Fives Unique Zeta with paper trooper strategy.

Currently I have Rex/Fives/Echo all at 7 star... Rex and Fives are gear 12+0 and 12+3 respectively. Echo is lvl 1 gear 1....

After reading over Fives Unique Zeta, As I see it has two uses... 1) Force a human opponent to kill fives first when you use the squad on defense. 2)With RNG have the AI supercharge your squad(by the AI killing a CT other then fives, when used on offense.

I assume that human players will quickly learn to kill fives first if he has the zeta, but it does not mean the zeta is useless on defense as it means they have kill fives first. The AI might also be programed to target a zeta fives first.

Anyway onto the strategy...

Fives G13 (build with speed/offense/protection/health)
Rex G12
Echo low gear/level 70 (or what every level needed to take skills to level 7)....

Echo with that build should die to first AOE... activating Fives' Unique zeta.
-Rex will gain Fives' stats.
-Echo will gain Fives' stats. IMO a Gear 8 echo with a gear 13 fives stats added would be far stronger then a gear 13 echo.

IMO Rex+Echo with these boosted stats would be far more deadly then Rex/Echo/Fives all at gear 13.

This strategy would become even more power if they release addition 501st clone troopers. You would lose fives but what would remain would be 4 super powered clones with 400+speed and double the offense.

This does seem to go in the face to make it beneficial to gear up toons, as it is to your benefit to keep one 501st clone low gear.

Replies

• Options
    Uhoh lol
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    sigh, I was going to post a "paper X clone" thing on the rework page now you get the credit lol
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Anything with "paper" in its name is no strategy, but only exploiting a defective game design. Now that the problem is published, I smell another rework incoming.
  • Options
    Considering this "paper" strat (and I do consider it strategy) requires a zeta... would be nice to know it won't be Nerf-ed in a week before adding said zeta. @CG_SBCrumb
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    CadoaBane wrote: »
    Anything with "paper" in its name is no strategy, but only exploiting a defective game design. Now that the problem is published, I smell another rework incoming.

Strategy is strategy. If the game allows it, it's not cheating just because you don't like it.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    Jarvind wrote: »
    CadoaBane wrote: »

Strategy is strategy. If the game allows it, it's not cheating just because you don't like it.

I didn't call it cheating. But it doesn't count as a strategy in this game for the reason already stated by the devs as well, when there was the "paper zombie" : you can't ungear characters and that wouldn't be in the spirit of the game.
  • Options
    Fives’ ability is so stupid. So poorly thought out and rushed
  • Options
    Cardiff0 wrote: »

Hope this gets exploited and leads to a change
  • Options

That is the point of this thread.... For someone to zeta fives and exploit it... So I can see if CG lets it go or changes it.... Would be annoying if you zeta and gear fives only to have CG to come along and change things.

• Robomechazoid
    87 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Fives is pretty tanky tho. Best if u just keep the 3 alive. Paper imo doesn't work in this case, cuz killing fives once should be harder than killing paper, and then heavier stock paper.

Also fives has another zeta that gives TM when allies are hit.
  • Options
    Vice_torn wrote: »

That is the point of this thread.... For someone to zeta fives and exploit it... So I can see if CG lets it go or changes it.... Would be annoying if you zeta and gear fives only to have CG to come along and change things.

Well the zeta will probly be a good investment whatever happens, and as for the gear, 12 will probly be sufficient for a massive boost