Isolated Grievous WAI?

If Grievous (unique zeta) is isolated and one of his droids die, he'll get his bonus turn but his cooldowns don't reset, is that right cause it anything it seems like the opposite should occur

Replies

• Options
    It seems like isolate has to be taken into account in each hero's ability script, on a case by case basis, making it very error prone. I found out a few GAs ago that isolating Vandor Chewie doesn't prevent him from reviving other LS scoundrels, much to my surprise. These sorts of issues definitely seem counter to the spirit of isolate - anything that happens outside the isolated hero's turn shouldn't trigger any of their abilities.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    I've seen the same problem with isolating clones in the Geo TB we do. You can isolate a clone and they still call others to assist, for example. The only one it works on 100% is the clone medic, they won't heal / revive any other clones if they are isolated. If one of them throws that brick wall buff up, it'll ignore isolate.

So, you need to make up our minds on that one CG. :smile:
  • Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    I've seen the same problem with isolating clones in the Geo TB we do. You can isolate a clone and they still call others to assist, for example. The only one it works on 100% is the clone medic, they won't heal / revive any other clones if they are isolated. If one of them throws that brick wall buff up, it'll ignore isolate.

I’ve never seen an isolated Clone call an assist.

As far as Entrenched goes, it can’t be prevented or removed. Grand Master Training and Battle Meditation work the same way - they can be placed on isolated characters (or on characters with shock or buff immunity), so CG IS being consistent with that.
  • Options
    Speaking of isolate, nowhere in the debuff discription does it say it blocks healing, but I find that happens whenever I am against Traya in HSTR.
  • Options
    WarGuy101 wrote: »
    Speaking of isolate, nowhere in the debuff discription does it say it blocks healing, but I find that happens whenever I am against Traya in HSTR.
    Does healing maybe count as a positive effect? Since it says “can’t gain buffs; ... or gain positive effects out of turn” makes it seem like positive effect is more than just buffs and includes healing and turn meter gain
  • Options

Positive effects include:
    Turn Meter Gain
    Health Recovery
    Protection Recovery
    Assist Attack
    Buffs
    Revive
    Ally Dispel
    Health Equalization
    Cooldown reduction
  • Options

Sure it does

q3hbhl986s57.png

If someone is isolated, they can't gain "positive effects" (which includes healing) and their allies can't gain positive effects during their turn. This means they can't be healed and they can't heal others. Notice it says both can't gain "buffs" and can't gain "positive effects"...they aren't the same thing. So even though healing isn't a buff, it IS a positive effect...and that is blocked by Isolate unless the ability says it can't be prevented.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Positive effects include:
    Turn Meter Gain
    Health Recovery
    Protection Recovery
    Assist Attack
    Buffs
    Revive
    Ally Dispel
    Health Equalization
    Cooldown reduction

This is "the answer". It prevents CD reduction, but bonus turn is not blocked.

• Options
    jkray622 wrote: »
    Whatelse73 wrote: »

I’ve never seen an isolated Clone call an assist.

As far as Entrenched goes, it can’t be prevented or removed. Grand Master Training and Battle Meditation work the same way - they can be placed on isolated characters (or on characters with shock or buff immunity), so CG IS being consistent with that.
    I have found that, if you put isolate on bastila, she won’t spread around battle meditation