How’s your current Grand Arena Championship match making?

Mine was perfect last time but this time I’m the only guy at 3.8 million Galactic Power. The seven others are sitting at 4.3 minimum Galactic Power.

How’s your current Grand Arena Championship match making? 34 votes

It’s really good.
79%
Aycee1CCyrilSMetaslyRandomSithLordEpsilonRhoMewGlobuhlWarGuy101yuuzhanronAleSahnDroh_1979TheArtishockStokatThessaodai145DaPowerfulJediCaptainFizzRath_TarrCadoaBaneStickKookermaderSaadaSidious_Is_Pikachu 27 votes
It’s pretty bad.
20%
angrythumbsPartyBoyGriffNerfHerderSWDonnieAndFrankDarknessignitionFinch1221DarthParkertheWise 7 votes

Replies

• Options
    It’s really good.
    Matchmaking isn’t based on your GP. It’s based on your top x amount of characters, x being the amount of defense slots you need to fill multiplied by 10. So even though your opponents have a higher GP, the GP of their top 80 characters should be very similar to yours.
  • PartyBoyGriff
    179 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    It’s pretty bad.
    They have triple the gear 13 I have. They all also have Malak maxed out. Mine is 5 star gear 9 lol.

I was also one of those guys that just went top heavy early. 90% of my roster doesn’t even have mods.

But that is good feedback! So I appreciate that.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    First two rounds have been very even. Rest of my bracket isnt as even but it matched the tougher rosters with the only malaks in the first 2 rounds.

But I'm curious why you don't have mods on lots of guys? There is no benefit to that anymore.
  • Options
    It’s pretty bad.
    I sell a lot of my mods for extra currency.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    It’s really good.
    Matchmaking isn’t based on your GP. It’s based on your top x amount of characters, x being the amount of defense slots you need to fill multiplied by 10. So even though your opponents have a higher GP, the GP of their top 80 characters should be very similar to yours.

Is there a way to pin this? Like on everyone's forehead or something?
  • Options
    It’s really good.
    CCyrilS wrote: »

Don't see anyone looking into the mirror :P

My matchmaking is...alright. Pretty evenly matched so far.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    It’s really good.
    khelzac wrote: »

Don't see anyone looking into the mirror :P

My matchmaking is...alright. Pretty evenly matched so far.

I actually thought about that. Didn't think anyone would catch it. Guess we'll write it in mirror image so they can see it when they go to the bathroom lol
  • Options
    It’s pretty bad.

So taking this into account, my current opponent has a similar number of characters at gear 12. However he has 19 characters at gear 13 and I only have 3. This was only out of 80 characters. Maybe just bad luck this time around? Lol
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    It’s really good.

So taking this into account, my current opponent has a similar number of characters at gear 12. However he has 19 characters at gear 13 and I only have 3. This was only out of 80 characters. Maybe just bad luck this time around? Lol

So my point is to ppl who complain they are matched against much higher total GP. Number of g13 is currently not taken into account other than the small bump in gp. My comment had nothing to do with that situation.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    90% of my roster doesn’t even have mods.

How is this even possible?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    It’s pretty bad.

So my point is to ppl who complain they are matched against much higher total GP. Number of g13 is currently not taken into account other than the small bump in gp. My comment had nothing to do with that situation.

My overall experience has been pleasant with Grand Arena Championships. Very competitive matchups. However, this current one, I haven’t really had much of a chance lol just curious how everyone’s matches were going.
  • PartyBoyGriff
    179 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    It’s pretty bad.
    TVF wrote: »
    90% of my roster doesn’t even have mods.

How is this even possible?

It’s closer to 70% but you get the point. I’m top heavy lol I sell a lot of mods for extra currency.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    It’s really good.

My overall experience has been pleasant with Grand Arena Championships. Very competitive matchups. However, this current one, I haven’t really had much of a chance lol just curious how everyone’s matches were going.

That's fair. I'm glad most matchups have been good for you. Most for me have been decent also. Maybe matchmaking should take g13 into account, but you have to admit that's a difficult thing to expect given the widely varying advantages some toons have over others.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options

Respectfully, having unmodded toons in your top 80 is the worst idea, ever.

Ok, maybe not the worst. But its only slightly behind fighting a land war in Asia.
  • Options
    It’s really good.
    I like this second run better so far, opponents seem to be closer.
    Last GAC I got 14+ undersized wins in the first week and my opponents didn't even set G1-7 teams to cheese defense. This time the differences are not that huge, I see it as an improvement.
  • Options
    It’s really good.
    My first opponent had 220k (about 8.5%) more total GP. No problem.

My current opponent has 510k (about 20%) more GP. Took a fair bit of plotting but I just completed a full clear and I am confident he cannot reciprocate.
  • Stokat
    829 posts Member
    Options
    It’s really good.
    Very even pool all around. Good matchmaking.
  • Options
    Mine was okay... division 7, and 2 teams have malak, so its a toss up between those 2 guys... I made kyber in exhibition, but it wouldn’t make sense to be the best every GAC.... especially considering the flexibility of roster at 1.5m GP....
  • Options
    It’s pretty bad.
    VonZant wrote: »

Ok, maybe not the worst. But its only slightly behind fighting a land war in Asia.

My top 80 are gear 12 with mods my friend. The rest are just chillin 😎 smiling 😃 and waving 👋
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    VonZant wrote: »

My top 80 are gear 12 with mods my friend. The rest are just chillin 😎 smiling 😃 and waving 👋

Well, I'm glad to know that. But if thats the case then you need to refine both your initial unmodded 90% estimate and later 70% estimate. ;)