Rejects Arena

Rejects arena - a suggestion for a new type of arena. Not a replacement, but an alternative, that some may enjoy, even if only occasionally. So what is it?

Basically, a copy of the regular arena, with a few modifications, just for fun:

1. There is no payout time. There is a reset time though, which could be related to the regular arena payout time. I suggest putting it at the opposite hour from regular arena.

2. There are no refreshes and each player is only allowed a fixed number of attempts per day to climb the ranks. You are not supposed to spend crystals in this mode. I suggest 10 attempts per day.

3. Rewards are at a minimum. I suggest a few credits the first time (per day) if you reach 1st, 10th or 100th place. Nothing you would miss, if you can’t or won’t participate. This is for fun, not to help your grind.

4. At reset, a global qualification will be randomly determined. It may be based on the regular factions and affiliations, but there could be other factors or combinations as well. Examples could be Non-human Bounty Hunters? Female jedi? Wookies? Light side with minimum 10k power? Less than 4’ tall? If it is truly random, it needs to verify that the combination actually yields a set of characters. If it’s less than five, then the max team size should be adjusted accordingly. Occasionally the qualification could be nothing – matching a full roster.

5. Your team will be fixed for the day as your weakest five (or less if smaller set used) characters that qualify. The strongest leader of those, will be the default leader, but you may change this. Only if two characters have the exact same power, will you possibly have a choice in team members.

6. Adjustment to your roster will affect your team power and abilities, but not its composition. Mods could be manipulated before and after reset, but if the rewards are minimal, I don’t think anyone would bother wasting credits on that, especially since you can’t know who will be used next.

7. Your locked characters count towards your five. You are supposed to have all characters, even the worst rejects. If you don’t have a qualified character unlocked, then it’s one character less for your team. You may unlock a missing character, and it will immediately be included in your team.

8. If you don’t have any characters that qualify, your new defense team will be your previously qualified lowest character, and only that one character, with its stats set to 1. Others are supposed to beat you, easily.

9. If you have no qualified characters, you may not participate that day. Again, unlocking missing characters may allow you to participate immediately.

Why you ask? Because the regular grind for and use of meta character isn’t always fun. Something like this would add a different aspect of the game, which is not directly profitable for anyone. Something to maybe look forward to even if you can’t compete for top positions in other parts of the game. That guy who is building his Tusken, may get lucky one day here! Perhaps a portrait (of Rose Tico?) for anyone who has made it to 1st place?

Also, because I don’t like seeing Rose, CUP, Gamorrean Guard and Mob Enforcer in my inventory, never having left their bench. Rejects need love too.

Feel free to take it or leave it, in part or as a whole, or leave suggestions and criticism. This is just a rough draft, and I’m sure I may have overlooked or missed something. I just want a game mode that is a little different and that you can’t excel at, other than having a wide roster ready for anything.

Thank you for your consideration.