Indentifying a Cheater

hoberfinkle
18 posts Member
edited September 2019
Sorry if this has been answered or seen before but this is the first time I've experienced this and it really ruined my time.

I've been doing well in GAC, so far at most I see a DR (I have one) which is the toughest I've battled. This 3rd round my opponent has the first Malak I've ever seen. At first I was excited to face an opponent that would give me a huge challenge.

But upon further investigation of his roster I think he might be cheating. I always check the Pheonix first because he had a 7* Thrawn. Here they are:

7xfq9uorvpe2.png

v75qfumn4ss6.png

I thought maybe he got lucky with a G12 Ezra, but then looking at his CLS I'm almost sure he's cheating, these are his rebels:

atlu0339gb5e.png

Am I safe to assume this guy cheated? If so I'll go ahead and report him. But man did this ever discourage me.

Thanks for reading & responding

**edit: some pics didn't insert
Post edited by hoberfinkle on

Replies

• Options
    There is a way to report, if you look at the cheating thread, it'll tell you how. Also, you may want to consider blocking out the suspects player id.
  • Options
    Yeah, no way he got CLS or Thrawn legitimately with those Rebels.

Scrub the player IDs or remove the pictures from this thread - no name & shame - and include them when you report him.
  • Options
    got it sorry guys, thanks for the help
  • Options
    Wow. Pretty blatant. Arent leia luke and STHan all required for CLS? Its been a while.

Anyway - would seem that there would be some kind of "if then" search in their DB to flag accounts like this for inspection. Run it monthly or something...
  • Options
    If your gonna cheat to get cls, atleast gear him up
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options

Since they are cheating, they don't need to put gear on anyone. Can Lvl 1 G1 no mod kill anything in the game.

Though really the better option would be for CG to actually do something about this and actually stop the cheating, this guy is blatant, most cheaters are not.
  • Options
    Gorem wrote: »

Since they are cheating, they don't need to put gear on anyone. Can Lvl 1 G1 no mod kill anything in the game.

Though really the better option would be for CG to actually do something about this and actually stop the cheating, this guy is blatant, most cheaters are not.

No I meant gear them up so he doesnt look like a cheater lol
  • Options
    Maybe he is a cheater and got caught already so they reduced his account. I saw a guy with jkr and a level 1 gear 1 bastila. Also if you report someone for cheating and it's true does cg let you know?
  • Options
    I might believe that Thrawn, but holy cow that CLS.
    Still not a he.
  • Hyroc
    4 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Nvm
  • snowcat
    9 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
  • Options
    Im not sure about my opponent, it is possible that he beat me fair and square but Im a bit suspicios. Do you know what happens if I report him? I dont want to report an innocent player.
  • snowcat
    9 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Maybe he is a cheater and got caught already so they reduced his account. I saw a guy with jkr and a level 1 gear 1 bastila. Also if you report someone for cheating and it's true does cg let you know?

There's a zero tolerance policy for cheating. If you saw a guy with JKR and a level 1 bast, that guy would be a cheater. If you send a message to @CG_LucifersDaddy , he will look into it and let you know the outcome with possibly a small reward. I have reported cheaters and received a reward for one of them.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/206596/anti-cheating-competitive-integrity#latest
  • Anderle
    119 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Its your decision. If you think, hes cheating, report. Doesnt matter. if hes guilty, he will be banned, if not, nothing will happen.
  • Treeburner
    773 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    snowcat wrote: »

There's a zero tolerance policy for cheating. If you saw a guy with JKR and a level 1 bast, that guy would be a cheater. If you send a message to @CG_LucifersDaddy , he will look into it and let you know the outcome with possibly a small reward. I have reported cheaters and received a reward for one of them.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/206596/anti-cheating-competitive-integrity#latest

Didn't someone complete the event without bastilla and got a title for it ?
    Could be something else
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    HJoci30 wrote: »
    Im not sure about my opponent, it is possible that he beat me fair and square but Im a bit suspicios. Do you know what happens if I report him? I dont want to report an innocent player.
    Yes, the backlog piles up. Ever since the possibility to cheat has been exposed, way too many people are overly paranoic. A few days ago there was a thread accusing someone of cheating for 59 banners average, which is far from impossible.

I wouldn't report my opponent unless I'm 100% sure they actually cheated. If the work of looking for cheaters piles up, just because every second person gets reported, it'll just take longer to catch actual cheaters.

Edit: Of course if he is innocent and you report him, he won't suffer any consequences. There's no harm in a report if you have a reasonable doubt. Just don't be overly suspicious.
  • Options
    Thrawn is easy my G12 Ezra basically soloed it. CLS I don't think so but that event is super old also and the last like 3 phases are autowin anyway.
  • Options
    Looks like all these cheaters are still getting away with cheating, meantime all of us pay-to-play players are getting screwed. What's the point of spending money to better your roster. It is honestly sad but the games Developers can't seem to figure out how to put an end to all this cheating.
    You don't end cheating. You mitigate it.

Cheating's been a part of online gaming for as long as there's been online gaming, and mobile is an inherently unsecure platform. CG is not going to "end cheating" for the industry, and they're on a harder platform to do it on than the console and desktop world.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    Im suspiciuos becasue of this:tl6hfipocu5n.jpg
    vkwdw5dhiqfw.jpg
    I had Malak only on g12 at the start of the GA. But still interesting. My major toons are also faster than his.
  • begem_ua
    37 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    @hoberfinkle
    old Ben is also needed to get cls. on those screenshots, I've seen no old Ben. check his roster again for old Ben, if there's no - cheater for sure
  • Options
    begem_ua wrote: »
    @hoberfinkle
    old Ben is also needed to get cls, as I remember. on those screenshots, I've seen no old Ben. check his roster again for old Ben, if there's no - cheater for sure
    That's a cheater either way. On tier 5 you need to use Farmboy and STH only. You can't tank that wave at Lv.1 G1.
  • Options
    [quote="begem_ua;c-1953419"old Ben is also needed to get cls. on those screenshots, I've seen no old Ben. check his roster again for old Ben, if there's no - cheater for sure[/quote]
    There isn't a cheat to get into the event without meeting the prerequisites. They may have a weak Ben, but they did not get through with no Ben.

That said, Ben cannot carry you through that event.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    If you look at the rebel screenshot, it's scrolled down: there are more powerful rebels above that aren't shown on that screen. I assume one of the unlocked but not shown rebels is Old Ben.

And, yes, you can (I have been assured, I wouldn't know personally) interfere with a game after a battle starts and before the results are reported from your device back to the SWGOH server. But the server decides if you can enter a battle, and there are lots of reasons you might not be able to (timers, qualifying characters, etc.).

The server obviously checked this person's roster for the CLS event and decided they were allowed to try. Thus, it's pretty certain that this person actually has an Old Ben at 7*.

That said, one of the good things about GP checks is that it makes it impossible to cheat this way to get Malak or to defeat those special missions in GeoTB (and thus get Wat Tambor shards and other benefits). If you've got every member of your squad at 17,500 for Malak, you should be able to beat the event if you just work at it. Even if you got there with less than optimal toons, you still have 5x17,500 - that's some power to play with. And if you've got all that, why would you stop at minimal gp for, say, JKR. If you have him there without zetas, he's worth the zetas.

In any case, just some food for thought if you were wondering about EA/CG putting in gp checks for certain events.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Report A Potential Cheater: If you want to report a potential cheater, please send a message to @CG_Leviathan with details on why you think someone is cheating and your ally code plus the ally code and name of the suspected cheater.
This discussion has been closed.