Whales in GAC match ups

Just curious if CG is considering lifetime spend into the GA matchups? Seems like a lot of the players in my division (4) that are around my GP (2.75) have far more g12/13 characters than I do. I spend some money on the game, sure, but I would consider myself a manatee compared to some of my opponents who have grown full blowholes and eat my toons up like a blue whale chasing a school of krill. I miss my zeta(s). I also miss winning in general.

MTFBWY,
L

Replies

  • Don't think they will. They said they are very happen about the GA matching atm. My account is about 4mil GP and at division 2 now. I am continuous matched up with 4.4-4.5mil GP opponent. I am no match to any of them and even struggle to fully fill in all the defence teams. Not sure why they think this kind of fair matching. I am about to quit this stupid game.
  • lifekeep wrote: »
    Don't think they will. They said they are very happen about the GA matching atm. My account is about 4mil GP and at division 2 now. I am continuous matched up with 4.4-4.5mil GP opponent. I am no match to any of them and even struggle to fully fill in all the defence teams. Not sure why they think this kind of fair matching. I am about to quit this stupid game.

    It´s also possible that you maybe bossted your gp to much by halfheartedly upgrading random chars e.g. get a random toon to 85 and gear7. Just work on your top toons and the success will come :)
  • Just curious if CG is considering lifetime spend into the GA matchups? Seems like a lot of the players in my division (4) that are around my GP (2.75) have far more g12/13 characters than I do. I spend some money on the game, sure, but I would consider myself a manatee compared to some of my opponents who have grown full blowholes and eat my toons up like a blue whale chasing a school of krill. I miss my zeta(s). I also miss winning in general.

    MTFBWY,
    L

    Why would a business incentivize people to not spend money?
    lifekeep wrote: »
    Don't think they will. They said they are very happen about the GA matching atm. My account is about 4mil GP and at division 2 now. I am continuous matched up with 4.4-4.5mil GP opponent. I am no match to any of them and even struggle to fully fill in all the defence teams. Not sure why they think this kind of fair matching. I am about to quit this stupid game.

    Focus on modding. That's your advantage. Most underrated part of the game and the biggest issue of people who don't win (FTP or PTP).
  • HTWarrior wrote: »
    lifekeep wrote: »
    Don't think they will. They said they are very happen about the GA matching atm. My account is about 4mil GP and at division 2 now. I am continuous matched up with 4.4-4.5mil GP opponent. I am no match to any of them and even struggle to fully fill in all the defence teams. Not sure why they think this kind of fair matching. I am about to quit this stupid game.

    It´s also possible that you maybe bossted your gp to much by halfheartedly upgrading random chars e.g. get a random toon to 85 and gear7. Just work on your top toons and the success will come :)

    No, I never lvl random characters and I got all the top tier characters.
  • Austin9370 wrote: »
    Just curious if CG is considering lifetime spend into the GA matchups? Seems like a lot of the players in my division (4) that are around my GP (2.75) have far more g12/13 characters than I do. I spend some money on the game, sure, but I would consider myself a manatee compared to some of my opponents who have grown full blowholes and eat my toons up like a blue whale chasing a school of krill. I miss my zeta(s). I also miss winning in general.

    MTFBWY,
    L

    Why would a business incentivize people to not spend money?
    lifekeep wrote: »
    Don't think they will. They said they are very happen about the GA matching atm. My account is about 4mil GP and at division 2 now. I am continuous matched up with 4.4-4.5mil GP opponent. I am no match to any of them and even struggle to fully fill in all the defence teams. Not sure why they think this kind of fair matching. I am about to quit this stupid game.

    Focus on modding. That's your advantage. Most underrated part of the game and the biggest issue of people who don't win (FTP or PTP).

    My mod is better then most of my opponent, but they got much more geared characters then, 400k gp, how many g12 characters different? You can count it ezly.
  • lifekeep wrote: »
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    Just curious if CG is considering lifetime spend into the GA matchups? Seems like a lot of the players in my division (4) that are around my GP (2.75) have far more g12/13 characters than I do. I spend some money on the game, sure, but I would consider myself a manatee compared to some of my opponents who have grown full blowholes and eat my toons up like a blue whale chasing a school of krill. I miss my zeta(s). I also miss winning in general.

    MTFBWY,
    L

    Why would a business incentivize people to not spend money?
    lifekeep wrote: »
    Don't think they will. They said they are very happen about the GA matching atm. My account is about 4mil GP and at division 2 now. I am continuous matched up with 4.4-4.5mil GP opponent. I am no match to any of them and even struggle to fully fill in all the defence teams. Not sure why they think this kind of fair matching. I am about to quit this stupid game.

    Focus on modding. That's your advantage. Most underrated part of the game and the biggest issue of people who don't win (FTP or PTP).

    My mod is better then most of my opponent, but they got much more geared characters then, 400k gp, how many g12 characters different? You can count it ezly.

    What's your SWGOH account? Everyone thinks there mods are great when they don't know better. Maybe they are? I'm curious.
  • Austin9370 wrote: »
    lifekeep wrote: »
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    Just curious if CG is considering lifetime spend into the GA matchups? Seems like a lot of the players in my division (4) that are around my GP (2.75) have far more g12/13 characters than I do. I spend some money on the game, sure, but I would consider myself a manatee compared to some of my opponents who have grown full blowholes and eat my toons up like a blue whale chasing a school of krill. I miss my zeta(s). I also miss winning in general.

    MTFBWY,
    L

    Why would a business incentivize people to not spend money?
    lifekeep wrote: »
    Don't think they will. They said they are very happen about the GA matching atm. My account is about 4mil GP and at division 2 now. I am continuous matched up with 4.4-4.5mil GP opponent. I am no match to any of them and even struggle to fully fill in all the defence teams. Not sure why they think this kind of fair matching. I am about to quit this stupid game.

    Focus on modding. That's your advantage. Most underrated part of the game and the biggest issue of people who don't win (FTP or PTP).

    My mod is better then most of my opponent, but they got much more geared characters then, 400k gp, how many g12 characters different? You can count it ezly.

    What's your SWGOH account? Everyone thinks there mods are great when they don't know better. Maybe they are? I'm curious.

    https://swgoh.gg/p/468647443/
  • lifekeep wrote: »
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    lifekeep wrote: »
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    Just curious if CG is considering lifetime spend into the GA matchups? Seems like a lot of the players in my division (4) that are around my GP (2.75) have far more g12/13 characters than I do. I spend some money on the game, sure, but I would consider myself a manatee compared to some of my opponents who have grown full blowholes and eat my toons up like a blue whale chasing a school of krill. I miss my zeta(s). I also miss winning in general.

    MTFBWY,
    L

    Why would a business incentivize people to not spend money?
    lifekeep wrote: »
    Don't think they will. They said they are very happen about the GA matching atm. My account is about 4mil GP and at division 2 now. I am continuous matched up with 4.4-4.5mil GP opponent. I am no match to any of them and even struggle to fully fill in all the defence teams. Not sure why they think this kind of fair matching. I am about to quit this stupid game.

    Focus on modding. That's your advantage. Most underrated part of the game and the biggest issue of people who don't win (FTP or PTP).

    My mod is better then most of my opponent, but they got much more geared characters then, 400k gp, how many g12 characters different? You can count it ezly.

    What's your SWGOH account? Everyone thinks there mods are great when they don't know better. Maybe they are? I'm curious.

    https://swgoh.gg/p/468647443/

    Thanks, I literally went through about 16 of your squads (well the GAC meta squads) and you nearly have most all teams and modded pretty well too. I'm not sure how often you lose (I can't imagine much), but you have a very top heavy roster which is probably why you're facing higher GP accounts. You'd be competitive in the 4.5 GP bracket as well.

    My recommendation is to get an EPV team. I see your Shoretrooper has a long way to go, it's such a great counter against Nightsisters.



  • I never win a GA tournament after the GA updated. All my opponents are at least 300k GP ahead of my account. I don’t mean to do some up hill battle, but not like 300k-500k difference. Ppl can simply put all their tier 2 squads on defence and win ezly, because I don’t even have 16 g12 squads for the match.
  • lifekeep wrote: »
    Don't think they will. They said they are very happen about the GA matching atm. My account is about 4mil GP and at division 2 now. I am continuous matched up with 4.4-4.5mil GP opponent. I am no match to any of them and even struggle to fully fill in all the defence teams. Not sure why they think this kind of fair matching. I am about to quit this stupid game.

    You're roster is very impressive!! I'm in the same division. I'm facing some monsters too. But the monsters I face, look like your roster! Ha~! I still try to have fun with it, even when I'm at a GP or G12/G13 disadvantage. Hey my GP is up there...so I can't complain. Yeah, I'd rather be facing cream puffs of course. But hey, I'm learning as I progress, Gaining tips and strategy. Good luck this upcoming round of GA! Your roster is nice.....
  • Nothing will change until they weight characters.This GAC round I will lose because my opponent has DR, and I do not. Generally speaking, the whales will have more of the meta/new characters, so will win. That's the way it is designed.
    After all, they keep the game going by their contributions.
    If it doesn't improve, I'll join the just-put-one-toon-on-D team and take 8th place winnings, and let the whales roll on.

    Regards,
    Plankton.
  • F2p player here, Div2, but enough gp for Div1 now. Got Kyber during exhibition season and won all except 1 match during whole GAC.
    However this round I got paired against someone with... 44x g13 while having 7 myself. That's not a typo. Ffs how is this FAIR CG ? Sure that I got a zeta advantage, but that's because I played longer and after initial 40-50 key zetas, value of next ones is dimished since they don't influence teams all that much. At least not as much as g13 with a huge +8 speed boost on all items. Personally I'm starting to feel like a punching bag for whale accounts or someone they can bully, because they paid for it. Is this how GAC should work? Is this what you wanted ppl to feel like ? @CG_TopHat @CG_SBCrumb
    unknown.png
  • wawrzon wrote: »
    F2p player here, Div2, but enough gp for Div1 now. Got Kyber during exhibition season and won all except 1 match during whole GAC.
    However this round I got paired against someone with... 44x g13 while having 7 myself. That's not a typo. Ffs how is this FAIR CG ? Sure that I got a zeta advantage, but that's because I played longer and after initial 40-50 key zetas, value of next ones is dimished since they don't influence teams all that much. At least not as much as g13 with a huge +8 speed boost on all items. Personally I'm starting to feel like a punching bag for whale accounts or someone they can bully, because they paid for it. Is this how GAC should work? Is this what you wanted ppl to feel like ? @CG_TopHat @CG_SBCrumb
    unknown.png

    I'm facing someone with more G12's & more zetas than myself.
    I only have 5 G13. Imagine me - looking at you. And then see me looking at a bunch of teams just like the one you're facing...with 5 G13... I'm in Div 2 also. I haven't lost. I have a feeling I will be wearing a few losses this round though. The rosters are simply amazing. I can still have fun! I can try new teams and defenses.

    I get it can be a rough go. Seem unfair and unwinnable. I guess I try to take the silver lining in these situations.

    I'm just here to say - hey man, I feel ya! I support ya! But until things change, let's give em hell anyway!
  • Darth_DeVito
    847 posts Member
    edited October 5
    Just curious if CG is considering lifetime spend into the GA matchups? Seems like a lot of the players in my division (4) that are around my GP (2.75) have far more g12/13 characters than I do. I spend some money on the game, sure, but I would consider myself a manatee compared to some of my opponents who have grown full blowholes and eat my toons up like a blue whale chasing a school of krill. I miss my zeta(s). I also miss winning in general.

    MTFBWY,
    L

    Baby whales and -krakens have the opposite problem. Due to their inflated GP, they get matched with much older accounts who have had a lot more times to farm zetas and god mods. Goes to show that lifetime spending is not a meaningful metric, except maybe in the 4+ million GB range.
  • No_Try
    3771 posts Member
    lifekeep wrote: »
    I never win a GA tournament after the GA updated. All my opponents are at least 300k GP ahead of my account. I don’t mean to do some up hill battle, but not like 300k-500k difference. Ppl can simply put all their tier 2 squads on defence and win ezly, because I don’t even have 16 g12 squads for the match.

    Yet...only your top 16 squads are compared in the matchmaking and not total gp which you claim you're losing because of.
  • No_Try
    3771 posts Member
    Also I don't understand the main point of this topic at all. If you get matched with 7 whales, that would also mean those 7 whales are getting matched eachother where only one comes at top. In my pools, I don't get only whale pools (as I'm f2p).

    I'm not sure people are good at spotting whales and it seems roster better than you is immediately called whale. Still spending whales have at the very least 20+ g13s, sometimes 1 as such falls into my pool...at freaking 5.15m gp, but never a pool full of them. I'm not claiming we have good matchmaking but pushing the thing onto whales sounds like a severe exaggeration.
  • That's the key point. if system only compared the top 16 squads, there is a lot of good team with lower GP and you can use them as back up. They shouldn't just compare the top 80 characters.
  • No_Try
    3771 posts Member
    They shouldn't just compare full gp either. We know what that would cause especially with relics in the picture. Super relic top heavy rosters getting matched with super fluffy ones with much less relics where the later has no chance. If you are not able to convince CG to expand top X by a certain %, the effort is futile.
  • I fail to see why someone thinks that he should get an opponent with basically same toons with same gear and everything. This is not some left wing communism. This is a competition. If someone invested into his roster (either money or time) he should have some advantage.
  • lifekeep wrote: »
    That's the key point. if system only compared the top 16 squads, there is a lot of good team with lower GP and you can use them as back up. They shouldn't just compare the top 80 characters.

    Ok you can have 24 Gear 11 teams and I'll use 16 Gear 13 teams and we'll see who wins....
    total GP is not the way to go and we know this because we have been there.
  • Mikek wrote: »
    I fail to see why someone thinks that he should get an opponent with basically same toons with same gear and everything. This is not some left wing communism. This is a competition. If someone invested into his roster (either money or time) he should have some advantage.

    That's the first time I've ever heard a plea for balanced matchmaking equated to communism. LMAO. Wanting a fair fight isn't communism.

    I think the matchmaking is... okay. And I agree that people do misunderstand what a whale is quite frequently. If we accept Mobile Gamer's video the other day (breaking down spending on relics) as evidence there are about 10,000 whales playing the game. So they are pretty rare. But there is a lot of frustration from people who have spent a fair amount of money - like $600+ and more and are still locked out of end game content because they haven't spent enough. I'm pretty sure that fuels a lot of the anger in this game at the moment. Personally, I've spent a little when Chewbacca came out (to get Bossk to 7*) and then maybe $20 a month from Chewbacca release until Darth Revan came out. I spent $0 through the Darth Revan and Malak meta, because of how they handled those kits and releases. However, since relics opened the arena I was encouraged and bought a few (most) of the galactic upgrade packs (gear ones).

    Now that I've seen the General Anakin kit, I'm back to spending $0 - I'll put my little bit of gaming $$$ to Hearthstone or Marvel Strike Force.
  • Now that I've seen the General Anakin kit, I'm back to spending $0 - I'll put my little bit of gaming $$$ to Hearthstone or Marvel Strike Force.

    Understandable. Just make sure not to say "Liberate Hong Kong" while playing Hearthstone. I've heard if you say it three times in a row, Xi Jinping shows up in an execution van.
Sign In or Register to comment.