Assigning mod loadout button gone

As if mod management wasn't tedious enough, the new layout makes it even more so. Assigning a loadout used to be:

1. Click assign loadout button
2. Find loadout
3. Click assign
4. Click confirm

Now button 1 is gone, so to find your loadout screen you need to

1a. Click on one of your toon's mods
1b. Click the close mod button (didn't know that it existed til this morning)
1c. Click assign loadout

This adds 3 extra clicks (on small buttons) instead of 1. It's terrible UX for a task that was already very tedious. Please fix it asap. QoL and UI improvements aren't supposed to make the experience worse.

PS. I hate the fluorescent borders that completely crowd out the character art as well, but at least they don't mess functionally with the game.

Replies

• Options
    You can just do point 1a twice...
  • Options
    Ratinira wrote: »

Doesn't reduce the number of clicks. Also the mods in the character screen are now miniscule, so you probably don't even know what mod you fatfingered, and spend brainpower figuring that out to click it again, rather than my version of 1b. But whatever floats your boat: doesn't change that 1 click is now 3.
  • Options
    I just checked it out and I agree it’s more annoying now.
    Also annoying to me: I can no longer click on the “black space/background” to close popped up windows for some shops. But others work still.
  • Options
    why would they "fix" something that is deliberately intended to make people spend more to acquire more mods so they dont have to swap as frequently?
  • Options
    Also, going to a mod loadout always takes you to your first loadout tab, not the last tab you used, which adds yet another swipe and tap. Very annoying and wasteful! I hope they fix these issues quickly.
  • Shyaldeth
    7 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Also, when you assign a loadout, it goes back to highlighting the mod you first clicked on, so you have to click out again to save (or hit the back button to get the "save warning").
    From the Mods tab in the characters screen, it works like it used to though, so at least there's that.
  • Options
    Acrofales wrote: »
    Ratinira wrote: »

Doesn't reduce the number of clicks. Also the mods in the character screen are now miniscule, so you probably don't even know what mod you fatfingered, and spend brainpower figuring that out to click it again, rather than my version of 1b. But whatever floats your boat: doesn't change that 1 click is now 3.

It's only one click more than it used to be (closing the mod you've opened). You left out having to click the "manage" button in your first list.
  • Options
    Please fix this! Not defaulting to last tab of layouts is torture
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    For the tab thing, don't know about the rest of you, but I have a "general" tab that is the saved state for most of my roster. I then have tabs for TB, raids, arena, etc. Arena was first because it's alphabetical. I just changed "general" to "Ageneral" and it's now first. That's the tab I use 90% of the time (most of the time is spend switching mods back afterwards) so it's not perfect, but an improvement at least until they (hopefully) fix this.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Just going to chime in that if you do go into the mods loadout. It does not keep the tab setting, so you have to rescroll through all the squad groupings to get to where you were previously. None of the information seems to stay inherent like it used to. Very tedious when trying to do a team.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    Lol read right above you.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Touche. Literally hell I writing.. as you were resolving. Thanks bro.
  • Options
    Further, I can’t view how the stats will change assigning a certain loadout...