"Gear 15" coming soon...

u7y7tz9jo43i.jpg

How I read:

"In order to unlock new abilities for your Relics (A.K.A. G14), you will need these new pieces of gear"

:D:D

Replies

• Options
    Lol CG really chasin' that bread.
  • Options
    this is a troll post right? CG literally said no new gear levels after 13 for awhile
  • Options
    SemiGod wrote: »

Great sign the end is near.

Not really.

Everyone said the world was ending in 2012 but we chillin

I remember people saying SWGOH is going to end when traya was meta yet that didnt happen.

The game is fine.
  • Options
    The game will end when Tuskens become meta.
  • Options
    Kryptic wrote: »
    The game will end when Tuskens become meta.

So hopefully soon ;)
  • Options

Said some doomsayer about literally everything a dev has posted about anything since 2016.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• CorpseMaker77
    602 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Nadebotfm wrote: »
    this is a troll post right? CG literally said no new gear levels after 13 for awhile

Its not a troll post.

Dude, it's just predictable after that statement, otherwise why wouldn't they include the abilities at launch of Relics?
    Think, they have to keep money rolling, so until they figure out how they will make us grind for even more stuff and get more money from whales, Relics won't be fully maxed up for a while.

Don't let the word "Relics" fool you. That thing is basically G14 disguised.
  • Options
    Dude, it's just predictable after that statement, otherwise why wouldn't they include the abilities at launch of Relics?

Have you never played a leveling/progression game? Eventually, new levels, new gear, new abilities, etc. are added to the game over time.
  • Options

Its not a troll post.

Think, they have to keep money rolling, so until they figure out how they will make us grind for even more stuff and get more money from whales, Relics won't be fully maxed up for a while.

Don't let the word "Relics" fool you. That thing is basically G14 disguised.

More like 8 star in disguise
  • Options
    Will probably just happen when we level up our relics beyond level 7.... My guess will be, that the new abilities unlock at relic level 13, and that we'll need something else than useless gear to level up from 7 to 13.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    So since we know there are layers upon layers of p2p things coming...the game is not ending soon xD
  • Options
    My hope is that unlocking the special ability quickly will be ridiculously expensive (min $300/character whale tax) requiring a new farm. And simultaneously make an update to make g9-12 bottlenecks near-irrelevant.
  • Options
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    Honest question. Why do you FTP players care about another leveling system? It's going to impact you the least. Your arena rank won't change, GAC is a paired with similar GP, PVE modes is guild base and new tiers makes the content easier, and most importantly your game continues to be supported.

We care becouse devs wont be able to make balanced new content,look at how geonosis tb is,low gp guilds cant get more than 2-3 stars or even participate,cant do acklay,cant get wat,list will go on,couse they seem to only make content for high end guilds.

• No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Honest question. Why do you FTP players care about another leveling system? It's going to impact you the least. Your arena rank won't change, GAC is a paired with similar GP, PVE modes is guild base and new tiers makes the content easier, and most importantly your game continues to be supported.

We care becouse devs wont be able to make balanced new content,look at how geonosis tb is,low gp guilds cant get more than 2-3 stars or even participate,cant do acklay,cant get wat,list will go on,couse they seem to only make content for high end guilds.

As you expressed pretty well this has nothing to do with incapability but intention.
  • Options

Wasn’t the Dooku/dodge meta the beginning of the end? Maybe it was the Poe coin flip?

Or was it scavenger Rey one-shotting toons?
    Mods were definitely the harbinger if doom when introduced, as was the haat raid, ships, mod-gate, every legendary event, gear levels 10, 11, 12 and 13, mod gate 2.0, ships 2.0, DN’s Annhilate ability. Obviously chaze tore the game apart as well.

That’s not even taking into account the attempts to destroy guilds (TW, TB, Sith raid and now the new TBs).
  • Options

Umm I'm in a pretty F2P guild and our best was 14/15 at around 100m-150m gp I didnt pay attention.

I don't think you know what endgame content is I mean come on...
  • Options

Except arent Relics essentially gear levels 14-20, just with a different name?
  • Options
    VonZant wrote: »

Except arent Relics essentially gear levels 14-20, just with a different name?

They are.

They're gunna let the whales spend their credit limits getting relics on everyone and then they're going to release their relic upgrade that'll be ridiculously gear crunchy (with new gear, of course) and this time it'll be off hard nodes... and then they're gunna let the whales spend themselves dry.
  • Options
    Basically, Relics are Marvel Strike Forces' red star fiasco all over again... it went horribly for them, but CG thinks it's going to work here.

I find that pretty funny.
  • Options
    Even if the end was near there is still years of effort for most players to get all characters to G13
  • Options
    Even if the end was near there is still years of effort for most players to get all characters to G13

The cadence from releasing G13 to G14-20 makes me wonder how many years are left to achieve any of those goals.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options

As opposed to what? Making a new raid as easy as rancor? Why on earth would a low level guild be able to do well in the newest raids?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options

Not really.

Everyone said the world was ending in 2012 but we chillin

I remember people saying SWGOH is going to end when traya was meta yet that didnt happen.

The game is fine.

Maybe the world really did end in 2012 and we are all part of John Cusacks fading memories.