Allowed the same no name character twice

Would this game work if we're allowed say 2 Tusken Raiders? That way maybe a Tusken team would be viable.

2 X RG would make an empire team tough. Ewoks work but probably geonosian team with multiple be too strong with 2x GS.

What go you think?

Replies

• Options
    I get what you're saying, here.

I kinda like it.

Say you want to be Darth Sid or the future Emperor Palpatine and want to run 4x RG with him? That'd be awesome.

I'm for this idea so long as it's not 'NAMED' characters being reused.
  • Options
    Yeah, I'll just run 5 GS...
  • Eaywen
    422 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    They did that in their last game. Top teams literally consisted of 5 of the same super fast, super hard hitting, yet tough guy.

Aka 5 gs here
  • Options
    Big NO for dupes. HoDA did it and it was atrocious
  • Options
    This is interesting. Wonder if it would work as a faction bonus? You're only allowed to use 2 Royal Guards if the rest of your team is Empire (Sidious, Vader, Tarkin, etc).
  • Options
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....this is a bad idea. Duping is a recipe for balancing disaster at an unthinkable level. As the poster above alludes to, imagine 5x GS...or any future toon that is really strong in a dupe. it's impossible for the game designer to balance characters with duping in mind as well because a character's value as a single toon can be vastly different from its value once you start stacking its strengths. It's then hard to make a character be strong on its own AND at the same time not OP in a set of 5.

I'll use Vader as an example. Let's say you can somehow acquire 5x DV and 7* him. The dude is really tanky, so he'd be hard to DPS down much more than 1 of them. Now let's look at his DoTs. Each Dot does 5% of health in damage at the start of the next turn. Imagine 4x Vaders hitting their force crush and laying 12x DoTs on your toons. That's 60% health just from the DoTs not including the actual damage done. Then IF you moved, you'd have each Vader set up to easily kill you with the culling blade in round 2.

Sure, AA or something else could counter that Vader example possibly, but duping gets really messy and is impossible to balance over the long term.
  • Options
    I'll take a team of 3GS and 2 RG please,lol.
  • Options
    dkredsox wrote: »
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....this is a bad idea. Duping is a recipe for balancing disaster at an unthinkable level. As the poster above alludes to, imagine 5x GS...or any future toon that is really strong in a dupe. it's impossible for the game designer to balance characters with duping in mind as well because a character's value as a single toon can be vastly different from its value once you start stacking its strengths. It's then hard to make a character be strong on its own AND at the same time not OP in a set of 5.

I'll use Vader as an example. Let's say you can somehow acquire 5x DV and 7* him. The dude is really tanky, so he'd be hard to DPS down much more than 1 of them. Now let's look at his DoTs. Each Dot does 5% of health in damage at the start of the next turn. Imagine 4x Vaders hitting their force crush and laying 12x DoTs on your toons. That's 60% health just from the DoTs not including the actual damage done. Then IF you moved, you'd have each Vader set up to easily kill you with the culling blade in round 2.

Sure, AA or something else could counter that Vader example possibly, but duping gets really messy and is impossible to balance over the long term.

Did you guys even read the post...? He suggest being able to use 2 (two) no-name generic characters. Where are you getting 5 GS and 4 Vaders from? I do think it would be difficult to implement but it's interesting nonetheless.
  • Options

Did you guys even read the post...? He suggest being able to use 2 (two) no-name generic characters. Where are you getting 5 GS and 4 Vaders from? I do think it would be difficult to implement but it's interesting nonetheless.

Dont know about 2x Vader, but GS is generic so that's why he was used as an example.
  • Jaesyn_Beaz
    412 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

GS is a no name character. Nvm just saw the two
    I am Darth Spartacus
  • Options
    Bad idea. Even worse if you had to collect and farm 2 of the same character. Can you imagine the forums and EAs inbox would be full of people saying 'I upgraded the wrong character'

Plus, say you have 2 resistance troopers in an expose team.
    *poe taunts and exposes
    *RT1 gains TM and exposes from basic attack - both RTs gain TM
    *RT2 Gains TM and exposes from basic attack - both RTs gain TM
    You see where I'm going 2ith this

There would be instances where you literally won't get a turn. Full wipe and all you've done is press the 'start battle button' I and. Watched your team get obliterated in 30 seconds.

This and so many other situations would make the game unplayable
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • Options
    Wow, a great array of views. I just thought it would a great way of getting 'teams' going, a scoundrel team with 2 enforcers. Admittedly, it's all an idea but surely it's feasible that if you start with a duplicate character they could be weakened.. Say a 20% reduction.