hasn't shown itself to be very helpful yet. I'll keep everyone posted.
Post edited by MegaRainbow on

Replies

• Options
    Yup

Sid is everywhere

Yoda for the win
  • Toonny
    109 posts Member
    Options
    I have his leadership 6* before giving up on him. The resist just doesn't poc much for me neither. He doesn't work as a leader, and his spot is replaced by IG-86 sadly.

Raw power on offense is the better defense in current meta.

I have hope for him in the future though.
  • Options
    It isn't reliable but it definitely saved me a few times in GW.
  • Options
    I just don't see a difference whether he is leader or anyone else. I don't think it is working.
  • Toonny
    109 posts Member
    Options
    It works. I had one GW fight, and facing Doka, Dooku and RG. I just want to have some fun, and put Luke (I don't have Yoda) as leader, and got zero stun. I purposely tried not to kill Doka and Dooku and really no stun happened. And only one or two DOT from Sid's AOE.

So it does work. But not helping in Arena.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    It's not just his leadership ability that's hopeless. :(
  • Options
    This is more of a character feedback post.
  • Options
    In GW I face a lot of Sidious and Dooku teams and since I don't have enough Jedi to get Yoda I thought I should run Luke lead to raise everyone's tenacity. First move happens, Dooku stuns Lumi and fives, follewed up by Sidious's AOE and I see only one resist by Poe. Please follow up, I only raised his leader ability to level 4 which should increase everyone by 33%.

Was I expecting too much?

Expecting way too much. I have Luke 6 star and his leader is fairly upgraded. Never had it help
  • Options
    Luke, probably the 1 character most responsible for wasted Cantina energy in the game

I bet a lot of people on this board have a Luke Skywalker sitting on there bench

I know I do...
  • Options
    I was trying for a rebel team with an ackbar lead. The one thing I'll say for Luke is that he's better than Biggs... Worst waste of gw energy so far!
  • Options
    They need Jedi Luke, not " frontiersman Luke". A rifle? Really? I think he used a rifle once in the whole trilogy. Terrible toon!
    [LWI] | 298-352-583
  • Options
    Mo_liza wrote: »

Not really - he's asking a question about the leader ability and other's experiences with it. He's not providing feedback - he's asking for help if he should push it further than ability 4 or not and wants community assistance in making that decision. Feedback would be him making a declarative statement about the ability and making a suggestion of what it should do instead.
  • Yarzahn
    329 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Berimbolo wrote: »
    Luke, probably the 1 character most responsible for wasted Cantina energy in the game

I bet a lot of people on this board have a Luke Skywalker sitting on there bench

I know I do...

Me too, as he was available extremely early and i did not fancy geo soldier.
    Still, getting luke allowed me to bench my jawa at level 42. And while he's not impressive, he's quite tanky for the burst he packs, and because of that he does alright in GW.

He was an important stepping stone while farming better heroes from other places. But now he will forever sit at level 63.
  • Options
    Mo_liza wrote: »

Not really - he's asking a question about the leader ability and other's experiences with it. He's not providing feedback - he's asking for help if he should push it further than ability 4 or not and wants community assistance in making that decision. Feedback would be him making a declarative statement about the ability and making a suggestion of what it should do instead.
    Thank you.
  • Options
    I really hope the Jedi Luke is better. Not a fan of long gun Luke.
    Use the force Luke.... and get rid of that stupid musket.
  • Lianara
    740 posts Member
    Options
    I sometimes bring mine into GW to try and resist Sid / Dooku. Never works. At 33% tenacity plus 15% base tenacity every toon has, the chance should be pretty high of a successful resist. At least 50/50 ...
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Options
    Alastair wrote: »
    I was trying for a rebel team with an ackbar lead. The one thing I'll say for Luke is that he's better than Biggs... Worst waste of gw energy so far!

I 7 stared biggs tonight... Come on ship synergy!!!
  • Options
    Alastair wrote: »

biggs is also hard to gear 7 and unbelievable hard to gear 8. He is quite useless, until you try to kill dooku with Biggs.they could hit each other again and again. Quite funny.

• Options
    Still haven't seen much more resistance for my Fives yet. I really wanna make a team with Luke's leader now that Daka has a higher chance of stunning at level 76.
  • atDrammen
    47 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Lianara wrote: »
    I sometimes bring mine into GW to try and resist Sid / Dooku. Never works. At 33% tenacity plus 15% base tenacity every toon has, the chance should be pretty high of a successful resist. At least 50/50 ...

I thought tenacity is offset by opponent's potency, i.e. your 48% tenacity - attacking toon's 20% potency = 28% resist chance. Makes sense that Luke's tenacity up does not trigger that frequently.

Edit: spelling