How did the Cody infinite loop work?

We just got a post saying they're scaling back Echo's basic because it allowed an infinite loop. Anyone care to explain how it worked?

I assume you set up a particular character as weakest to get Echo's TM boost. Cody and CS1 both gain a lot of TM using their basic. But I'm not seeing how to get things to add up to a loop.

Replies

• Options
    I'm assuming if Echo boosted Cody before he used his basic and enough crits were landed with the mass attack, it'd give Cody another 100%
    And then he could mass attack again
  • Options
    It wasn't an infinite loop, it was a too-much-TM-gain-for-Cody-and-we-don't-like-that loop.
    Basically they forgot to QA how the new clone kits would interact with Cody until we brought it up yesterday. Another bang-up job.
  • Drepd
    130 posts Member
    Options
    It wasn't an infinite loop, it was a too-much-TM-gain-for-Cody-and-we-don't-like-that loop.
    Basically they forgot to QA how the new clone kits would interact with Cody until we brought it up yesterday. Another bang-up job.

they stated that he could get more than 100% tm.

so that is kinda a loop only impacted by rng of who goes next if others also had 100%. if no one else had 100% then he would loop in those situations for sure
  • crzydroid
    7332 posts Moderator
    Options
    I counted up to 95% tm just from a quick read-through under Chirpa lead; didn't dive deep in to check for other sources. They may have not mentioned all possible characters for the >100% case. They also mentioned Han Solo, which as far as I can tell is only keeping the enemy under 100% so Cody can get more on his basic.
  • Options
    When Cody uses his mass attack, does he attack with his basic? I guess that would do it. Echo would attack twice (once from the mass attack, once assisting Cody's basic). If all 50% went to Cody, and he can get 60% from his own attack.

I thought it would be something to do with CS1 getting 50% from attacking (calling echo), then 50% from the cody special, and somehow Cody gets enough that he and CS1 keep going back and forth. But it wasn't adding up.
  • Options
    Cody Lead (make him weakest GR), Echo, Rex, Fives, SRP. Mod everyone 100% crit chance. Topple Traya in P3. Hit auto. Win.

Because there is no setup required you can also use it in PvP in many cases, modified however you need based on your opponent.
  • Options
    Cody Lead (make him weakest GR), Echo, Rex, Fives, SRP. Mod everyone 100% crit chance. Topple Traya in P3. Hit auto. Win.

Because there is no setup required you can also use it in PvP in many cases, modified however you need based on your opponent.

Just mod everyone to 100% critical chance super easy no set up required.

The set bonus gives 24% plus 20% from a cc triangle so u only need another 56% cc from your other 5 mods secondaries to get to 100%.
  • Options
    If you have 30 maxed out critical chance set mods with (5)+8.77% cc secondaries it might be possible but even then that team is going to be really really slow for pvp...

Anyways clones are trash imo. I beat a g13 clone team with a g8 team already... not saying who because it would get nerfed... I learned from mistakes of others.
  • Options

The set bonus gives 24% plus 20% from a cc triangle so u only need another 56% cc from your other 5 mods secondaries to get to 100%.

44% from mod set and primaries, 30% from Cody lead (25% if no zeta), 20% from echo unique. Even with no zeta you are at 89% without secondaries or the base crit chance of the characters themselves. Modding to 100% crit chance is cake.
  • Options
    Cody lead is +30%. Echo unique is +20%. Suddenly, not looking so tough.
  • Options

44% from mod set and primaries, 30% from Cody lead (25% if no zeta), 20% from echo unique. Even with no zeta you are at 89% without secondaries or the base crit chance of the characters themselves. Modding to 100% crit chance is cake.

U right... they can get over 100% I forgot about echo, but that team is still so slow I doubt it has any real pvp use, definitely not holding any arena ranks but it may do well in raids.

I've fought a few top 100 clones and it wasn't very impressive...they have already disappeared from the ladder
  • Options
    To be fair, the update with the loop didn't go through. So we don't know how good they would have been.
  • Options
    Can you believe how poorly thought out this rework is
  • Options

Exactly what we spoke about before the changes before release.
    The fact they went straight back to the old basic on echo shows how little imagination and care they have.