Q about division 2 kyber league

Does anyone know how many times you can lose in gac division 2 and still reach kyber league? I’ve finished majority of the feats, lost twice, was wondering if I still had a chance to reach kyber league, thanks guys!

Replies

• Options
    I suspect not but you can do the math:
    3 matches left
    90 points for each defense squad deployed
    64 points max per fight won
    180 points per 2-squad territory cleared
    1000 pts for a win
    plus any additional feats they add
  • Options
    thanks man! If my math is right and I play completely perfect I can just squeeze in there lol
  • Options
    Div 1 is the same. I’m 7&2 so far, have completed almost all feats and I can just make it if I win all 3 with ~1900 full clears.
  • Options
    I’m 8-1 right now and 9000 points away from kyber. If I go 3-0, get about 1900 points per round, and complete more feats, I can make kyber. I had 2 1500 point games and the rest were 1900. If you’re hitting 1900 a game and still lost 2 then you should be in the same boat as me.
  • Options
    You can loose 3 times if you did all the feats, and fully cleared all the territories in the full GAC.
  • TVF
    36611 posts Member
    Options
    I believe 2 is the total loses you can get and still get into kyber.

It's not that simple. Depends on feats, terrories, cleared, and efficiency. Last GAC I went 11-1 and missed it by 100 points.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    So if you're in Aurodium and you're mathematically out of Khyber, do you roll over so your opponents can get there or do you play the spoiler role?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    So if you're in Aurodium and you're mathematically out of Khyber, do you roll over so your opponents can get there or do you play the spoiler role?

Since there are rewards for placement in each GA as well, I see no reason not to continue trying to win.
  • Options
    In the last GAC, I went 9-3 and only missed Kyber by a hair. I would have been safely in Kyber if I had won the last match. I got pretty much all of the feats and I usually full clear (I try to keep enough to clear). So I'd say 10-2 is enough if you usually full clear. If you play for defense and get a bunch of 2 zone wins, you might need 11-1.
  • Options
    This for me is the biggest problem with GAC.

Forgive the lack of concrete maths, but it would seem to me that:
    - players finishing 6&6 in div1, div2, should reach Aurodium.
    - A tiny amount of people finishing 9&3 might possibly make it to Kyber, if their defeats and wins were all high scoring and they complete every feat. (Eg 1910 full clear score each time plus 9 wins gives you 31920 meaning 3680 needed from feats)
    - Many 10&2 will make it to Kyber, but not all of them, if they had a lot of low scoring matches / missed lots of feats.
    - virtually all 11&1 will make Kyber and I’m sure all 12&0 will make it too.

My problem is, because we earn an absolute minimum of 720 banners per match (unless we deliberately sabotage ourselves), a lot of people realise midway through the 3rd GA of the GAC that they are guaranteed to reach Aurodium but not reach Kyber. Where’s the incentive to keep trying? The difference between finishing top or second in each GA isn’t all that big, and you’re guaranteed the same end of GAC rewards.

I think they need more leagues, so that people who don’t make the promised land of Kyber still have motivation to keep trying in the final GA.
  • Options
    Why only 720x2?
  • Options
    I’m on 26,652. Feats currently visible give me 590, taking me to 27,242. If I win all 3 matches that’s 30,242.

Can I earn the remaining 5,258 from setting defence and attack banners in the 3 matches? Yes - only need an average of 1753, and I’ve scored more than that in every single match so far.

So 10&2 can definitely make it to Kyber in div1.
  • Keydash1
    503 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Finch1221 wrote: »
    I am currently 9-0, only failed to full clear once, and still need 7k for kyber in division 2. 720x2 for defense puts me on 30k lets say I win 2/3 here which looks likely I will have 32k plus and 500 or so for current feats would put me at 32.5k so I would need 3k on offense or roughly 3 full clears to reach Kyber all depends I guess but I am top 500 in division 2 and still not garunteed.

30k - 720x3 = 27,840 prior to setting defense.
    35k - 27,840 = 7,160 (edit: it looks like 35k is wrong, so this post is wrong)

Tough to get that without at least 1 win. But totally doable with 1 win, 3 full clears, and feats.
    Post edited by Keydash1 on
  • Keydash1
    503 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Yea I thought I laid it out pretty well, prior to this GAC I had 27963 plus 690 in almost garunteed feats and 1 win would put me at 29653 so 5847 to Kyber which would be 1949 per round which would be very hard to get, personally I think I will get 2 with the exception of a G13 Malek owner which would leave me with 1616 per round which is much more favourable. Any new feats may be crucial as well.
    My mistake, I was using 35000 for kyber not 35500. I'm still confused how you need 2 wins (or a ton of feats), where I would have made it at 10-2 last GAC. Perhaps the feats changed. Or maybe I full cleared everyone (quite possible, I don't remember) or simply accumulated more offense points through the first 3 GAs.
  • Options
    4 defeats and made kyber? I’m not sure that can be right.

Let’s say you average 1920 per match, even the ones you lose. That’s 12x1920 + 8000 = 31040.

That leaves you needing 4460 from feats. I’ll admit I don’t have a list of the total amount of feat points available, but I’d be surprised if it was as high as that.

If you made Kyber, I reckon it was 3 defeats tops.
  • Options
    Won all my GAC matches so far but I don’t see me reaching Kyber in div 1.

I’m at 29053 points before the first round starts tonight (but after having placed defs) so I guess I have a chance, just don’t think I will make it as I got some hard matchups this round and I doubt I will win all matches. I won’t be able to complete the “win 18 squad arena fights” feat either so will lose some points there as well.
  • Options
    I’m shocked that no one is there yet lol
  • Options
    Jpfit262 wrote: »
    I’m shocked that no one is there yet lol

To be fair to CG this is the one gamemode that has had a lot of work put into it recently and it would be pretty poor design to already be there

I agree, it is refreshing to see an area even that hasn’t been whaled over yet.

Quite honestly this is the one game mode that you can’t get by without skill.
  • Keydash1
    503 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    It's much harder to hit kyber the higher your division. Higher up, most of your opponents will be able to place decent defense even if they go heavy offense. It makes full clears with high banners a lot harder, and those lost points add up over 12 matches.

I'm now 8-2 (division 2), and will hit Kyber if I win the last 2, or win 1 and average 1905 in the two matches. My current opponent is really strong though, so I'll probably lose this one, win the last, and finish just short.

Edit: my opponent put crap on defense and I won 1910 to 1904. Anyone who ever thought only roster counts and there's no strategy is dead wrong. Now I can lose with 1894 in the last round and make kyber at 9-3.