Battle Reports

Lastly, we wanted to mention that we’ve been talking about adding a Battle Report Summary to communicate which characters were used, how much damage each character dealt, how much health they had remaining, etc. Adding this in-game is going to take some time, so we’re actively talking with our friends over at SWGOH.GG about exposing this data to them and letting them display the results. We’re excited about the opportunity to get this information into the community’s hands sooner and will have more updates on this in the coming weeks

Please make an open API for this information (and indeed all player/guild details) so that the community has some choices, handing a monopoly to a single third party is not healthy.

I cannot be the only one actively shying away from swgoh.gg because of the constant "Continue Using Site" dialogs on every page, the intrusive video adverts and finding myself forwarded off to some dodgy site that my firewall blocks.

Just let me, or the large pool of people smarter than me in this community, grab the XML and do our own processing.

Disclaimer: I haven't looked into how the discord bots do this, I hit a brick wall last time I tried to access swgoh XML

Replies

• Options
    Yeah, It's a really great idea to let people search for your ally code to find how you played your last GAs. Open search. Best idea ever. Why is CG doing the right thing the wrong way?

Having said that, anything that happens in this game a bot or site will be able to pick anyway, so it's not like it makes any difference in the end.
  • Options
    Angelloyd wrote: »
    Having said that, anything that happens in this game a bot or site will be able to pick anyway, so it's not like it makes any difference in the end.

I agree, the data is probably out there anyway so don't force everyone to sign up with a third party to get at it.
    Yeah, It's a really great idea to let people search for your ally code to find how you played your last GAs. Open search. Best idea ever.

There is already a certain amount of tailoring your strategy based on being able to see your opponents roster in game, to be honest I think this would add another level of strategy, of bluffing and double bluffing.

Also your opponent is still going to get that information and will be free to share it with his allies, on top of this third party being given access to all this information anyway.

But it doesn't have to be wide open (I'm thinking more a documented API or XML schema than access restrictions when I say Open) a simple "Export Results" from within the GAC review screen in game would suffice, this could dump the XML to your device and allow you to parse it yourself or upload it to a website that does the job for you. I'd like one of those in guild aswell so I can manually sort members by stats CG still haven't got around to adding (like GP).
    Why is CG doing the right thing the wrong way?
    To save money.
    If this is sensitive information then they're farming off security to some random third party, do you think they audit them? If it isn't sensitive information then why monopolise it?
  • Options
    Man CG, just implement it in game...can't be that difficult, MSF has it already long time ago.
    Swiss Garde Officer, drop me a message if you're interested joining