TB officers control

Tiig
296 posts Member
Can we PLEEEEEASE have 3 QoL updates:
1) Ability to set orders which will be automatically activated on commencement of next phase (really important if you are in a 3am timezone for phase changes), including prior to Phase 1
2) Ability to set orders on each individual platoon/squad
3) Ability to set them orders which prevent members disobeying and doing Rogue actions.

These things would make management of a week long TB soooooo much easier on the officers, particularly in guilds where members are spread throughout the world.

Thanks

Replies

• Options
    1 is already in place. Unless I'm misunderstanding the request. As soon as TB opens you can set orders and lock things in all zones.

3 is something CG has said no to more than once. They don't want anyone having absolute control over the way another person interacts with the game.
  • Tiig
    296 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    1 is already in place. Unless I'm misunderstanding the request. As soon as TB opens you can set orders and lock things in all zones.

3 is something CG has said no to more than once. They don't want anyone having absolute control over the way another person interacts with the game.

You are misunderstanding. You can set orders for a locked zone in advance, but if (like my guild) we're not yet big enough to get at least 2 stars in a territory, it is more efficient to bank some TP in a territory, but not get a star and leave it so it is still open at the start of the next phase. The orders we place when we are 'banking' TP forward into that zone without getting the first star, are different from the orders when the phase changes and we start going after the stars seriously. I'd like to be able to set some orders which could automatically change on the phase change. I'd also like to set the orders before Phase 1 starts so that as soon as it starts (at 3am my time) those on the other side of the world have the orders there in game and know what to do.

As to the third point, I hadn't seen that approach voiced. That is unfortunate. It is one of the bigger problems in the game for officers imho. If they don't want people controlling how others in a guild interact with a guild event, then don't have leaders and officers of guilds who have a level of control over the guild event. Don't let us set orders, and most importantly, don't let us boot people, because kicking people out is kind of the most extreme way of controlling how a person interacts with a guild event. If you're going to allow officers and leaders to set orders - allow us to have easier ways of enforcing them without having to kick rogues, which generally, we don't want to do.
  • Options
    Tiig wrote: »
    jhbuchholz wrote: »

You are misunderstanding. You can set orders for a locked zone in advance, but if (like my guild) we're not yet big enough to get at least 2 stars in a territory, it is more efficient to bank some TP in a territory, but not get a star and leave it so it is still open at the start of the next phase. The orders we place when we are 'banking' TP forward into that zone without getting the first star, are different from the orders when the phase changes and we start going after the stars seriously. I'd like to be able to set some orders which could automatically change on the phase change. I'd also like to set the orders before Phase 1 starts so that as soon as it starts (at 3am my time) those on the other side of the world have the orders there in game and know what to do.

As to the third point, I hadn't seen that approach voiced. That is unfortunate. It is one of the bigger problems in the game for officers imho. If they don't want people controlling how others in a guild interact with a guild event, then don't have leaders and officers of guilds who have a level of control over the guild event. Don't let us set orders, and most importantly, don't let us boot people, because kicking people out is kind of the most extreme way of controlling how a person interacts with a guild event. If you're going to allow officers and leaders to set orders - allow us to have easier ways of enforcing them without having to kick rogues, which generally, we don't want to do.

1 - Gotcha. This explanation definitely helps and should make for better discussion.

3 - Some answers in the last Q&A may indicate a change in stance on this (or may not, depending on how you read them). You're definitely not alone in wanting this. I was just sharing some information, not trying to discourage you or shut down the discussion.
  • Tiig
    296 posts Member
    Options
    I understand - and appreciate it. the way I read the last Q&A was "there was so much from the QoL section we're just not going to answer any of them
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    The only "control" we have is writing text, marking areas with a big red NO! sign where people can just ignore it with a single click and kicking folks out of the guild. That's no control, that's nonsense.

One or two people can wreck all the progress four dozens other guild mates made by disobeying orders on the fly, nobody can stop them unless you're willing to kick them. I'd rather "limit the fun" those two have instead of seeing everything destroyed 48 others built up.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Tiig
    296 posts Member
    Options
    Kisakee wrote: »
    The only "control" we have is writing text, marking areas with a big red NO! sign where people can just ignore it with a single click and kicking folks out of the guild. That's no control, that's nonsense.

One or two people can wreck all the progress four dozens other guild mates made by disobeying orders on the fly, nobody can stop them unless you're willing to kick them. I'd rather "limit the fun" those two have instead of seeing everything destroyed 48 others built up.

yup. this.
  • Options
    I just want one thing - ship gp deployed
    Toon gp deployed
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    Tiig wrote: »
    Can we PLEEEEEASE have 3 QoL updates:
    1) Ability to set orders which will be automatically activated on commencement of next phase (really important if you are in a 3am timezone for phase changes), including prior to Phase 1
    2) Ability to set orders on each individual platoon/squad
    3) Ability to set them orders which prevent members disobeying and doing Rogue actions.

These things would make management of a week long TB soooooo much easier on the officers, particularly in guilds where members are spread throughout the world.

Thanks

The thing is, CG doesnt want guilds to feel like dictatorships.

For obvious reasons.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    As an officer you have total control if the rogue talk to them in private if they do it again boot them. Total control
  • Options
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    As an officer you have total control if the rogue talk to them in private if they do it again boot them. Total control

You really should google the meaning of 'control'. Reacting after someone did something you didn't want is NO control.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn