GAC matchmaking based on exhibition performance, rather than random

My current GAC matchup (also in the cancelled one) is really tough, everyone has DR/Malak. In the exhibitions I was miles ahead of my matchups, most of whom didn’t have JKR let alone DR. Division 3 in general is that way and not everyone has Malak. So why am I matched up with people who have malak when they are the minority?

There must be some way they are matching you with similar opponents, the most likely being that they are using the data from exhibitions.

Replies

• Options
    Cardiff0 wrote: »
    My current GAC matchup (also in the cancelled one) is really tough, everyone has DR/Malak. In the exhibitions I was miles ahead of my matchups, most of whom didn’t have JKR let alone DR. Division 3 in general is that way and not everyone has Malak. So why am I matched up with people who have malak when they are the minority?

There must be some way they are matching you with similar opponents, the most likely being that they are using the data from exhibitions.

There are a lot more malaks because the event just ran again.... I’m in division 7 facing them...
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Round 2 matches will be based on round 1 performance. Furthermore matches are based on leagues which later in this GAC will have a significant impact.

It's all good.
  • Options
    FartBoss wrote: »
    Cardiff0 wrote: »

There are a lot more malaks because the event just ran again.... I’m in division 7 facing them...

The people I was facing in exhibitions didn’t even have JKR or malak, that’s not it.
    Waqui wrote: »
    Round 2 matches will be based on round 1 performance. Furthermore matches are based on leagues which later in this GAC will have a significant impact.

It's all good.

Sorry, not sure what you’re saying here.

There hasn’t been a round yet since the last GAC was an exhibition, so matchmaking should be random
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    The problem with using any sort of historical data from outside of the current event is roster growth and development. There can be (either natural or artificial) jumps in development that could really cancel out past performance.