501st hype!

wa77zcm7o5by.jpg

Based of the most recent Q and A, it appears were potentially going to get a 501st character to round out the team.

I'm hoping we get another clone such as Kix (always wanted a clone healer) or Jesse but I also welcome the idea of a new anakin. Thoughts?

Replies

• Options
    Maybe a scout walker like the troops always used. Perhaps a turret?
  • Options
    The two answers aren't necessarily related, but it's pretty obvious we will be getting more 501/clones. Whether the "object summoned" is part of that is undetermined.

Still... exciting stuff!
  • Options
    Where can I find the full Q+A?
  • Options
    It's going to be General Skywalker, he's the leader, that squad needs a leader to fill it out.
  • Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    The two answers aren't necessarily related, but it's pretty obvious we will be getting more 501/clones. Whether the "object summoned" is part of that is undetermined.

Still... exciting stuff!

Crate box confirmed! Already calling for nerf
  • Options
    While I am eager to see more clone troopers, it wouldnt be logical that they end drevan meta. But hey, its just a game right?
    Check my collection. Contact me at Discord: zegene#1773
  • Options
    zegene wrote: »
    While I am eager to see more clone troopers, it wouldnt be logical that they end drevan meta. But hey, its just a game right?

Hah let me guess you just got Darth Revan then? He's been out for more than half a year, it's definitely time for a meta change. Probably General Skywalker/Fancy new Anakin to lead the 501st.
  • Options

Hah let me guess you just got Darth Revan then? He's been out for more than half a year, it's definitely time for a meta change. Probably General Skywalker/Fancy new Anakin to lead the 501st.

I think he was talking from a lore point of view that clones wouldn't be able to do much to darth revan.

I've had darth revan since he came out and been competitive in arena for longer than that. (Not that it matters. But just wanted to let you know, I didn't just get darth revan. So my motivation isn't to keep the current meta going). In reality, I know a new meta is coming as it always does. Though we have a few weeks since malak just came back and we typically get a month or so after that before it shifts. But, I do think the meta should make sense. Clones led bt Skywalker is ok but if they made tuskins the meta that beat sith lords, that wouldn't make sense. And I wouldn't like it from a lore standpoint.
  • Options

I think he was talking from a lore point of view that clones wouldn't be able to do much to darth revan.

I've had darth revan since he came out and been competitive in arena for longer than that. (Not that it matters. But just wanted to let you know, I didn't just get darth revan. So my motivation isn't to keep the current meta going). In reality, I know a new meta is coming as it always does. Though we have a few weeks since malak just came back and we typically get a month or so after that before it shifts. But, I do think the meta should make sense. Clones led bt Skywalker is ok but if they made tuskins the meta that beat sith lords, that wouldn't make sense. And I wouldn't like it from a lore standpoint.

Exactly same thoughts.
    Check my collection. Contact me at Discord: zegene#1773
  • Options
    I've been wondering about the next meta being 501st-based as well. But I'm starting to doubt it since we don't have that much time before December and the release of Episode 9 characters. Our last 'epic confrontation' meta lasted like 6 months (Malak). If CG make a 501st 'epic confrontation' that switches the meta, they best not change the meta again with Episode 9 characters. I was, really, really hoping that 'epic confrontations' would standardize the meta lengths, at least to some point. Cause CG keeps changing it up, which is not easy on any of the players.

I'm hoping for CG chooses a Clone Wars meta instead of Episode 9. But I guess that could change with how (BAD) Episode 9 turns out to be, we'll all just have to see
  • Options
    wvuparker wrote: »
    I've been wondering about the next meta being 501st-based as well. But I'm starting to doubt it since we don't have that much time before December and the release of Episode 9 characters. Our last 'epic confrontation' meta lasted like 6 months (Malak). If CG make a 501st 'epic confrontation' that switches the meta, they best not change the meta again with Episode 9 characters. I was, really, really hoping that 'epic confrontations' would standardize the meta lengths, at least to some point. Cause CG keeps changing it up, which is not easy on any of the players.

I'm hoping for CG chooses a Clone Wars meta instead of Episode 9. But I guess that could change with how (BAD) Episode 9 turns out to be, we'll all just have to see

Yeah I'm doubtful there too. I don't think 501st content will be an epic confrontation. We just don't have toons that make sense. It could be the first part of one. (General Skywalker being the jkr of it) but then it wouldn't be finished until February or so. Since they still need to release ds toons and a ds version of anakin. And then do an epic confrontation. That would put the metas from that well into next year.

So it's possible 501st will be a legendary or journey and either just counter or be a shortlived meta while they prepare ep 9 content for the epic journey.

Hard to tell with this one. Best thing to do is hoard crystals and be ready for anything.
  • Options
    Perhaps Appo and he will be able to summon a 501st clone trooper
    This is... SPARTAAAAAAA