Subbing malak in...

At what gear is a 5* malak worth bringing into your arena team? Currently running thrawn and wondering at what point is it worth swapping them?

Any advice is appreciated..

Replies

• Options
    (considering you have all his zetas and omegas).

If his gear is higher than thrwan than do it.
    It is also depended on your rank in the arena: If your rank is top 100 or higher (top 50) I'd recomend for g11+
    At g10 DM is also viable vs not top tier enemies.

DM mods are very important (protection, tenacity, speed, offense and again protection)
  • Options
    I changed when he was g8 and there was very little in movement than when I had thrawn. I have him at 5* g10 and have climbed to 15 at best against full g13 squads with malak but my speed for dr is 317, bsf 313, good defence on sith trooper and offence on hk. My malak is at 29k health and 51k protection, so it depends If you can get something similar
  • Options
    I subbed in a 5* g9 Malak for a 7* g12 Thrawn and my arena performance improved.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    I honestly don't notice that much of a difference between attacking a 5* G11 Malak and a 7* G12 one. As long as you have him modded decently and have both zetas, he should be fine.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    I have him g11, zz, and can climb to 1st. Even beating some g12/13 Malak on the way. Like 30k health, 74k prot
  • Options
    I subbed in a 5* g9 Malak for a 7* g12 Thrawn and my arena performance improved.

This. 5* g9 and he worked well.
  • Options
    So it’s more zeta and mods than stars.. cool beans..

Protection/speed/tenacity?
  • Options
    I just stole Bossk set for him. Mine has 117k EHP at g11 and about 230 speed. Seems to work ok.
  • Options
    Zetas I found more important than gear when deciding to add to arena team. But I would do the g8 gear level and hopefully g 9 before you expect to stop falling a lot of places over the downtime in arena.
    But after gear 8 and both zetas you’re pretty well protected in grand arena at least while on defence. Barring certain teams of course.