GG blitz is it really balanced?

Is a team balanced which has speed advantage and one shots the current meta in first 5 seconds?
Basically T3 8% crit dmg gets to quad damage due to DR lead giving out 5-10 stacks to each member of debuffs (50 debuts increase critical damage by 400%). Basically the current meta leader DR beats the own team by himself and we have an AOE one shot fest - is this gameplay you are aiming for? Remember the full team is easy to obtain and good mods are neither required. Share your opinion!

GG blitz is it really balanced? 57 votes

Yes - its fun!
84%
Zombie961christopher152003Aycee1MetaslyNo_TryBlargwaharBauglirPuddis95Kitchkristian1311GlobuhlGifafiZaraosCarSickShoeNova44KyJoe_CoolKillbot5000yuuzhanronKrjstoffDarc 48 votes
No - its bad game design
15%
DaishivincentlondonDonkeyTeethBatFettTekkarEdorfGrandAdmiralBobXKurareXMullasNoxist 9 votes

Replies

• Options
    Yes - its fun!
    Is a team with a nearly unkillable God that does immense damage while being incredibly durable balanced?
  • Options
    No - its bad game design
    Jkr and padme beat it easily. Even with a mod disadvantage. Matter is in autoplay 5 second gameplay as described...it feels same cool gameplay as Anakin in jkr team or Anakin with ns in hsr p3 - a little broken. And btw just use savage after you bring Malak to 50%...done!
  • Options
    The word balance gets thrown around a lot in this game. It has a different meaning for everyone. There are lots of teams that can take out other teams in minimal time.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    Yes - its fun!
    It's fine. It can beat a Dralak team, but it can also be beaten by them and half a dozen other teams.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    Yes - its fun!
    Grievous was my first g13, DR my second. I've been having all sorts of fun.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    People want rock paper scissors until they have it.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

This is the most accurate statement I have read in a long time.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Its balanced because at G13 it isnt as easy to win.

G13 GG VS G12 DR and Malak isnt a fair matchup
  • Options
    Yes - its fun!

Thats what i was thinking.
    People complain until they have nothing to complain about... then they complain about the lack of things to complain about.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    that team literally beats almost nothing else and has a high fail rate.... It's fine
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    ZAP wrote: »

Completely disagree.

Must not read the forums much then.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    that team literally beats almost nothing else and has a high fail rate.... It's fine

Literally almost nothing else?

I used it in this TW to beat something else. Didn't even lose anything.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options

Awesome sample size !!!!

Lol u got me i just saw GW yeah i guess it beats g8 lumanara leads lol
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options

Awesome sample size !!!!

Lol u got me i just saw GW yeah i guess it beats g8 lumanara leads lol

OK. If you want to not utilize your roster effectively that's your call.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    XKurareX wrote: »
    Is a team balanced which has speed advantage and one shots the current meta in first 5 seconds?

Is a team that is meta ever balanced seeying as it's apparantly better than everyting else ingame at a certain point in time?
    For me i'm fine with pretty much everything as long as it can be defeated reasonably consistandly with a team consisting out of different characters, roughly equally modded and geared. Both the current meta and the GG team are fine by that standard.
    That being said, having a lot of "cheese" counters that can relatively easy beat the meta teams definately has it's downsides. Having arena turn into the refresh-olympics because everyone can cheese their way to #1 would suck, even if it meant more diversity. So eventhough i'm fine with GG at the moment on principle, if there are too many teams like that i personally wouldn't like it.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Run correctly, gg droids are a great theory crafted team that take advantage of the Sith empire's only weakness.

It's also not a hard counter. Sith empire can easily beat it on attack. This is a non-issue.
  • Krjstoff
    634 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Yes - its fun!
    Doesn't matter ... I beat these teams with my DR/Malak team every day. Heck, I even target them to avoid having to check speeds and mods on the enemy DR/Malak team.

Despite having an ultra competitive arena shard, there is not a single GG Nuke team, that beats me on defense. Because GG doesn't start with this crawling-move but uses the AOE first time he gets, he doesn't have enough punch to OHKO anything on my team on his first attack.

Once GG gets to go again, I have usually lost 1-2 toons and cleared 2-3 enemy droids so even if T3 is still alive, the amount of debuffs are not high enough for GG to clear my team. Worst case I end up with Malak left vs. a GG without protection. Guess how that goes...

Often I manage to get rid of T3 or GG earlier on, and then it could just as well have been ewoks or jawas for the rest of the match.
  • Options
    Yes - its fun!
    Are you seriously asking if a cheese composition that beats one specific team and loses against all others is unbalanced?

Figure it out, mate.