Championship Event points ALSO wrong STILL!

Prev1
Mun
10 posts Member
Well, apparently the bug is beyond lifetime points and still affects event points.

Replies

• Mun
    10 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Probably another wipe.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Did you read the dev comment at all?
  • Mun
    10 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    You referring to the Hotfix update? That was suppose to address lifetime score, but now we have the same bug from last time still in play.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options
    I totally read the thread title in the "hide yo' kids" voice
  • Mun
    10 posts Member
    Options
    ie07pwy7301a.jpg
  • Options
    Mun wrote: »
    ie07pwy7301a.jpg

haha I just posted the same thing, that guy with 1400 has well, an interesting roster makeup.
  • Bigbearxba
    250 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    We got another impossible score in division 4 now. And another questionable lineup.

Edit: now one in division 10 as well
  • Options
    This was supposedly due to unclaimed win bonuses from the previous GAC and it was supposedly fixed. Supposedly.
  • Bigbearxba
    250 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    This was supposedly due to unclaimed win bonuses from the previous GAC and it was supposedly fixed. Supposedly.

Seems more likely to me that it’s a hack that lets you auto finish feats. Which basically permanently ruins the integrity of GAC if it exists. Sure, you have **** like the ones now making it obvious. But other, more intelligent, players could easily “finish” 5-6 feats throughout a round without people noticing.

It seems like more than a coincidence that each of the people with impossible scores so far have very strangely weak rosters for the rest of their division. These people probably COULD NOT have finished the feats in the previous GACs. Without cheating that is.
  • Mun
    10 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, rosters are def suspicious. Also the max points that can be on the board before the round starts at this point is 585, but i see 600s and 800s everywhere. a9cfdhzrkbr6.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah, rosters are def suspicious. Also the max points that can be on the board before the round starts at this point is 585, but i see 600s and 800s everywhere. a9cfdhzrkbr6.jpg

You can get those points from completing fleet arena feat and also more points for setting more defence for higher divisions
  • Options
    Also the max points that can be on the board before the round starts at this point is 585, but i see 600s and 800s everywhere. a9cfdhzrkbr6.jpg

That actually is not correct. Divisions 1 and 2 (and maybe 3) can set more teams on defense so their max points (with the fleet feat) are higher. Those scores in that screenshot are legit.
  • Mun
    10 posts Member
    Options
    Ahhh right forgot about that. I rescind my complaint.
  • Options
    One of these things just doesn't belong,
    Can you tell which thing is not like the others?
    s01p4mbn5cqy.png
  • CadoaBane
    563 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    This is just ridiculous. And look at that roster...9woap7kkas0h.png
    Post edited by CadoaBane on
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Roster has nothing to do with scores at this stage in the event.

Official statement in the works, it seems to be WAI.
  • Options
    Lucky buggers got a bye with full clear points plus the 1000 for winning
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Hi Holotable Heroes,

We’ve seen reports of scoring issues with the Championship Leaderboard. After a quick investigation, we determined these are valid scores and are due to players who received a bye in their round. Players who receive a bye are immediately granted the full possible score for completing that round (based on division) plus the 1000 points for winning.

We have seen some cases where the points for winning can come a bit later if a player logged out immediately but we are monitoring for any issues with the Grand Arena Championship Leaderboard.

Please let us know if you see anything else suspicious. Thank you!

-Crumb

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/212584/grand-arena-championship-score-issues#latest
  • Options
    So it’s just a coincidence that each of the people showing up with “bye” points have hilariously terrible rosters for their divisions? Rosters that have ZERO chance of winning a single match in their division without cheating. Granted, small sample size so far. But still...why are they getting the bye? If you are giving byes in any well run “tournament” the best teams get them. Not the hilariously terrible.
  • Options
    Okay, I'll bite....how does a player get an "auto-win-it-all" ("bye") in a Championship event? That makes less sense than a bug.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Okay, I'll bite....how does a player get an "auto-win-it-all" ("bye") in a Championship event? That makes less sense than a bug.

I will go back and find it, they discussed byes happening in one of the post, maybe back in GA.

With no cross division matching, it would have increased its likelihood.

Bigbearxba wrote: »
    So it’s just a coincidence that each of the people showing up with “bye” points have hilariously terrible rosters for their divisions? Rosters that have ZERO chance of winning a single match in their division without cheating. Granted, small sample size so far. But still...why are they getting the bye? If you are giving byes in any well run “tournament” the best teams get them. Not the hilariously terrible.

3 (2 more) players in that group will get one, it means it's a group of 7.

Yes it seems more likely they would end up with the lowest grouping in the bracket would be the ones without a match, since they removed cross division matching.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Yes it seems more likely they would end up with the lowest grouping in the bracket would be the ones without a match, since they removed cross division matching.

That explanation is just an indictment of the tournament being poorly organized.

Also, please explain the math. 1909 difference between the bye team in divisions 3 and 4 and the second place team. That makes sense they would be the same. 815 difference between the bye team in division 5 and 2nd place. Again, makes sense in relation to the other two as fewer teams are placed so fewer points for getting O points from a bye.

So why does the point difference in division 7 jump to 1721. Doesn’t seem to make sense. Especially sense the difference drops back down to 856 in division 10 (which maybe is too high as well if division 5 was 815 but maybe that’s a fleet feat issue)?

I’m sorry. But the bye explanation doesn’t ring true.
  • Options
    I would also be highly interested in getting to know how and why people in this game can "receive a bye" at all. I've never seen a note about the existence of something like this anywhere before.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    So wait...let me get this straight. The best chance to maximize your score and win this Championship event is to be one of the worst in your own division and hope that the number of players in your division isn't evenly divisible by 8? Seriously?

TL;DR Highest score possible is handed to the worst players in each division based on RNG...and them not actually competing.

Correct me if I'm wrong - that sounds extremely contradictory to the spirit of a "championship".

Please tell me I'm missing something.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • sigsig
    237 posts Member
    Options
    Grouping Edge Cases: In the instance that the number of participating players is not divisible by 8, we create 8 person groups starting with the strongest collections to the weakest collections. The final two groups are then split such that both groups have 4 or more players. For example, if there are 9 players between the final 2 groups, they will have 5 and 4 players respectively.

Byes: In the instance of an odd number of players in a group, one player will receive a bye each round. Matchmaking continues to try to match players based on wins, but that will not always be possible

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/189068/title-update-14-12-4-2018
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    So wait...let me get this straight. The best chance to maximize your score and win this Championship event is to be one of the worst in your own division and hope that the number of players in your division isn't evenly divisible by 8? Seriously?

TL;DR Highest score possible is handed to the worst players in each division based on RNG...and them not actually competing.

Correct me if I'm wrong - that sounds extremely contradictory to the spirit of a "championship".

Please tell me I'm missing something.

You are missing a lot.. Mainly in the form of 6e Materials, and Zeta Materials.. you know from all of the cancelled matches, the cheats you have had to report (at least they are attempting to make right those issues), but at some point I would think maybe we could just go back to the old Grand Arena, it was fine and an extra mode I didn't care so much when it didn't work. Claiming that this is "championship" is a joke.
  • Options
    sigsig wrote: »
    Grouping Edge Cases: In the instance that the number of participating players is not divisible by 8, we create 8 person groups starting with the strongest collections to the weakest collections. The final two groups are then split such that both groups have 4 or more players. For example, if there are 9 players between the final 2 groups, they will have 5 and 4 players respectively.

Byes: In the instance of an odd number of players in a group, one player will receive a bye each round. Matchmaking continues to try to match players based on wins, but that will not always be possible

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/189068/title-update-14-12-4-2018

Thank you for that info, I must have overseen it!
    But seems like a very bad solution to me. A much better that comes to mind spontaniously would be: instead of giving such a player a bye, the system could use or generate some kind of test account matching more or less that player's gp. Script it to set auto-defense and thereby allow the player to play normally without being attacked, which would still be an advantage.
  • Unlimitedpowar
    149 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    It’s a coincidence that if you look the first in those divisions they are many times the points of other they don’t even have a gear10 char and if you click the second in those division you will see gear12 and gear13;I am not suprised anymore with anything.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Bigbearxba wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

That explanation is just an indictment of the tournament being poorly organized.

Also, please explain the math. 1909 difference between the bye team in divisions 3 and 4 and the second place team. That makes sense they would be the same. 815 difference between the bye team in division 5 and 2nd place. Again, makes sense in relation to the other two as fewer teams are placed so fewer points for getting O points from a bye.

So why does the point difference in division 7 jump to 1721. Doesn’t seem to make sense. Especially sense the difference drops back down to 856 in division 10 (which maybe is too high as well if division 5 was 815 but maybe that’s a fleet feat issue)?

I’m sorry. But the bye explanation doesn’t ring true.

Any difference in points is likely due to someone completing feats.

This tournament style is an interesting choice, but by no means a poor design for a tournament, they didnt make this up, it is a style that is used elsewhere.
  • Options
    Suggestion for future gac:
    Instead of give those players a free (and max points) win, just duplicate their roster and let it autodeploy random teams. It will be a fair match and still a safe win because the "opponent" won't attack.
    At least the player will get to play and likely won't score max pts.

realised someone else already suggested something very simillar as i'm writing. Anyway, good ideas may shared twice :)