Feature Request: Build your own GW

Relics are here and people have raised the question: "Great, more gear farming but we still can't DO much with all of these characters."

Meanwhile, GW is a useful testing ground for....trying out teams you're currently building until they become too powerful to be interesting. People have been asking for a Sandbox mode in some form or another for ages now. We all understand priorities, etc.

So, how about a compromise. GW teams are culled from player-made arena squads and limited by some power measurement (I believe the old squad power stat - I recall that this didn't change when GP was deployed, but not sure what happened once the QoL update that reset the difficulty was deployed).

Regardless, providing the option of reverting back to the original power calculation wouldn't be a good experience. Five DR/DM matches per day for arena is more than I can bear already - Seeing a full table of JKR / DR / GG wouldn't be any fun, I'd just sim through it.

But, if I could build my own GW table using squads from the last TB I was in....now THAT would be something I would spend some time with - probably lots of time. I'd still want to be able to sim the node, and the entire GW, but this would serve two purposes: 1) give us something to do with our rosters that we would enjoy and 2) leverage existing infrastructure and player built squad inventory to provide a level of variety.

Thoughts?

Replies

• Options
    Fantastic idea!
  • Options
    Kudos, my vote is here
  • Options
    No money = no point

-CG
    Fake Quote
  • Options
    Interesting idea. Lately I've been thinking an easy sandbox mode would be to simply build 2 squads from your own roster and let the AI control one. Could give you a better idea how to mod up your squads for the best defense against known counters, if you have them in your collection of course.
  • Options
    @EventineElessedil This is a great idea. Allows you to test your own squads on both offense and defense.
  • Options
    I’d like to expand on your idea:

Each player creates a GW table with toons from their roster, and makes it available for your guild-mates to attack. This will more than double-down as a sandbox mode, intra-guild fraternity, theory crafting, beta-testing... the list of potential benefits goes on & on.

In fact, it could even be a new map style for GAC. It would almost be too perfect. Each player has to set 12 defenses in ascending order of GP, and they get the rest of their roster to attack an opponent’s map. Galactic War could then become a daily practice ground, with AI maps generated from old Player maps.

It’s genius, actually.