Enfys nest

umi0basdoz9o.jpeg
Does this mean that nest is immune to debuffs?

Replies

• Options
    No. Essentially there's a base 15% chance it'll get through anyway. And that's if nothing else lowers it in any way.
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • Options
    No, but it means you will likely land fewer unless you have very high potency or inflict her with tenacity down.
  • Options
    Kozispoon wrote: »
    Check out the post linked above @SNAKEMAN , though I think the forums formatting of my original response may of mislead folks into taking what I said a wee bit off the deep end.

Defender has 50 tenacity. You have 5 potency = Defender has 45% chance to resist.
    You have 10 potency, defender has 40% chance to resist etc.

until you get to 35 potency, when the defender has a 15% chance to resist any more potency past that is useless against THAT target, because they can't have a lower resist chance than 15%
    So if you have 50% potency, they still have a 15% chance to resist. Or if you have 100% potency, or 100000% (Mind you, this has NOTHING to do with the trigger chance on effects, either)
  • Options
    Something called "cannot be resisted" still works.
  • Sentia
    280 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    no.

There is a minimum of 15% chance to land debuff unless the unit has the Tenacity up buff.

Also the attacking unit's potency is subtracted from the attacked unit's tenacity.

<edit - sorry I got this mixed up that's not right its the opposite>
    Post edited by Sentia on
  • Options
    Ok, thanks
  • Options
    No. Essentially there's a base 15% chance it'll get through anyway. And that's if nothing else lowers it in any way.
    Sentia wrote: »
    There is a minimum of 15% chance to land debuff unless the unit has the Tenacity up buff.
    Ya know, between this and the old Daka potency thread a few days ago, I’m starting to think that the debuffs mechanics are some of the most misunderstood general mechanics in the game.

No, there is not a minimum chance for a debuff to land. There is a base resist chance but no base apply chance. That’s why tenacity up is ‘stronger’ than tenacity down, up completely negate the possibility of landing a debuff (minus unresistable and tenacity down(down and up also cancel each other out)) while down still leaves a 15% chance.

• Options
    The answer to your question is no because opponents potency mitigates your tenacity. If your tenacity is 100 more than your opponents potency then you will resist all negative status effects that can be resisted. (i.e. unresistable and unavoidable debuffs including tenacity down for example will still apply). You'll want nest at close to 150% tenacity or more and to have Grand Masters Training from hermit yoda and/or be under a Farmboy Luke lead in order to resist the effects from some of the highest potency characters in the game.

I don't know why two people in this thread have told you there's always a 15% chance to apply debuffs as this in not the case. There is however always a 15% chance to resist debuffs regardless of the potency tenacity difference.

To the best of my knowledge the following is correct:

Chance to resist = MAX (15%, Tenacity - Potency)

If chance to resist is greater than 100% you are guaranteed to resist the effect.

Tenacity up buff is +999900% tenacity
    Tenacity down debuff is -999900% tenacity
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    No. Essentially there's a base 15% chance it'll get through anyway.
    no.

No, this is a common misunderstanding. There’s a 15% chance that any debuff will be resisted, even with Tenacity Down. There is no minimum chance to be applied.

EDIT: The rest of the thread is right. 100% tenacity doesn’t mean 100% resistance, because Potency counteracts Tenacity. But it sure does mean a high frequency of resists!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Matt_Cain_603
    42 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    My Palps is tripple stacked for potency and so has 113% potency. Gets resisted all the time. Also my Jedi under Bastilla Shan lead have 150% tenacity up while they have protection up, but I have had BSF NAIL her debuffs to them despite this. Prob something in her kit allows that I don't use her I'm too far behind the Meta so idk.
  • Options
    It means if she is on defense, you might land one debuff in a match. If you're attacking, oh say, Ewoks in GAC with her, she'll end up dazed the whole match but still win. :tongue:

There's always a 15% chance of debuffs landing. For the AI, 15% of the time it works, everytime. :wink:
  • TVF
    36611 posts Member
    Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    It means if she is on defense, you might land one debuff in a match. If you're attacking, oh say, Ewoks in GAC with her, she'll end up dazed the whole match but still win. :tongue:

There's always a 15% chance of debuffs landing. For the AI, 15% of the time it works, everytime. :wink:

You should probably read the thread again.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    lladdir wrote: »
    Ya know, between this and the old Daka potency thread a few days ago, I’m starting to think that the debuffs mechanics are some of the most misunderstood general mechanics in the game.

No, there is not a minimum chance for a debuff to land. There is a base resist chance but no base apply chance. That’s why tenacity up is ‘stronger’ than tenacity down, up completely negate the possibility of landing a debuff (minus unresistable and tenacity down(down and up also cancel each other out)) while down still leaves a 15% chance.

Tenacity down > Tenacity up
    Every time I face a Darth Revan team, and HK uses his aoe , I get both tenacity up (from GMY)and tenacity down, if Bastila uses her 2nd ability then you can bet those debuffs stick
  • Options
    lladdir wrote: »

Tenacity down > Tenacity up
    Every time I face a Darth Revan team, and HK uses his aoe , I get both tenacity up (from GMY)and tenacity down, if Bastila uses her 2nd ability then you can bet those debuffs stick

Yes and? As I pointed out tenacity up and down cancel each other. I was comparing them in terms of their individual effects on debuffs landing not on their interactions with each other.
  • Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »

This is false. There is always 15% chance to resist, true, but no 15% base chance to land a debuff.