FINALLY Beat GW

ARC
138 posts Member
So I decided to play today and try to beat GW and I did.I got...1Barris shard??? I can just open a bronzium to get that...Why is this game is crueeelllll

Replies

• Options
    Congrats?

Hey you beat GW, and Barriss is great in GW so.. Win/Win! :)
  • ARC
    138 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Yeah Barris is good but I wish I got a little more...oh well :neutral:
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    @ARC
    You always get 1 random shard at the end of GW. It's mostly about the droids, money, and ability mats
  • ARC
    138 posts Member
    Options
    Toukai wrote: »
    @ARC
    You always get 1 random shard at the end of GW. It's mostly about the droids, money, and ability mats
    If that's true GW is a huge waste of time
  • Options
    Congrats! And Bariss is good for GW. A Bronzium does not guarantee a Bariss or her shards, fyi :smile:
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    ARC wrote: »
    @ARC

Not true at all. You get about 450k credits for completing it, which is essential at higher levels. It's also a reliable source of 3 or 4 purple mats. And you get about 40 or so Crystals.
  • ARC
    138 posts Member
    Options
    Congrats! And Bariss is good for GW. A Bronzium does not guarantee a Bariss or her shards, fyi :smile:
    I said before I opened the chest I said "Give me Barris"Then I got trolled hard
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    @ARC

Not true at all. You get about 450k credits for completing it, which is essential at higher levels. It's also a reliable source of 3 or 4 purple mats. And you get about 40 or so Crystals.

@ARC
    This man is correct. half a million credits + ability mats is worth it.

If you are at higher levels and want to level more than a single A-Team, GW is your only source of credits to do so.
  • ARC
    138 posts Member
    Options
    @ARC

@ARC
    This man is correct. half a million credits + ability mats is worth it.

If you are at higher levels and want to level more than a single A-Team, GW is your only source of credits to do so.

I have 3M credits currently I just promoted Sid to 7* Today :smile:
  • Options
    Credits alone pretty much make it worth it plus there are a couple real good toons in the shipments
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    @ARC

I got a Vader shard two nights ago. Probably my third or fourth one. You can also get chromium toon shards.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    @ARC
    Grats! Not sure if you are F2P or not, but there is a huge credit crunch once you hit the brick wall of an A-team.

Once you decide to start leveling other characters, you have to remember its 1Mil from like 65-70, and another 1Mil from 6* to 7*. Thats not even counting the credits needed to go from 2-3* where characters start and leveling from 40-60.

If you focus only one or two toons, it's not that bad. But a lot of people are trying to gear several toons at once and unless you spend $$ you are stuck running GW for your cash.

I have stockpiled about 9mil, and I am holding it for the level cap increase. Reason being is that credits DO NOT SCALE with difficulty or how far you are into dark/light side battles. However, what does scale is the money required for level ups and so 65-70 is 1mil, 70-80 might be 2-3mil per character, while you still only get 500k from GW. It will take longer and longer to level your guys.
  • ARC
    138 posts Member
    Options
    @ARC
    Grats! Not sure if you are F2P or not, but there is a huge credit crunch once you hit the brick wall of an A-team.

Once you decide to start leveling other characters, you have to remember its 1Mil from like 65-70, and another 1Mil from 6* to 7*. Thats not even counting the credits needed to go from 2-3* where characters start and leveling from 40-60.

If you focus only one or two toons, it's not that bad. But a lot of people are trying to gear several toons at once and unless you spend $$ you are stuck running GW for your cash.

I have stockpiled about 9mil, and I am holding it for the level cap increase. Reason being is that credits DO NOT SCALE with difficulty or how far you are into dark/light side battles. However, what does scale is the money required for level ups and so 65-70 is 1mil, 70-80 might be 2-3mil per character, while you still only get 500k from GW. It will take longer and longer to level your guys.

Im F2P but my GW team was 5-7* :smile:
  • Options
    Congratulations on your 1st GW win. After my first completion, I've been successful every time except for twice. It gets easier. Also, I had 9MM in credits at one point. Started completing some chars and ran out of credits. It might happen to you as well. I am close to 10MM now and guess what? I'll be running out again very soon. Level cap increase plus finishing a couple more toons equals "repbulic credits are no good here". Plus, there are GW shipments and a few good chars in there. You don't like them? Use them on someone that you already finished to get more shard shop credits. Don't like the exchange rate? Wait until someone is moved into GW shipments and save them until then.
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • Options
    Ello_Asty wrote: »
    Plus, there are GW shipments and a few good chars in there.
    I'm surprised no one else has pointed this out. You not only got the Barriss shard, you got 5 shards of your choice of character in the GW store or 75 shard shop credits.

• ARC
    138 posts Member
    Options
    garublador wrote: »
    I'm surprised no one else has pointed this out. You not only got the Barriss shard, you got 5 shards of your choice of character in the GW store or 75 shard shop credits.

It's impossible to like ALL of the shipment characters
  • Options
    garublador wrote: »

It's impossible to like ALL of the shipment characters

You seem to be looking for reasons to complain
    I am Darth Spartacus
  • Rafini
    299 posts Member
    Options
    Troll post? You have had a comeback for literally every positive thing about beating GW. high credits reward and ability mats as well as crystals and a couple of characters shards PLUS 1200 green GW shipment currency which is 15 shards of characters. If you don't like it, don't do it. I too am free to play and have a high level team and have finished GW now nearly 30 times and look forward to it resetting every time. Would getting more rewards be good? Yes. In this style of F2P game is it likely? No. It's exactly the right amount of rewards to keep me coming back each day to help out with the few energy refreshes and shipments I need to not feel like I'm going backwards playing this game.
  • Mc1
    306 posts Member
    Options
    They may have had a glitch a while back and I got 3 shards in one GW. One in each of the last 3 nodes.
  • Options
    Mc1 wrote: »
    They may have had a glitch a while back and I got 3 shards in one GW. One in each of the last 3 nodes.

It's happened to me a few times, think it's just a rare RNG moment.
  • Rafini
    299 posts Member
    Options
    same. I usually get a shard on the final two nodes. Never got three that I can think of
  • ARC
    138 posts Member
    Options
    Rafini wrote: »
    Troll post? You have had a comeback for literally every positive thing about beating GW. high credits reward and ability mats as well as crystals and a couple of characters shards PLUS 1200 green GW shipment currency which is 15 shards of characters. If you don't like it, don't do it. I too am free to play and have a high level team and have finished GW now nearly 30 times and look forward to it resetting every time. Would getting more rewards be good? Yes. In this style of F2P game is it likely? No. It's exactly the right amount of rewards to keep me coming back each day to help out with the few energy refreshes and shipments I need to not feel like I'm going backwards playing this game.

I'm just saying it's disappointing to get 1 shard and I Didn't say I didn't like war tokens I like farming lumi and phasma
    in the shipments
  • Rafini
    299 posts Member
    Options
    mostly I play GW for the tokens to get Lumi and phasma (for now).. So the other perks are a nice bonus.
  • Options
    Wait until you start hard farming the likes of Ewok Elder, Ima-Gun Di and more, then you'll learn the value of one shard.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options
    @ARC

^This, though some days I don't get as many purple mats, grrrr. It's by far the best place to get credits.