New system

Firstly, I would like to point out just how long it takes to increase gear level for characters. In fact, some characters are much harder to gear than others, typically the characters more worthwhile investing in, which in itself is vital for survivability and playability to focus on key characters. I have been investing in for example, Padme the past few weeks: taking her from GL8 to 9 was a chore. Now from 9 to 10, a real chore. Then 10 to 11? 12 to 13? We are talking months on end. And she is only one character of a few that I am desperately trying to gear up from simply 9 to 10 right now as they require pieces only received through raids or once sold, if sold, in a shop. Even the greatest focus on one character cannot guaruntee getting any one pice you require of 50, for one character alone.

The gearing process takes a tremendous amount of focus, as well as time. I have only a few GL12 characters, and see none of them reaching 13 for at least another few months as I have to invest in other important characters to get them to at least GL11, the level required for a fighting chance.

This new update clearly focuses on those select few who have GL13 characters: on my shard I could easily count the number of (Arena) GL13 characters no doubt no more 50 to 60, meaning the other hundreds at GL12 or less.

Is this update designed for paying players? Is it designed for those who have been in the game solidly for years? It is great that these people get more, especially if you pay, however, for the rest of us struggling to get even one GL13 character, this update looks null and void.

Replies

• Options
    Same Padme-situation here. I always try to remember:
    Impatience is expensive...
    ;)
  • Options
    So you’re not an endgame player as yet. I don’t really see your point?

If you still have toons to farm and gear to get a good rosta of G12, why are you bothered about G13 and relics?

The answer to your question is, yes. This update is designed for those who have a vast rosta of G12/G13 to give them something new to work on rather than grinding characters for the sake of it which they will likely never use (here’s looking at you CUP).

I don’t have a vast array of G12 (probably around 20 toons) and only GG at G13. What I do have a good core of squads which are sort of interchangeable depending on what mode I’m playing. I highly doubt I will delve into relics any time soon as I have other factions that I need to gear (nightsisters for example).

Does it bother me? Not really. I’m pretty much FTP so I accept I’ll always be behind the whales. So what? If I want to keep up, I have to pay. That’s the nature of anything in life. If you want the best, it costs money. Otherwise, you have to wait until it become affordable or free.
  • Options
    Need to take out a personal loan. 400K USD should be enough to reach end game.

Carrie got the boot because her tip of the spear comment of 4-5K wasn't quite enough and she was giving people false hope.
  • Options
    Even go end game players it takes a very long time. A kyro alone costs 2800 crystals, which can take quite some time if you don't place high in arena, characters like Padme and Malak require multiple of these as early as g8. There's nothing right about having to wait weeks to get past g8 or 9 or 10, it shouldn't take more than a couple of days to get a character to g10 or 11, similarly to how when g11 was the highest we had, getting characters to g8 was very easy.
  • Options
    Even go end game players it takes a very long time. A kyro alone costs 2800 crystals, which can take quite some time if you don't place high in arena, characters like Padme and Malak require multiple of these as early as g8. There's nothing right about having to wait weeks to get past g8 or 9 or 10, it shouldn't take more than a couple of days to get a character to g10 or 11, similarly to how when g11 was the highest we had, getting characters to g8 was very easy.

I disagree. If it only took a couple of days, everyone would be endgame in a month. Characters that need new gear like kryos are, predominantly, powerful characters. As such, to get the rewards, there should be some effort.

As I said above, if you want it now, you pay. If you don’t want to pay, then you wait. Trouble is, most people expect to be given everything easily. 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    "Most players expect to be given everything easily".

I doubt that. I believe most of us expect a challenge, but not a total chore. Chores are dull, as is why they are named so. I see little entertainment, for a so called game, that requires weeks on end to make minor improvements to one character of dozens alone.

It is blatantly obvious that even if drop rates were to double, it would still take months on end to get just a handful of characters from GL8 to GL11.

Things happen far too slowly to the point of equating this game to watching paint dry.
  • DarkHelmet1138
    3884 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options

Adding these to daily rewards should solve that long-term. You'll get roughly 90 pieces a month. Doesn't sound like much but if you are starting out, you'll have enough by the time you farm the characters for padme, darth revan, or malak.
  • TVF
    36623 posts Member
    Options

End game players, by definition, have no toons left to farm.

Farm kyro.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

Carrie got the boot because her tip of the spear comment of 4-5K wasn't quite enough and she was giving people false hope.

Rebellions are built on false hope.....wait....
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36623 posts Member
    Options

Baseless speculation is fun!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Affy wrote: »
    So you’re not an endgame player as yet. I don’t really see your point?

If you still have toons to farm and gear to get a good rosta of G12, why are you bothered about G13 and relics?

I think the point is that to be competive in Arena and GAC you are required to keep a meta team with at least some of the chars at max gear/relic level ASAP even in young shards.

Competitive people who have been playing less then two years, were wrapping up the legendary circuit and looking forward to working on a team because you like the characters in it don't get to now.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

Baseless speculation is fun!

I think she got the boot because she kept commenting on how flat the earth was.
  • Options
    I have no issue with Relics. However, I don't think they should have started selling Scrap packs for Relics as soon as they launched. Relic packs, gear packs etc. are fine but geez, maybe wait a couple of weeks before you just start selling the highest end gear in the game.