Back after not playing for 1 or 2 years

Prev1
I recently picked this game back up in the past week just to see what has changed, did not really know how to play before I stopped playing and was too busy to play it as there were other games on the console that took priority.

Having a lot of fun since I returned getting the characters I want to use and understanding character shards, the store, and guilds.

Only a level 52 player at the time of posting this, and in a starter guild as I get back into things.

Looking for some active allies as I have some who have been inactive for 854 days, and I have already added the active people in my guild.

Also have a question: who is "Mol Eliza" ?, I see this person 8 times for people who have done Raid damage.

Replies

  • Mol Eliza is a game generated name. There are many accounts with that name where the player did not bother to change the in game name (or cannot if it's a minor account), and it's also the name that's left in the raid scores when a player leaves the guild.

    If you want allies then post your ally code.
  • My ally code is 154-917-131
  • Have to put it out there, you really need to consider as being lvl54 that should you go ahead and restart from scratch at least start an alt account which you can switch to after getting familiar with the game. You are not able to compete with your squad arena for a long long time, you should read up on this matter. Lots of new players returning posts on the forums. It doesn't take a long time to get lvl54 again and starting clean (taking advice from videos on youtube what to farm etc) will benefit you for the months and years in front of you. Makes the game more enjoyable.
  • There are also ally code lists on forums where you can pick up more fresh and active allies.
  • Waqui
    5847 posts Member
    edited September 24
    Dethjin wrote: »
    Have to put it out there, you really need to consider as being lvl54 that should you go ahead and restart from scratch at least start an alt account which you can switch to after getting familiar with the game. You are not able to compete with your squad arena for a long long time, you should read up on this matter.

    Alternatively OP could go all-in on ships and pilots to have a crystal income from fleet arena.

    ... But yes, taking a brand new account to level 54 won't take long.
  • Revan110
    13 posts Member
    edited September 24
    I already have 11K crystals from before(not a cent spent on it), been moving up on squad arena, got a 4 star Vader, got 5 star Tarkin, 4 of 6 Phoenix squad are mine with 2 earned the last 2 days, HK-47 at 4 stars, and 5 other characters at 4 stars not to mention the level 5 gear they have.

    Why in the hell would I **** can all this work that I had before and that I made this past few days just for squad arena ?!!

    I can start farming the things I need now and have way more fun continuing where I left off with my level 44, 45, and 50 level characters.

    There is no reason I would start from scratch when I already have good stuff to keep working on, that is the opposite of progress in this instance.

    The past few days I have also been adding ally codes fir JKR and Darth Revan along with some others.
  • Waqui
    5847 posts Member
    If you joined squad arena before you took your break, you will have a very hard time climbing to high ranks there. At some point you will hit a brick wall and from there on it will take months for every little progress you take.

    11k crystals? May I suggest, that you start spending crystals on energy refreshes to boost your progress? It helps you farm characters/gear and gain levels faster.
  • Yes I gave been spending on refreshing attempts, have plenty of energy, been using a lot on sim tickets so the farming is much easier.

    Went from 25 crystals a day to 35 just this week due to not caring about or competing in squad arena.

    With all the other ways to earn crystals I do not really care about squad arena as it really is not all that important to me nor does it matter for why I play.
  • Waqui
    5847 posts Member
    In the end of the day, the only thing that matters is, that you have fun. Do whatever is more fun for you.
  • If I may suggest you something drastic, don't inflict this pain to yourself. Either choose another game or see if your mental health holds after starting all over. The game is just not made for people that quits for 1 or 2 years.
  • Drazhar wrote: »
    If I may suggest you something drastic, don't inflict this pain to yourself. Either choose another game or see if your mental health holds after starting all over. The game is just not made for people that quits for 1 or 2 years.

    I enjoyed playing my alt, which had been hibernating for 14 months. Experiencing the climb back through the ranks in squad arena was a whole new interesting and fun experience.
  • Liath
    4606 posts Member
    Revan110 wrote: »
    I already have 11K crystals from before(not a cent spent on it), been moving up on squad arena, got a 4 star Vader, got 5 star Tarkin, 4 of 6 Phoenix squad are mine with 2 earned the last 2 days, HK-47 at 4 stars, and 5 other characters at 4 stars not to mention the level 5 gear they have.

    Why in the hell would I **** can all this work that I had before and that I made this past few days just for squad arena ?!!

    I can start farming the things I need now and have way more fun continuing where I left off with my level 44, 45, and 50 level characters.

    There is no reason I would start from scratch when I already have good stuff to keep working on, that is the opposite of progress in this instance.

    The past few days I have also been adding ally codes fir JKR and Darth Revan along with some others.

    Don't start over if you don't want to, but there's no need to be hostile about it. It's common advice and there are good reasons for it even if it's not something you choose to do.
  • TVF
    16182 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »
    Drazhar wrote: »
    If I may suggest you something drastic, don't inflict this pain to yourself. Either choose another game or see if your mental health holds after starting all over. The game is just not made for people that quits for 1 or 2 years.

    I enjoyed playing my alt, which had been hibernating for 14 months. Experiencing the climb back through the ranks in squad arena was a whole new interesting and fun experience.

    I'm confused. Are you suggesting doing something different can be fun?
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Jarvind
    2615 posts Member
    edited September 24
    Revan110 wrote: »
    Why in the hell would I **** can all this work that I had before and that I made this past few days just for squad arena ?!!

    A: You are violating Wheaton's Law

    B: I can tell you that I came back from a long break and didn't restart, and I wish I had. The arena gap is basically impossible to close.

    That may seem minor now, when you still have lots of easy farms to complete, but later on you'll find crystals become much more important when you only have hard nodes left to grind. If you don't even have the Phoenix squad complete yet from before your break, it's 100% worth it.
  • Waqui
    5847 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    Drazhar wrote: »
    If I may suggest you something drastic, don't inflict this pain to yourself. Either choose another game or see if your mental health holds after starting all over. The game is just not made for people that quits for 1 or 2 years.

    I enjoyed playing my alt, which had been hibernating for 14 months. Experiencing the climb back through the ranks in squad arena was a whole new interesting and fun experience.

    I'm confused. Are you suggesting doing something different can be fun?

    Brought to you by Confuse-A-Cat Ltd.
  • TVF
    16182 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Revan110 wrote: »
    Why in the hell would I **** can all this work that I had before and that I made this past few days just for squad arena ?!!

    A: You are violating Wheaton's Law

    giphy.gif
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Squad Arena is really given way to much importance here, not everyone is going to need it to get what they want out of this game.

    I can still use the fleet arena for crystals since I still have not unlocked it, if “restarting from zero” was my only option I would not even bother playing this game since it would require way to much time to get back to where I was.
  • Revan110 wrote: »
    Squad Arena is really given way to much importance here, not everyone is going to need it to get what they want out of this game.

    I can still use the fleet arena for crystals since I still have not unlocked it, if “restarting from zero” was my only option I would not even bother playing this game since it would require way to much time to get back to where I was.

    Your post had several points that indicated you didn't know much about the game (not knowing that "Mol Eliza" is a placeholder, still being in starter guilds which are a trashcan fire). People gave you sound advice. Obviously you can play however you want, but there's no reason to get salty about it.
  • Revan110
    13 posts Member
    edited September 25
    I think most people would be salty hearing “best to start over if your a level 50 after such a long absence” as if all my work before was a waste of time all due to squad arena being treated as if it’s the “end all be all”.

    The idea a returning player can't just pick up where they left off due to one part of the PVP aspect of this game is crazy.

    Will I be playing catch up and figuring things out again ? yes but that should not be given a "best to start all over" response just because squad arena is a "keeping up with the Jones" situation.

  • Revan110 wrote: »
    I think most people would be salty hearing “best to start over if your a level 50 after such a long absence” as if all my work before was a waste of time all due to squad arena being treated as if it’s the “end all be all”.

    The idea a returning player can't just pick up where they left off due to one part of the PVP aspect of this game is crazy.

    Will I be playing catch up and figuring things out again ? yes but that should not be given a "best to start all over" response just because squad arena is a "keeping up with the Jones" situation.

    Like I said earlier, I thought the same thing, and now I know better and wish I'd restarted. I was just hoping to spare somebody else the same situation. Clearly you think you know better than everyone else though, so best of luck.
  • Revan110 wrote: »
    I think most people would be salty hearing “best to start over if your a level 50 after such a long absence” as if all my work before was a waste of time all due to squad arena being treated as if it’s the “end all be all”.

    The idea a returning player can't just pick up where they left off due to one part of the PVP aspect of this game is crazy.

    Will I be playing catch up and figuring things out again ? yes but that should not be given a "best to start all over" response just because squad arena is a "keeping up with the Jones" situation.

    Would take you two weeks tops to hit level 50.

    But if you love a challenge, just continue on as is. :)
  • the first time I played this game, it was before mods, I had 85lvl and a lot of character and a stable place in the arena. Later I stopped playing somehow after introducing mods. But I stopped because I got bored, not because of mods. I played because I like SW. I also didn't know about Mol Eliza and I wasn't even in any guild because it wasn't my goal. But I came back to the game a little over a year ago, unfortunately I didn't have an account saved and had to start over, I was angry how much I lost. But now when I have a new account and played with YT tips or forums, I know I came out better and level 85 is just the beginning of the adventure. And playing with the pattern (Phoenix, empire, rebel ...) the game goes really fast. And the fact that you have 11,000 crystals may seem like a lot to you, but wait until you have a higher level and gear X-XI characters, you'll find that
    11,000 will do it very quickly, which is why the arena is important to have a larger revenue. I get 250-300 crystals every day just because I play according to the scheme. If it wasn't for revans I would have a higher position in the arena: P
  • TVF
    16182 posts Member
    Why do people get mad when they get legit advice?

    Follow up: why do people give advice here?
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • UnbelieverInME
    349 posts Member
    edited September 25
    TVF wrote: »
    Why do people get mad when they get legit advice?

    Follow up: why do people give advice here?
    • Usually because the "advice" they were looking for was really just a justification for the opinion they already hold or they feel the advice was both unsolicited and unwelcome because <insert reason here>
    • Some people want to be helpful. Some people want to prove they know more than the average bear. Some people are trolling instead. Some people just want to chat. There's a bunch of reasons.
    “The lesser of two evils is still evil.” - Solomon Short
  • TVF
    16182 posts Member
    I agree with your first point.

    My second question wasn't really a question as much as it was an observation that trying to help most people here just gets you yelled at, because of the first point.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I do not mind the advice on what to farm or the pillars as that was very helpful advice, it is the “you should start over” part that irks me.

    Being able to continue where I left off is part of why I even came back, and I was given some stuff during the few times I logged in but did not actually play.

    If I only had a few characters who were just from the starter pack, or I did not work on their gear or abilities then starting over would not be an issue.
  • TVF
    16182 posts Member
    Revan110 wrote: »
    I do not mind the advice on what to farm or the pillars as that was very helpful advice, it is the “you should start over” part that irks me.

    Being able to continue where I left off is part of why I even came back, and I was given some stuff during the few times I logged in but did not actually play.

    Ok but people who suggested it didn't know this part. It's a common suggestion.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Waqui
    5847 posts Member
    OP asked two specific questions.Liath answered them both in the first response.

    Yes, it's common to suggest starting over, but suggesting it was completely besides OP's points/questions. Furthermore, in this case the OP still has the possibility to focus on ships and fleet arena to have a crystal income from there.

    In the end of the day, it's all about having fun. OP can play the game whichever way he prefers.
  • TVF
    16182 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »
    OP asked two specific questions.Liath answered them both in the first response.

    Yes, it's common to suggest starting over, but suggesting it was completely besides OP's points/questions. Furthermore, in this case the OP still has the possibility to focus on ships and fleet arena to have a crystal income from there.

    In the end of the day, it's all about having fun. OP can play the game whichever way he prefers.

    Did someone say he can't?

    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Does anyone know if shipments are random or have a pattern for what shards appear in the shipments store area ??

    Trying to put together the Rogue One crew and I know dome are only available in the shipments for some of them.
Sign In or Register to comment.