Poe/Han combo under Ackbar

LaLiam
1589 posts Member
I'm considering a team of Ackbar(L),Han,Poe,HRS, and either Rey,Ben or Biggs in the fifth spot...
Does anyone have any thoughts on this team or has anyone trialed or is using something similar?
{RotE}

Replies

• Options
    Why would you run two taunting tanks? Seems like a waste on defence.
  • Options
    :disappointed:
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    Nutteralex wrote: »

Well, QG can only remove one taunt, though thanks for imput
    {RotE}
  • Irrlicht
    471 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    LaLiam wrote: »

Well, QG can only remove one taunt, though thanks for imput
    O.K., but there should be someone who deals damage. QGJ can also kill 1 of your damage dealers (DD) before you taunt. And since you have 3 protective characters with little damage, there will be only one DD left to kill enemies what is definitely not enough. That's how things are from my perspective.
    I really like tanks and taunt strategy: I have 7* Chewie and 7* ST Han, both 70 lvl; right after QGJ I'm gonna start farming Poe. Hope we will see meta in future where tanks will be viable; if not, I still enjoy having them. But so far speed means more than taunt and if you have plenty of really quick characters, you don't need tank with taunt.

Edited:And if your fifth spot is Ben... Imagine: QGJ downs HR Scout before Poe taunts. The only Plan B you have for this occasion is the Han's skill of the same name, but there is little sense out of it. Asajj heals herself faster with her ordinary attack than you can damage her with all four your heroes left.
  • Options
    Irrlicht wrote: »

Edited:And if your fifth spot is Ben... Imagine: QGJ downs HR Scout before Poe taunts. The only Plan B you have for this occasion is the Han's skill of the same name, but there is little sense out of it. Asajj heals herself faster with her ordinary attack than you can damage her with all four your heroes left.

It is almost a sure thing that if you are controlling the team, QGJ either dies before he can attack (unless he has RG with him) or one of your tanks got pushed to taunt. Rebels are faster than Jedi for now. That scenario can happen even on defense, though it is more likely the tanks get pushed to taunt than both HRS and another attack QGJ.
  • Options
    Tried just quoting a portion...the post above is my words not a mis-quote from Irrlicht.
  • Options
    HR Scout is faster, but is he able to one-shot QGJ? While QGJ is very likely to kill HR Scout in his very first move if he is lucky with assist.
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    HRS by himself will not be able to one shot, but the team is built on gaining TM rather than one shots; Ackbar(L),Han,HRS,Biggs,Ben... I'd replace Poe for biggs as im interested in how his unique works.

I could also do Ackbar(L),Han,Poe,HRS,GS; so many options.
    {RotE}
  • Options

GS and HRS under Ackbar lead are very cool. What is more important: both of them will go before second move of QGJ and first move (taunt) of ST Han. It means that before STH taunts QGJ will be 90% dead (unless Dooku succeeded to stun GS). So the question changes to "what for do you need second taunt in team (Poe)?" Take Rey or any other damage dealer and increase your DPS.
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    Irrlicht wrote: »

GS and HRS under Ackbar lead are very cool. What is more important: both of them will go before second move of QGJ and first move (taunt) of ST Han. It means that before STH taunts QGJ will be 90% dead (unless Dooku succeeded to stun GS). So the question changes to "what for do you need second taunt in team (Poe)?" Take Rey or any other damage dealer and increase your DPS.

with the cap going up soon(weeks/months- still soon), i want to try and protect from QG jedi teams, if i swapped out Poe for Rey, she's quick but not quick enough- maybe if Ackbar,Han,HRS and GS are left with Han taunting, that could be devastating. I don't want to become reliant on the bug however,
    {RotE}
  • Options
    maybe if Ackbar,Han,HRS and GS are left with Han taunting, that could be devastating.
    I'm very sure it will. And another tank is not the winner. If you don't want one more damage dealer, think about Dooku as an alternative. Your team is all about speed, so Dooku will be good in it as well.
    I'm still sure that the only second tank who might be good for this team is RG, but even though I prefer Rey/FOTP/Biggs/Resistance Pilot/your own QGJ. Another damage dealer is a good addition to Ackbar's "Tactical Genius". The more attacking characters you have, the better chance to have good assist for GS/Biggs/QGJ skills. All this factors increase your DPS potential sufficiently.
    Anyway, you to decide.
  • Blankenshipbro
    132 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    He runs two tanks because ST Han works good with another tank. If you want to sacrifice the other tank I suggest adding a healer. 2 good healers is a must for a team that runs ST Han. As long as you take out QGJ in the first round before he can debuff ST Han'so taunt it is smooth sailing.
  • Options
    I have seen this done in arena, it is only successful if you have leia. It is basically built around leia stealth right away then taunt with Han and Poe then Ben reducing damage and Han feeding Leia's turn meter and her killing everyone with multiple attacks.

It can work if you are not used to fighting this team, but once you learn to kill Han before he taunts and ability block Ben or use yoda with battle meditation it becomes an easy win since they don't have enough dps.
  • Hauzer
    147 posts Member
    Options
    If you have AA and Han you are gonna need either 3 DPS or maybe 2 and something like Ben or Poggle
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    Hauzer wrote: »
    If you have AA and Han you are gonna need either 3 DPS or maybe 2 and something like Ben or Poggle

I can put in Ackbar,Han and Ben- but what other two make it viable in squad Arena against QG teams?
    {RotE}
  • Options
    If you are dedicated to both Han and Poe, then you need 3 strong attackers and no AA. Otherwise, drop Poe and go more Rebels.
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • Hauzer
    147 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hauzer wrote: »

I can put in Ackbar,Han and Ben- but what other two make it viable in squad Arena against QG teams?

Probably HRS and Rey, you will want as much damage as possible probably without relying on assist attacks since Ben/AA/Han you don't really want to assist

I believe that Han's taunt at 144 speed will effectively bring Ben up to just after that speed to give his offense down/ability block and turn meter reduction, also Rey would be at 143 and HRS would be at 166 so you can hopefully stun or kill someone liek QGJ/GS.. he can potentially STun, attack again, and give your whole team 25% turn meter(all that is not likely) at which point Han should taunt and you would probably just slaughter them. The biggest idea with Ben is too get them to have offense down and beat on Han with low damage, giving your whole team more and more turn meter

Haven't tried it, but I will once I get Ben
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    You're right, at both lvl 70 and 80, Poe will have max speed of 142 and 144, but Han will have 144 and 151; if he taunts and gives 30% turnmeter that will give Ben 146 speed at both 70/80. Ben moving before Poe with a Han taunt... Kinda crazy
    {RotE}