State of Guilds?

Prev13
So just wanted to know how everyone is feeling about the state of there guilds. I am seeing a large number of guilds looking not for just 1 or 2 members but groups of players. I know our Guild lost 3 members this last week as they decided they need time away from the game. Time ill tell how long they stay away. I know as an officer it is getting harder and harder to recruit at the level we need. We can get lower players but they would not be able to help us in Geo TB and would probably hurt us in TW. I mean we would love to bring in 5 or 6 good players but it is not happening. i mean maybe if some smaller guilds broke up moving groups of there players to 3 or 4 guilds it would help some of this but the idea of breaking up a guild is a non starter to most. So any thoughts? anything that can be done? does anyone even want anything done?

Replies

• Options
    So just wanted to know how everyone is feeling about the state of there guilds. I am seeing a large number of guilds looking not for just 1 or 2 members but groups of players. I know our Guild lost 3 members this last week as they decided they need time away from the game. Time ill tell how long they stay away. I know as an officer it is getting harder and harder to recruit at the level we need. We can get lower players but they would not be able to help us in Geo TB and would probably hurt us in TW. I mean we would love to bring in 5 or 6 good players but it is not happening. i mean maybe if some smaller guilds broke up moving groups of there players to 3 or 4 guilds it would help some of this but the idea of breaking up a guild is a non starter to most. So any thoughts? anything that can be done? does anyone even want anything done?

Personally, no one has announced leaving either my primary account or alt account guilds, nor my fleet shard.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Options
    One member left but only to join a friend of his guild so nothing to do with relics
  • Options
    Our guild is looking for members as well and having challenges. Up to 2 weeks ago if anyone left a request would pop up. Now it is very quiet. We are 136m gp 47 members and geo 11 stars.
  • Options
    Well the real test will be how the next guild war will be.
  • Options
    28* Geo guild. 225m guild now, since we just lost 3 players due to relics.
  • Options
    Lost 5 members all due to Relics and all 4.4 GP +, and more if light side Geo isn’t great or some great content doesn’t get announced soon... a lot of 200k+ Guilds are hurting
  • Options
    225M 29* Geo guild, lost two major players so far. Overall mood is a bit depressing right now.
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    It's more an issue of pride than an actual problem.

There are plenty of guild with 43-47 members and new guilds are opening every day. I every 10th guild of similar capacity (there are hundreds even of 200m+ guilds) broke up (possibly within an alliance, if the problem is staying together with friends), the problem would be solved, but as long as everyone insists on keeping their guild there won't be a solution.

Unless your guild has a strong enough status to attract a surplus of new candidates, of course.
  • Options
    We lost 8 players because of relics. People either quit or joined more relaxed guilds. Staying competitive became more expensive when relics dropped.
  • Options
    My 160M GP 14*Geo TB has lost only one, which was due to the relics and the general feeling of paywalls and progression walls.
  • Options
    My previously 220GP Top 50 TW guild lost 3 right after the TB ended, and they all cited Relics.

Another 2 officers have been discussing it pretty consistently enough that it's difficult to dismiss.

The idea of new Relic only abilities furthering the distance between players and guilds has demoralized them...and we haven't been able to fill a single one of our shortages yet.

We've never gone more than hours without replacing someone.
    Porgatory demands fresh souls.
  • Options
    We were never hyper-competitive... We had a couple of dolphins but mostly it was folks who just enjoyed the f2p game and one another's company. So we have weathered storms pretty well, including when new raids came along and other guilds were experiencing players departing so they could join groups that beat the raids sooner.

Recent developments in the game, relics included, have begun to change that. We lost our heaviest hitter as he retired from the game completely, and some others did the same. One guy left for smaller guilds so he could help them do things like beat raids for the first time. We're188m GP and managed to find replacements so we are still at 50/50.

Overall sentiment is not great. People have long since given up the notion of catching up, and even treading water doesn't seem likely. Now the sense is that by not spending you are going to fall behind faster than ever before..."fun" enters into the picture less and less.

Amusingly, some of our members started playing marvel under the same guild name, and so we added a channel on our Discord for that. I wonder if that channel will ultimately see more traffic than the ones dedicated to this game...
  • Options
    We lost no-one from our 182 mil 20* geo tb guild. To my knowledge, no-one is talking about leaving either. Relics are just another progression system to be worked at, just like mods, hstr, geo tb, upcoming ls geo tb, so everything is fine from our perspective.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    This feels like a stealth recruiting thread for some people.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ladiesman
    13 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    I thought veteren players would be pleased with relics. It gives the game a new lease of life and some thing new to improve there squads with. Personally i like relics, the only thing id say about them is maybe a bit to soon after g13. Its a long grind from g12 to g13 with relic 7
  • Options
    3 left the game completely (relics) but they just played around a year.
    One of our long time players might quit but it's more related to his workload.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

It's mainly to show that not only low GP players are leaving. We were at 205m GP before, now we're 7 players short.
    Relics aren't that bad, it's just the timing. They could have brought G13 earlier and yes, this totally was possible. I don't believe they developed Relics in just a couple months after G13 was finished, this looks like a long term thing.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Options
    Agreed its like they brought them both out together to get people to panic buy because g12s pretty much useless in comparison. I can see a lot of hardship ahead for f2p players when it comes to tw and ga.
  • Options
    Ladiesman wrote: »
    Agreed its like they brought them both out together to get people to panic buy because g12s pretty much useless in comparison. I can see a lot of hardship ahead for f2p players when it comes to tw and ga.

Or a lot of "meh". Mod RNG and GAC matchmaking had already gotten me to the point of not caring about being competitive in the game anymore. I think Relics would serve as another step in that direction for people who were on the verge taking a more relaxed approach with the game.

Still a fun game to play casually.
  • Options
    Yeah it is fun i enjoy the game a lot. Its nice to get extra zeta from ga and tw ect, if there's a spell where g13 and relics make it unfair i don't mind because they are planning on making g13 easier to farm at some point which is good enough for me. I will just keep chipping away and enjoy the game regardless
  • Options
    We haven't lost anyone. We are a bit more casual with few players at the tippy top, so relics didn't have a huge impact. We've actually recruited several players recently who were fleeing guilds using tight controls to aim for extra GeoTB stars.
  • Options

No where in the post are guilds mentioned or asking people to contact them to join guilds except in your footer TVF. Just because you are trying to recruit with every post does not mean everyone is.
  • Options
    We lost one player thus far. A few more are on the fence and/or taking a break for a period of time to assess.
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options

No where in the post are guilds mentioned or asking people to contact them to join guilds except in your footer TVF. Just because you are trying to recruit with every post does not mean everyone is.

When people mention not only their GP but also how many stars they get in Geo TB, that feels like a stealth recruitment to me. You don't have to know a guild name to PM a poster. But whatever.
  • Options
    We haven't lost anyone as of yet. There has been talk of a few members spending less time on the game. So far relics haven't really bothered me, but I think they brought them in way too soon after G13. I only have one G13 toon so far since I have been concentrating on gearing Separatist and Republic toons to the G11/12 range. I haven't had spare energy to farm G13 gear. My one G13 toon is dark Bastila. Not an ideal choice, but had the gear at the time and went for it to boost her speed stats. I am actively working on G13 GG. I only took Bastila's relic to level 1 because I don't think she gets that much bang for the buck with her relic.
  • Bevel_Lemelisk
    202 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options

When people mention not only their GP but also how many stars they get in Geo TB, that feels like a stealth recruitment to me. You don't have to know a guild name to PM a poster. But whatever.

I took your comment against the original post which did not list GP, Star counts or any achievements the guild gets. So next time reword it to say you feel some are turning this into a stealh recruiting post instead of claiming that was what the original post intended.
  • Options
    We lost one of our best players over Relics. We lost 5 or 6 between Padme and Malak. Every update we lose more and more and soon our Guild will be a beginner Guild again.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options

I took your comment against the original post which did not list GP, Star counts or any achievements the guild gets. So next time reword it to say you feel some are turning this into a stealh recruiting post instead of claiming that was what the original post intended.

I said "for some people." So that's exactly what I said.

• Options
    Nobody's left. They all just want to hang with a kewl dude like me...
  • Options
    Haven't noticed anything other than normal guild turnover.