Team built around Sidious as leader?

Hi, everyone!

I'm a fairly new player, just started last week, just kind of playing around with the game so far. I bought Darth Sidious out of a need for dark side heroes to work towards getting Vader without spending anymore money on the game, though my end goal is Darth Revan readiness when that comes back around in December. (Did want to say I spent a few USD trying to get characters for said event from TOR character shard packs rather than spend 30 USD per actual character pack).
Tangent and overexplanatiom aside, I really like Darth Sidious so far, but I feel like there's no synergy on my team. So I was wondering, who should I farm for to compliment his play style?
I don't have access to the game at the moment, nor my account linked, but I believe my dark side team is Sidious, Canderous, Shore Trooper, Dooku, and Snow Trooper; not in that order.

Thanka in advance!

Replies

• Options
    If you have money to spare and want to play sid just cuz you like him, thats cool.

That being said, honestly, he's not currently a top tier toon, and certainly not an efficient way to go.
  • Options
    Sidious is pretty useless (from someone who put a zeta on him). If you really want to use him then wampa due to DoTs but really I would look at something else.
  • Options
    thomssi wrote: »
    Sidious is pretty useless (from someone who put a zeta on him). If you really want to use him then wampa due to DoTs but really I would look at something else.

He is working toward vader... maybe tusken shaman too, then? Lol
  • Options
    Sidious isn't very good, though he's still a decent filler for a sith b-team. But otherwise he's generally the least useful sith. Should be noted that you can use his lead for a decent sith HAAT raid team, though it's by no means something you should work towards.

If you like sith toons however, all the others are useful in some way. At your level I'd definitely get Maul. Vader is actually also quite good, and gets some nice relic gains. Also pilots the hardest hitting ship in the game(in the right setup anyway). Dooku is extremely good right now, and is easily one of the best toons in the game (any naysayers should get him to g13 before they say anything... He really is a beast now).

Basically all the sith except Sidious are pretty awesome right now... And Sidious I guess is next in line for a sith rework.
  • Options
    Sidious isn't very good, though he's still a decent filler for a sith b-team. But otherwise he's generally the least useful sith. Should be noted that you can use his lead for a decent sith HAAT raid team, though it's by no means something you should work towards.

If you like sith toons however, all the others are useful in some way. At your level I'd definitely get Maul. Vader is actually also quite good, and gets some nice relic gains. Also pilots the hardest hitting ship in the game(in the right setup anyway). Dooku is extremely good right now, and is easily one of the best toons in the game (any naysayers should get him to g13 before they say anything... He really is a beast now).

Basically all the sith except Sidious are pretty awesome right now... And Sidious I guess is next in line for a sith rework.

You weren't kidding about Dooku. I really like his lightning a lot and the high chance for counter attack is awesome. I'm upgrading Sidious' level, but not his abilities because I'm finding out he is pretty not that great like you all are saying. I like Sidious for his Leader boost but otherwise he's pretty blah.