Early Relic view

I threw this on reddit to see if I was missing anything & had some interesting feedback, suggestions & fixes - wanted to see if we could figure out the system based on what we have to a reasonable degree.

So, being a sad data scientist I couldn't help but wonder what the rate of increase may be & as to if we can extrapolate off the two samples we have. One for the agile attacker & the other for the Strength tank.

NOTE - Slight revision, I included a decay rate in my view & noticed it wasn't fitting a curve (which I'd expect it to). (this one I've also updated the increases) - this view actually makes it look a little stronger on the last tier.

un1rt4lnur8m.jpg

In both cases we can assume (for now) the gains would be similar for like for like character types.

For a start, let's look at count Dooku. Agile attacker appears to give a mix of crit chance, crit damage & flat physical offense

We have 2 levels of Relics shown.

Level 2 & level 3, and levels 6-7 with Zeb.

3/4 seems to show a 50% increase from level 2, which I'd guess is a smaller increases from 1-2. When looking at Zeb, many of his increases are lower proportionately. This may be the result of his class - but the damage related ones from the look of it are linked to STR & not his class.

These we get a 16% increase from 6 - 7. Using this logic I've extrapolated (using quick napkin maths) what roughly I'd expect the different tiers to look like.

TLDR Version - I expect tier 7 relics to yield a 100%+ damage increase, which in PVP will be off-set by a significant increase in defense (mostly) - but will make all existing PVE content outside of GeoTB utterly trivial. Which makes me assume that a new raid will be dropped along with this new tier level.

Key notes really are that you can boost an individuals damage by 30%+ with a smallish investment (according to the blog) however you need to get to g13.

Replies

• SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    New raid! New raid! New raid!
  • Options
    SemiGod wrote: »
    New raid! New raid! New raid!
    It's optimistic, but if what I've figured out is correct, it will trivialize the already somewhat easy hSith. Only phase 3/4 of GeoTB will still present even a remote challenge for PVE content.

A new raid tuned around this new gear would also make sense, as it's easy to bleed the PVP focused whales with new characters, PVE focused whales have yet to see a spending carrot. This would be it.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    b89p1s7rzll3.jpeg
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • elmarko1234
    165 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Additional - very quick estimate of relic cost (to max out)

7l2xjcowbp7m.jpg

It's based off the fact we know how much the chromium transistors cost - we also know how much we get per salvage part for rares or very rare gear (30 for Kyro or 6 for a standard orange/purple).

The total cost of one of the three tiers of items required for the third tier is 900 total (for 20 of them x45) - as we can see a higher tier needs 7 items we can assume each tier adds a new item with a higher cost.

By this logic, if we assume each tier is 50% higher (50% lower for lower tiers) the costs look as per below.

First couple of characters can be pumped high quick From that point onwards progress will be slow but whales could pump out the higher tiers quicker. Apr £360 per character to max out. This is very rough guess based on what we can see.