Guild Reported?

2Next

Replies

• Options
    All of these suggestions are great and all, and I appreciate them, but it went from 2-3 new people per day joining every single day for 4 years (when there are spots open) to not a single person in 6 weeks now. That has nothing to do with how I am recruiting, something is going on. Someone should have trickled in in 6 weeks. And I am not the only guild complaining about this out here.

And some guilds actually have people still trying to get Kenobi or gear up G12 toons so the gear in the HAAT raid IS important to them. Having a chance to get an extra gear box every other raid is a decent reward. Of course if you are running a 215M guild you have different issues. If your guild doesn't care about HAAT, then that solves that problem. Mine does though. So I ask, how do you guys run your HAAT raid without the sim option?

The other 45 people in my guild seem to like it the side game. It actually gives you a reason you use your **** toons and try to target a number. It can be kind of fun using random squads you never ever use anyplace else and it can get pretty competitive as people shoot for the target. 999,999 is the closest someone has gotten so far. Otherwise yes, everyone joins during the 24 hr period but then the raid closes in 10 minutes because someone shoots for 10M as soon as it opens and only 3-4 people get on the scoreboard. So I don't get why that would be a problem unless you are a bully that always wants to run up the score in HAAT. Of course, everyone can auto 5M in the HAAT... that is the point of the side game. If you don't want to play the side game, just join and don't fight (which I do 90% of the time) and you'll get your reward that you don't care about.

If you know the rule and willingly don't follow it, then you deserve to be booted. We state it constantly so it is no secret, yet people go put their CLS team on auto in that raid like ****. It is as simple as paying attention to the one rule. I used to not boot people during the TWs or TBs because I realize that losing those rewards sucks. But then everyone would follow the rule every other time but as soon as a TB starts, BAM... 5M on the HAAT scoreboard. And once 1 person goes over, 5 more do because people suck. The only way to keep that legit is the be strict with the boot.

I said we are a day 1 guild that is 145M because we do allow FTP players and new players with smaller rosters to join. They can grow in our guild by doing these raids with us. The HAAT side game is mainly for their benefit. Because of that we constantly had an influx of 1.5-2M rosters joining and liking our guild and growing with us. That is fine an totally what we want. We are not a whale guild nor do we desire to be one. Those players have stopped joining and that is very unusual.

Good point on the HAAT - all our guild have him at 7* so the raid is largely irrelevant to us now.

HAAT runs as follows: 21hr join period, players must wait 10mins to post any damage. Total FFA.

HSTR is the same, though we have banned all the cheese phase 3 teams.

The bit I still don’t follow is the instant booting, even during a TW/TB. Booting a player during those events harms every other member of the guild as you are hampering your chances at winning / earning the best rewards.

I understand why guilds have rules - but I don’t think it makes sense to be so punitive when people break them.
  • SmokeyJoe320
    931 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    All of these suggestions are great and all, and I appreciate them, but it went from 2-3 new people per day joining every single day for 4 years (when there are spots open) to not a single person in 6 weeks now. That has nothing to do with how I am recruiting, something is going on. Someone should have trickled in in 6 weeks. And I am not the only guild complaining about this out here.

And some guilds actually have people still trying to get Kenobi or gear up G12 toons so the gear in the HAAT raid IS important to them. Having a chance to get an extra gear box every other raid is a decent reward. Of course if you are running a 215M guild you have different issues. If your guild doesn't care about HAAT, then that solves that problem. Mine does though. So I ask, how do you guys run your HAAT raid without the sim option?

The other 45 people in my guild seem to like it the side game. It actually gives you a reason you use your **** toons and try to target a number. It can be kind of fun using random squads you never ever use anyplace else and it can get pretty competitive as people shoot for the target. 999,999 is the closest someone has gotten so far. Otherwise yes, everyone joins during the 24 hr period but then the raid closes in 10 minutes because someone shoots for 10M as soon as it opens and only 3-4 people get on the scoreboard. So I don't get why that would be a problem unless you are a bully that always wants to run up the score in HAAT. Of course, everyone can auto 5M in the HAAT... that is the point of the side game. If you don't want to play the side game, just join and don't fight (which I do 90% of the time) and you'll get your reward that you don't care about.

If you know the rule and willingly don't follow it, then you deserve to be booted. We state it constantly so it is no secret, yet people go put their CLS team on auto in that raid like ****. It is as simple as paying attention to the one rule. I used to not boot people during the TWs or TBs because I realize that losing those rewards sucks. But then everyone would follow the rule every other time but as soon as a TB starts, BAM... 5M on the HAAT scoreboard. And once 1 person goes over, 5 more do because people suck. The only way to keep that legit is the be strict with the boot.

I said we are a day 1 guild that is 145M because we do allow FTP players and new players with smaller rosters to join. They can grow in our guild by doing these raids with us. The HAAT side game is mainly for their benefit. Because of that we constantly had an influx of 1.5-2M rosters joining and liking our guild and growing with us. That is fine an totally what we want. We are not a whale guild nor do we desire to be one. Those players have stopped joining and that is very unusual.

Good point on the HAAT - all our guild have him at 7* so the raid is largely irrelevant to us now.

HAAT runs as follows: 21hr join period, players must wait 10mins to post any damage. Total FFA.

HSTR is the same, though we have banned all the cheese phase 3 teams.

The bit I still don’t follow is the instant booting, even during a TW/TB. Booting a player during those events harms every other member of the guild as you are hampering your chances at winning / earning the best rewards.

I understand why guilds have rules - but I don’t think it makes sense to be so punitive when people break them.

I used to be very lax with the booting. People have to go way over or go over repeatedly before getting booted. Or even if someone acknowledged the overage and apologized, we'd let it go. But my guild actually enjoys the side game and the top 3 would get **** when someone jumped them. Especially when it is like a 5M+ score. That is someone just not giving a F about the guild and not trying. So I had to start being more consistent with the booting. I almost never boot during a TW unless we are running away with it. And only booted during TB a couple times recently. But that is when our dry spell started which made me wonder about someone reporting us.

I seriously think we just aren't showing up on the 'suggested' guild list when people search. I think that is where we got most of our recruits. I don't think many people searched specifically for us, they just found us. Not happening anymore.

EDIT - I wish they'd just make HAAT simmable. Would solve an annoying problem for us
  • Options
    I just spam refreshed the recommended guilds and never saw yours.

I saw virtually all of the others multiple times.

You could be on to something.
  • SmokeyJoe320
    931 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    I just spam refreshed the recommended guilds and never saw yours.

I saw virtually all of the others multiple times.

You could be on to something.

Maybe it is cyclical and they rotate the guilds on there? There was a point not too long ago where we were constantly getting people pop in... Like within the hour of the spot opening up. So we were definitely on there recently. But maybe they rotated some other guilds into the suggested list.

I'm just guessing now.
  • Options
    @DarjeloSalas Did you by chance see my guild in those refreshes? Thanks.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Options
    How do you become a refresh guild or is that based on the spending of members?
  • Options
    OP, I read forum article here a while back.

Option on guild recruiting was to turn it off and then reapply. that apparently will bump you back up visibility on active guilds recruiting list.
  • Options
    How do you become a refresh guild or is that based on the spending of members?
    Definitely not that. Several of the recommendations were guilds with <10 members that would appear to be now defunct.
  • Options
    @DarjeloSalas Did you by chance see my guild in those refreshes? Thanks.
    I don’t know what it’s called - tell me and I’ll check.
  • Options
    I wouldn't be surprised if there's some algo that tries to maximize for player retention. joining your guild and getting booted shortly after probably doesn't score well...
  • Options
    IMO its all about Geo TB now really. People are joining higher guild doing 20+ in stars and alternately there are 200m+ guilds taking recruits that are are 1.5m GP even so theres that issue....

Also as stated above, those are crazy rules for a raid that does horrible rewards. That's the whole point of the 24 hour join period so everyone can join and get the rewards.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    The question has been answered. Closing this as it's gone a little off topic.
This discussion has been closed.