GG vs 88 for leader

I’m working on getting my GG to G13 and I’m wondering why most people are running IG88 lead on the droid death team. GG’s lead seems to read as a better leader ability. Are they running 88 for the extra crit chance? Or am I missing something

Replies

• Options
    Running a different droid as the leader prevents GG from getting Fear, which will ruin your chances of beating Drevan/Malak
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Not fear, deathmark.
  • Options
    Liath wrote: »
    Not fear, deathmark.

Well that too I guess, my understanding is that both can ruin your team
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Options
    Liath wrote: »
    Not fear, deathmark.

Well that too I guess, my understanding is that both can ruin your team

Fear is bad, but Deathmark is the absolute worst. Whoever came up with that mechanic should suffer greatly
  • Options
    Ok... That makes sense. Thanks!
  • crzydroid
    7314 posts Moderator
    Options
    I'm actually curious myself as to why IG is picked over HK. I can't imagine he stays alive long enough to fill a contract, and even the contract as well as the dots serum worthless if you have CBM.

HK seems like he'd give more damage all around, plus there's the tm gain.
  • Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    I'm actually curious myself as to why IG is picked over HK. I can't imagine he stays alive long enough to fill a contract, and even the contract as well as the dots serum worthless if you have CBM.

88 inflicts more debuffs, which means more damage for GG.
  • Options
    IG inflicts more debuffs and HK does better in a DRevan lineup. I don't have DRevan though and use IG to heal my Bossk team so HK leads the General against the meatbags for me
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    If you also have the IG zeta and manage to land target lock, it shuts down healing too.
  • crzydroid
    7314 posts Moderator
    Options

But do debuffs matter if you have CBM anyway? Does IG-88 survive long enough to get anything off?
  • Options

But do debuffs matter if you have CBM anyway? Does IG-88 survive long enough to get anything off?

If BB8 is on the team, he loads everyone up with a ton of turn meter at the start of the match. Your whole team will get a turn before CBM hits, assuming you have a decent amount of speed.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options

If they get CBM off before you land debuffs you lose. Need them to drive up the GG damage.