What happens to GW on the day of the lvl cap raises to 80?

Vavasour
102 posts Member
edited March 2016
So what happens to GW on the day of the lvl cap raises to 80? Are we instantly going to be fighting level 74's with gear level X on the last few nodes?

It's going to be another rough GW adjustment, I've been finishing it (but just barely) daily. I'm guessing after the level cap lift to 80, I can forget about that until I've gotten 30ish characters up to the level cap plateau again.

Replies

• Options
    You use 30ish capped characters to beat the current GW?
  • Eleiem
    334 posts Member
    Options
    What will happen is that every people who are just hitting lvl 70 on a relative new server will be now without a chance at clearing it.
    Young servers haven't had the time to build their benches.
  • Options
    I don't think too many players are actually storing energy, and only mega-whales would spend the kind of money needed to level up day 1. I don't think it should be much of a problem.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    They also put a cap on the energy stores so it should be a little less this time around.
  • Options
    I'm more concerned about fortitude. Will it be replenished after every battle? If not, you'll start all of the later battles in a hole even if you managed finish the previous battle with full health.
  • Options
    Vavasour wrote: »
    So what happens to GW on the day of the lvl cap raises to 80? Are we instantly going to be fighting level 74's with gear level X on the last few nodes?

It's going to be another rough GW adjustment, I've been finishing it (but just barely) daily. I'm guessing after the level cap lift to 80, I can forget about that until I've gotten 30ish characters up to the level cap plateau again.

Why do you think you'll be hitting lv74 teams on the first day?

GW is based on real teams and even the whales won't accumulate the approximate 14,000xp needed to advance to lv74 in one day and even so the first day will be based on the previous days teams!

Everyone will start on the same footing to get to lv70 so providing you do your dailies, don't focus on trying to level 30 toons in one go everyone will progress at a similar rate depending on how many energy refreshes people use. And taking into account 120 energy = roughly 120xp only whales will get ahead but only slightly I'd imagine.
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384