What Arena team would you make from these characters?

Finding that I'm still going nowhere in Arena floating around 100 to 200 range might make it to 75 to 80 briefly if I'm lucky. And I'm still on the long farm to viable GS (currently 4* Tier 8) I'm looking to see what kind of team top ranked arena players would make from these characters.

7* T8 Chewbacca - Max leveled abilities
7* T8 Captain Phasma - Max Leveled abilities
7* T8 Luminara - Max Leveled abilities
7* T8 Old Daka - Max Leveled abilties
7* T8 Jedi Consular - Max Leveled abilties
7* T8 Darth Sidious - Max Leveled abilities
7* T8 IG-86 - Max Leveled abilities
6* T8 Poggle the Lesser - Max Leveled abilities
5* T8 Qui-Gon Jinn - Max Leveled abilities

I'm curious if I'm even remotely close to building the optimal Arena with the most powerful/upgraded characters I have that top ranked Arena players would build. What Arena team would you build from the above characters? Thanks in advance for any advice/help provided.

Replies

• Calus_78
    504 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Daka/ Luminara, QGJ(lead), Sidious, IG-86, Poggle.
  • Options
    Try Phasma (L), Daka, Lumi, 86, and then Sid until you get QGJ starred higher. My warning is that this team does not amazing speed or damage so QGJ might even be usable at 5*.
  • Options
    Calus_78 wrote: »
    Current meta, Daka/ Luminara, QGJ, Sidious, IG-86, Poggle.

Who as lead? I'm guessing QGJ?
  • Options
    You're missing a lot of pieces here... you have half-builds of optimal teams. You have making of a Droid/GS/Crit Hit team, which would be good if you had IG-88, GS, etc. For now use QGJ as Lead, Sid, Poggle, Lumi and IG-86
  • Options
    DarthCyren wrote: »
    You're missing a lot of pieces here... you have half-builds of optimal teams. You have making of a Droid/GS/Crit Hit team, which would be good if you had IG-88, GS, etc. For now use QGJ as Lead, Sid, Poggle, Lumi and IG-86

I have GS & IG-88 but both are not remotely close to being finished or viable. GS is 4* and IG-88 is only 3*
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Options

I agree with this. You can use this in the meantime. I would recommend work on getting /maxing GS in node 1A of Cantina and replace Sid with GS. Eventually to make QGJ and GS more effective replace Lumi with a Canon (Rey/FOTP) or taunter like RG.
  • Options
    Daka/ Luminara, QGJ(lead), Sidious, IG-86, Poggle/ Phasma.

This is interesting because the team I'm currently running is

QGJ (L), Daka, Sidious, IG-86, and Poggle and I'm making no headway. I make it close to 100 everyday and fall to 200 or higher everyday after being sniped.
  • Calus_78
    504 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Well what teams are you facing, and are they levelled higher?

On my server you would be lucky to get in the top 400 with it.

With your toons don't expect to nab 1st
  • Options
    DarthCyren wrote: »

I have GS & IG-88 but both are not remotely close to being finished or viable. GS is 4* and IG-88 is only 3*

GS can be quicly starred and leveled, you could finish him off within a few weeks. Same for IG-88 to a lesser degree.

Finish those 2 and then your bets team would be

Poggle as lead, GS, IG-86, IG-88 and Sid.

You would PUNISH people with that squad.
  • Options
    EM650 wrote: »

I agree with this. You can use this in the meantime. I would recommend work on getting /maxing GS in node 1A of Cantina and replace Sid with GS. Eventually to make QGJ and GS more effective replace Lumi with a Canon (Rey/FOTP) or taunter like RG.

All my cantina energy goes toward GS daily and my cantina shipments go towards QGJ. I have a 4* FOTP he's only level 50 but getting him to 70 wouldn't be an issue. His abilities aren't leveled higher than 3 though and he's only at Tier 5 so far. At what star level does he become viable?
  • Options
    Well what teams are you facing, and are they levelled higher?

On my server you would be lucky to get in the top 400 with it.

With your toons don't expect to nab 1st

Most of the teams I face are some combination of

Daka
    Dooku
    Kylo
    Luminara
    Phasma
    Sidious
    Poggle

In fact almost every team I face has Daka, Dooku, and Kylo. Thers are some QGJ, Stormtrooper Han, IG-86, and GS but not as common as the others. Not really looking to nab 1st just tired of being stuck between 100 to 200 for like the last 2 months.
  • Options

All my cantina energy goes toward GS daily and my cantina shipments go towards QGJ. I have a 4* FOTP he's only level 50 but getting him to 70 wouldn't be an issue. His abilities aren't leveled higher than 3 though and he's only at Tier 5 so far. At what star level does he become viable?

He's viable at 4* - he's not going to ever have enough HP to take more then a couple hits even at 7* - for Arena though, he has uses, but adding him in may disrupt your overall 'Synergy' and if he's crushed at the beginning of a match(as he usually is), he cna die before firing a shot in Arena.

Keep focusing on GS and QGJ.
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Options

As long as you can hide FOTP behind a taunter, you can probably use him at 5*. If no taunter, wait until 7*. His HP is just too low. Now FOTP is a slower toon, but he does make GS/QGJ lethal with their call to assists when he is called before his normal turn.
  • Options
    I believe FOTP is going to get a major NERF soon base don the trends of the Meta. I also believe GS may begetting a substantial Nerf as well so they're two toons I would consider getting weaker when planning out a full squad for a long-term goal.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

QGJ (L), Daka, Sidious, IG-86, and Poggle and I'm making no headway. I make it close to 100 everyday and fall to 200 or higher everyday after being sniped.

The problem with that team is the lesser speed (after QGJ/Sid). If you had Dooku or GS or Rey in the mix, you'd probably do a little better. The problem is that you are probably aren't taking down anyone before they get to act (maybe 1 with Sid following the QGJ assist - but only if QGJ called the right assist).

I run QGJ (6*)+Lumi+Sid+Dooku (all 7*)+Daka(5*) - on an early December server and always hit top 50, on and off hit top 20. I will be swapping Rey in for Lumi soon.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

The problem with that team is the lesser speed (after QGJ/Sid). If you had Dooku or GS or Rey in the mix, you'd probably do a little better. The problem is that you are probably aren't taking down anyone before they get to act (maybe 1 with Sid following the QGJ assist - but only if QGJ called the right assist).

I run QGJ (6*)+Lumi+Sid+Dooku (all 7*)+Daka(5*) - on an early December server and always hit top 50, on and off hit top 20. I will be swapping Rey in for Lumi soon.

Usually my kills come from IG-86's Assassin Droid Tactics or from a lucky QGJ's Harmonious Assault calling on IG-86 to assist, at least until Poggle gives everyone offense up.
  • Options

I should have grabbed Dooku first week in, but who knew he was that viable. Oh well I'll farm him some day. Currently I am running QGJ (lead), Rey, GS, Daka, RG.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

I should have grabbed Dooku first week in, but who knew he was that viable. Oh well I'll farm him some day. Currently I am running QGJ (lead), Rey, GS, Daka, RG.

Lol - that team would scare the crap out of me too.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*