Ship parts!

dimi4a
1558 posts Member
How about a new feature - ship parts? They will basically act as character mods with each ship having one or more slot(s) for parts that like mods can boost different stats of the ship.

Replies

• Options
    Seeing how controversial mods are, how about no?
  • Options
    If they'd add a 'mod' type upgrade for ships, it would be about who gets the best speed rolls all over again.
    I don't mind mods as they are now, but I don't miss another update that solely relies on how many refreshes can you afford daily for another fifth type of energy or an already existing one.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    The best thing about ships is they don't have mods. Take this idea and set it on fire.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    Ya I'm not up for another farm to grind.
  • Options
    dimi4a wrote: »
    AntiFunn wrote: »
    Seems like a good idea for a future update tho.

They will mostly add some new ships to at the very least diversify this current pool a lil bit. But the end result will mostly be the same as Arena right now and result in even MOOOORE gear grinds on top of this new Relic nonsense.
    If they'd add a 'mod' type upgrade for ships, it would be about who gets the best speed rolls all over again.
    I don't mind mods as they are now, but I don't miss another update that solely relies on how many refreshes can you afford daily for another fifth type of energy or an already existing one.
    Jarvind wrote: »
    The best thing about ships is they don't have mods. Take this idea and set it on fire.
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    Ya I'm not up for another farm to grind.

But ships are stale right now and we need something new to make them interesting again!

Agree. I just don't think another mod farm would make it interesting. Releasing 3 or 4 capital ships at once would make it interesting. Force people to make a choice instead of releasing one at a time and have everyone work on the same capital ship.
  • Options
    dimi4a wrote: »
    But ships are stale right now and we need something new to make them interesting again!

New ships and a Ship raid would solve this. The idea of adding mods to ships make me violently ill... adding another grind on top of Gear 13, Gear 14 - 20 in the form of relics, and a new meta soon is just too much
  • Options
    this was the idea when ships were released but they discarded it and replaced it with reinforcement abilities instead. that doesn't mean it can't find it's way back in, though.