Mix and match mod penalty

Can there be a penalty for mix and matching mods? So many scrubs in my shard have a random 2 set besides the speed set because each mod has 20+ speed on them. A dude with 2.7m gp had some ridiculous luck with his speed secondaries it caused another shard mate with close to double his GP to quit.

Tl:Dr this speed meta is stale and rng should not be the determinant whether you can top arena

Full disclosure I use the above strategy because it's the only way for me to remotely compete. Little I can do against aforementioned scrub with a 335 Malak

Replies

• Kitch
    171 posts Member
    Options
    Cheers for the chuckle
  • Options
    Scrub =/= owner of a 335 malak
  • Options
    That kind of Franken-slotting currently is the only flexibility we have. They need to make more characters like GG and Nest who benefit more from other stats. I don’t see it happening since it will make them more money to have peeps playing the slots within a contrived meta
  • Options
    Lol. Almost 5 million Gp player quitting because somebody had a good speed mod. Too funny.
  • Options
    When you invested 1000s of dollars into this game as a whale with 5 million gp and can't get the benefit of a few good speed secondary mods and constantly lose against a scrub whose only complete g12 teams were JKR and DR then come talk to me.

And it wasn't just 1 player it was multiple players. I'm just highlighting the most egregious example.
  • Options
    Scrub =/= owner of a 335 malak

So rng luck with mods constitutes a competent player?
  • Options
    Penalty for mix and matching mods? These posts are getting more ridiculous with every day
  • Options
    Penalty for mix and matching mods? These posts are getting more ridiculous with every day

So the speed meta is something you're on board with?
    That kind of Franken-slotting currently is the only flexibility we have. They need to make more characters like GG and Nest who benefit more from other stats. I don’t see it happening since it will make them more money to have peeps playing the slots within a contrived meta

This
  • Options
    The penalty is that you lose the set bonus for those mods.
    I don’t see anything changing with mods.
  • Options
    kello_511 wrote: »

Don't think the penalty is steep enough personally. You should lose all set bonuses for exploiting the secondary speed meta.
  • Options
    searodge wrote: »

I don't think these 2 topics are connected really. What has mix and matching mods to do with speed metas? If you have a mod that doesn't fit set wise but has great secondaries then you should be able to use it. Who cares what set it is? You lose the set bonus but have good secondaries instead, so there's pros and cons. I don't see any problems here, or how that is related to speed sets.

That said, I would indeed prefer a more diverse meta when it comes to mods as Pariah mentioned above. But I'm not completely against the speed meta. I'd be ok with it staying the way it is but I'd prefer something else for sure.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    ZAP wrote: »

Certainly not a ridiculous post. I’d say the game is far more ridiculous than the post.

However, good luck to you playing nobody in the future when the game finally pushes its best players out.

It's been doing that since launch though. And yet here we all are.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options

I am on board with it.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    Lol. Almost 5 million Gp player quitting because somebody had a good speed mod. Too funny.

Salty whale
  • Options

Don't think the penalty is steep enough personally. You should lose all set bonuses for exploiting the secondary speed meta.

Yes yes yes!!!!! you should lose all speed bonus from your mods, even if your using 6 speed set mods you should be penalized for not making a second complete set with your 5th and 6th mod. I'm in board where do we sign up for the protest?
  • Options
    I’ve solved it.
    Just remove speed secondaries from mods altogether.
  • Options

Yes yes yes!!!!! you should lose all speed bonus from your mods, even if your using 6 speed set mods you should be penalized for not making a second complete set with your 5th and 6th mod. I'm in board where do we sign up for the protest?

So this is a joke, but I think your comment might have legit gotten me to agree.